PDA

View Full Version : Way to Butcher Nirvana

Hostile
04-23-2013, 12:45 AM
All I can say is ouch.....

ScarGardens
04-23-2013, 04:18 AM
Ill step up and show some age...though Nirvana is timeless.
Agreed, but was cool to be used in the ep.

Space_Monky
04-23-2013, 04:24 AM
i enjoyed it.
i've heard much worse...

Dandrielas
04-23-2013, 04:24 AM
Eh, I prefer that version over regular sounding Nirvana any day.

Hawkler
04-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Eh, I prefer that version over regular sounding Nirvana any day.

Not I. I like the original.

mr_mover34
04-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Its wasn't too bad. I will admit to sitting there and expecting the singer to put a little more life into it though.

NCDigital
04-23-2013, 04:34 AM
at least it wasn't rap3 me

mbergeron
04-23-2013, 04:34 AM
At least the part they played it at was appropriate for that version of the song. Maybe Mad World would have been better:D.

NCDigital
04-23-2013, 04:35 AM
At least the part they played it at was appropriate for that version of the song. Maybe Mad World would have been better:D.

Mad World has been over played since the dawn of the century... it's time to kill that song with fire

Dunnomatic
04-23-2013, 05:40 AM
I actually really liked it. Well done remake.

NalkorRN
04-23-2013, 05:41 AM
Mad World has been over played since the dawn of the century... it's time to kill that song with fire
The song is great, it's just that it gets used every time there's something going on and the people making the game/show/whatever want to try and make it seem like what's going on is sad.

Shada Mori
04-23-2013, 05:52 AM
Actually I'm a Nirvana fan and I loved that version in the show. I went and googled it as soon as the show was over. Its on my youtube favs now. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgWMfRmumQ&list=FLZsVaEJJIRs5eonOazflDAA&index=1 <--- the song.

Skeptic
04-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Actually I'm a Nirvana fan and I loved that version in the show. I went and googled it as soon as the show was over. Its on my youtube favs now. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPgWMfRmumQ&list=FLZsVaEJJIRs5eonOazflDAA&index=1 <--- the song.
this is 100% correct for me as well

Shogo_Yahagi
04-23-2013, 06:32 AM
Ruin your own damn song.

FattyMcG33
04-23-2013, 06:35 AM
I thought it was good

lordchun
04-23-2013, 06:38 AM
It was ok. The singer needed to put more life into it. But I'm old and love Nirvana. Plus I'm a Negitive Creep :P

Dirt Nap
04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
It was better than Otep's cover.

RevoContro
Nirvana has been one of my favourite bands & I think the rendition of 'Come As You Are' made by the South African band Civil Twilight (Google & Wiki is my best friend here :)) is actually pretty good and suitable with the setting for the scene. Nirvana themselves have made (which IMHO a better) rendition of a song i.e. 'The Man Who Sold The World' by David Bowie. While in my opinion I wouldn't call this rendition better, I won't call this as a butcher either. Unless if they disrespect the source material & put in dubstep for no reason, now that's a different story.

DeMoted
All I can say is ouch.....

Actually Kurt butchered himself with a shotgun hahahah

Dirt Nap
04-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Actually Kurt butchered himself with a shotgun hahahah

Now you've done it.

Orge Lambart
04-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Nirvana gets loads of praise they dont' actually deserve, they were good at the time they broke in, but ultimately the group wouldn't have had the staying power. Look at every other grunge band and see where they wound up.

The saddest part is Cobain killed himself, I've always heard it was in part because he became too mainstream and couldn't live up to it. Years later his wife let his likeness be used in Guitar Hero.... irony.

funkstylz
04-23-2013, 07:14 AM
I can say most of the people who like the remake were too young to remember Nirvana when they came out (*cough* *cough* Bieber generation). While I think Nirvana was over-rated and only contributed to inspiring the post-grunge movement (which was awesome), I think the remake version in the show was horrible and made me feel old.

As the song played I imagined F.U.N., Bieber, and the cast of twilight having an orgy on the grave of rock and roll, and then I cried myself to sleep.....

Dunnomatic
04-23-2013, 07:21 AM
I can say most of the people who like the remake were too young to remember Nirvana when they came out (*cough* *cough* Bieber generation). While I think Nirvana was over-rated and only contributed to inspiring the post-grunge movement (which was awesome), I think the remake version in the show was horrible and made me feel old.

As the song played I imagined F.U.N., Bieber, and the cast of twilight having an orgy on the grave of rock and roll, and then I cried myself to sleep.....
Most might be accurate. Because its not all of us for sure. I grew up with grundge and still like the remake.

Conflict
04-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Listening to that song, was like taking a shotgun to the face

Telemachus
04-23-2013, 07:28 AM
I didn't like it used that way, the original would have been better anyway.

DeMoted
04-23-2013, 07:28 AM

No they just don't give a **** about a song... You need to learn what is important in life then you can stop crying over nothing

RevoContro
04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Nirvana gets loads of praise they dont' actually deserve, they were good at the time they broke in, but ultimately the group wouldn't have had the staying power. Look at every other grunge band and see where they wound up.

The saddest part is Cobain killed himself, I've always heard it was in part because he became too mainstream and couldn't live up to it. Years later his wife let his likeness be used in Guitar Hero.... irony.

At least Dave Grohl did well for himself since Foo Fighters. Can't believe Kurt has a 20 years old daughter by now. Make me feel old :(. I remember at the time, there were bands like Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Sonic Youth & etc, but Nirvana's rose to fame was at least because of Kurt's antics & 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'. That song was played for so many times on the radio & MTV when it was good.