PDA

View Full Version : Are the PS3 NA servers offline?

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 01:06 AM
I keep trying to log in but I just keep getting a message saying the Defiance service is not available.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/529254_10151556955569293_760893597_n.jpg

Defy
04-23-2013, 01:40 AM
I think they are doing some patch

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 01:42 AM
I hope that is all it is because this may be the last straw for me before I start trying for a full refund or an exchange for the more support PC version. lol

SeDiouS
04-23-2013, 02:03 AM
i just wish that we would get the same customer service as the PC and XBOX get they never tell the Ps3 community anything till after the fact

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 02:05 AM
i just wish that we would get the same customer service as the PC and XBOX get they never tell the Ps3 community anything till after the fact

Ya it is getting extremely annoying. I wish I could get a refund but I doubt I can since I bought the game digitally on PSN.

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 02:05 AM

Ya it is getting extremely annoying. I wish I could get a refund but I doubt I can since I bought the game digitally on PSN.

Live2Reap
04-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Server is down for maintenance.

SeDiouS
04-23-2013, 02:10 AM
its funny i just wish the Ps3 was even in the Defiance Server Status if u look Ps3 is never mentioned

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Server is down for maintenance.

According to Sledgehammer70 on twitter the PS3 servers are online. I'm hitting my boiling point with this "game".

medicmarch
04-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Augh. I know. I keep getting the same message. PS3, y u redheaded stepchild of announcement world

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Servers back up now

medicmarch
04-23-2013, 02:18 AM
According to Sledgehammer70 on twitter the PS3 servers are online. I'm hitting my boiling point with this "game".

Eagle where did you see that? I'm following the @defiancegame account but must have missed it.

SeDiouS
04-23-2013, 02:19 AM
this is just another way for xbox players to talk down to Ps3 community because PC and XBOX are friends with microsoft so its nug nug wink wink like always

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Eagle where did you see that? I'm following the @defiancegame account but must have missed it.

I saw it here.

Mathew Everett ‏@sledgehammer70 41m
@Eagle7D8 @DefianceGame They are online. Have you tried to power down your system and boot back up?

medicmarch
04-23-2013, 02:26 AM
Mines up! Thanks everyone

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Well I still can't get on. Guess I'll just go to bed and try again later. I'm so disgusted with this. I wonder what it would take for a full refund. If this isn't fixed soon maybe I'll try Sony support.

Obvious Lee
04-23-2013, 02:58 AM
I hope that is all it is because this may be the last straw for me before I start trying for a full refund or an exchange for the more support PC version. lol

you can try, but you wont get a refund, and here is why.

D. Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods
Purchases of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods are non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law.
As Trion deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, Trion may limit the total amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be purchased at any one time, and/or limit the aggregate amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be held in your Account.
You are solely responsible for verifying that the proper amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods has been added to or deducted from your Account during any given transaction. You are responsible for notifying Trion immediately if you believe that a mistake has been made with respect to your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. Trion, in its sole discretion, may require additional information and/or documentation to verify your claim, and once Trion has the information that Trion deems necessary to verify your claim, Trion may take action to freeze your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods and, if frozen, may unfreeze such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods once Trion has returned control of your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to you. Regardless of any actions Trion may take on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that Trion has sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not your claim is valid and, if so, the appropriate remedy.
Trion reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods if Trion determines in its sole discretion, after investigation, that you have misused such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.
If you leave a balance of Virtual Currency unused for a period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if your account is closed, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, we may process your Virtual Currency balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Virtual Currency balance to the appropriate governing body where required by law.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND/OR VIRTUAL GOODS YOU ACQUIRE HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR MONEY, GOODS, OR OTHER ITEMS OF MONETARY VALUE.
E. Refund Policy
ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES (INCLUDING ANY GAME CARD REDEEMED FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART. YOU AGREE THAT TRION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PRE-PAID TIME AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY. Additionally, as products or services (such as Game(s) or Virtual Items) that are downloadable are deemed used promptly upon completion of your purchase, no refunds will be made for such purchases. Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time.

Assasino
04-23-2013, 04:23 AM
It was indeed online. It had taken me several attempts to connect but finally got on
I would say when it happens to perhaps unplug your cables and what not for your internet and re-boot
That seemed to work for me one time even though i think it's the servers at their end

Hibernian
04-23-2013, 05:57 AM
Folks, as has been regularly drummed out in various conversations, the fault isn't specifically TRION's but rather them being handcuffed by Sony's patch policy. Takes considerably longer to go through Sony's testing and approval process, and then I suspect that when the green light is given it's "all hands on deck immediately" to roll the patch out in order to convey to the playing communities that the devs are not dragging their feet after all.
Rock, meet hard place.
Ether suffer the wrath of the playing communities for having patches delayed by Sony, or suffer the wrath of rolling them out as quickly as possible and without lengthy communication to the community but incurring the wrath based on what looks like "surprise outages".

If indeed today's outage was patch-related, then we've been expecting it (and lets be honest, a lot of people have been bloody screaming for it) for days. A little bit of info from TRION regarding the nature of the outage and an expected ETA for return-to-service might have helped, sure. Still, jeez, the game's still in its infancy. Give it a chance. At least you're not paying a Monthly sub to play it.
I've been gaming for an alarmingly long time, and one thing that I can say with absolute certainty is that I've never played a "day-one" game that didn't need a lot of ironing out over time. If you're patient enough you'll be part of the evolution of a newborn game into a well polished one that (hopefully) will have engaging gameplay for a long long time. If you're not patient, well, move along.

TheOz
04-23-2013, 06:19 AM
. . . the game's still in its infancy . . .

more like stillborn

Eagle7D8
04-23-2013, 06:54 AM
I've been gaming for an alarmingly long time, and one thing that I can say with absolute certainty is that I've never played a "day-one" game that didn't need a lot of ironing out over time.

I've been gaming for a little over 30 years. This is the first generation of gaming I have experienced where 50% of the games released need patches/updates before you can simply play the game. Even Nintendo's QA has gone to hell this generation. I guess Montgomery "Scotty" Scott was right when he said "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Zombie Assassin
04-23-2013, 07:07 AM
i cant log in either im glad im not the only one

FNL4EVA23
04-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Folks, as has been regularly drummed out in various conversations, the fault isn't specifically TRION's but rather them being handcuffed by Sony's patch policy. Takes considerably longer to go through Sony's testing and approval process, and then I suspect that when the green light is given it's "all hands on deck immediately" to roll the patch out in order to convey to the playing communities that the devs are not dragging their feet after all.
Rock, meet hard place.
Ether suffer the wrath of the playing communities for having patches delayed by Sony, or suffer the wrath of rolling them out as quickly as possible and without lengthy communication to the community but incurring the wrath based on what looks like "surprise outages".

If indeed today's outage was patch-related, then we've been expecting it (and lets be honest, a lot of people have been bloody screaming for it) for days. A little bit of info from TRION regarding the nature of the outage and an expected ETA for return-to-service might have helped, sure. Still, jeez, the game's still in its infancy. Give it a chance. At least you're not paying a Monthly sub to play it.
I've been gaming for an alarmingly long time, and one thing that I can say with absolute certainty is that I've never played a "day-one" game that didn't need a lot of ironing out over time. If you're patient enough you'll be part of the evolution of a newborn game into a well polished one that (hopefully) will have engaging gameplay for a long long time. If you're not patient, well, move along.

Why blame sony you have no clue what is going on. meh...

FNL4EVA23
04-23-2013, 02:55 PM
I've been gaming for a little over 30 years. This is the first generation of gaming I have experienced where 50% of the games released need patches/updates before you can simply play the game. Even Nintendo's QA has gone to hell this generation. I guess Montgomery "Scotty" Scott was right when he said "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."
Same people these days make me wonder when they will start growing some you know. They let companies get away with so much... Soon most people will turn into drooling drones some already are. I love paying for pre alpha builds/betas.