PDA

View Full Version : Will we get to keep our characters?

bonzaiXpanda
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
I haven't really heard anything about this, but i was wondering if we will get to keep the characters we make in beta when the full game comes out? If we do get to keep them, will they keep their level and inventory, or will they be reset upon release?

Buruko
03-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Beta = Wipe, BLANKO DATA-O

Yonpachi
03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
It will be wiped I'm sure,

Unless it's open beta

bonzaiXpanda
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
damn, thanks though

Komakala
03-19-2013, 10:23 PM
All characters from beta and alpha will be wiped to give everyone an equal start on launch day.

Defy
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
yeah this has been discussed many times, chars will be wiped

though make sure to enter all the arkfall codes so that your char does start out with some advantages

Desidus
03-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't really care about the wipe.. but being able to lock the nickname would be nice...

boosted gear
03-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Beta = Wipe, BLANKO DATA-O

Mega-unlucky-O

Phalanx
03-20-2013, 01:56 AM
It's gonna be kind of a bummer after all that hard work i'm going to put into my character, but it's inevitable. No head start for me :(

loken
03-20-2013, 02:12 AM
the wiping of characters is why i wont bother with the beta, i certainly understand why the do it, but all that time wasted seems pointless

suicd3grunt
03-20-2013, 02:57 AM
This is why my main course for the Beta is to explore the landscape and features of the game.

Defy
03-20-2013, 03:00 AM
This is why my main course for the Beta is to explore the landscape and features of the game.

thats a good plan

P0tshot
03-20-2013, 03:06 AM
Yeah I was gonig to swerve the beta because I hate replaying sections but I think I'm going to play it with the exact opposite character of what I'm thinking for in the proper release, see if I like it.

Khel
03-20-2013, 03:56 AM
the wiping of characters is why i wont bother with the beta, i certainly understand why the do it, but all that time wasted seems pointless

Pointless for you only. The Devs only need someone to test the systems and Server load, its a Beta.. its not "Free Playtime / Headstart".

Just see it as testing out stuff, to make an educated opinion what to play when it goes life.

Defy
03-20-2013, 04:01 AM
maybe if your character uses cloak the exact moment they do the wipe then they wont find him and he will survive

loken
03-20-2013, 04:02 AM
Pointles for you only. The Devs only need someone to test the systems and Server load, its a Beta.. its not "Free Playtime / Headstart".

I never stated it was Free play time, I'm well aware of the reason for a beta

Khel
03-20-2013, 04:16 AM
I never stated it was Free play time, I'm well aware of the reason for a beta

You said its pointless, cause you cant keep your "progress".

Cyrox
03-20-2013, 04:18 AM

Not so much wasted time since you are there to help them make a better game and iron out bugs and glitches so when you start officially you will have better experience with it.

loken
03-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Not so much wasted time since you are there to help them make a better game and iron out bugs and glitches so when you start officially you will have better experience with it.

A few days before Launch isn't going to improve my Launch day experience by much, if any. Their also going to be "improving" the game well after launch with patches and more patches though out the life of the game.

I simply mean that's its pointless for me to spend my time building a character, completing quests only to have to start over in a few days, when the real beta was on pc. but if you feel differently then go ahead and enjoy it

Dead_Phoenix
03-20-2013, 06:51 AM
A few days before Launch isn't going to improve my Launch day experience by much, if any. Their also going to be "improving" the game well after launch with patches and more patches though out the life of the game.

I simple mean that's its pointless for me to spend my time building a character, completing quests only to have to start over in a few days, when the real beta was on pc. but if you feel differently then go ahead and enjoy it

which is fair enough tbh. i can understand what he means. loken just doesnt want to have to go over old ground.