PDA

View Full Version : No ingame chatbox??

Aliena
04-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Where is the chatbox?? Seriously, an mmo without ingame chat? I do see a tiny one line area in the bottom right of screen but, is that it?

All the years I have played mmo's this is the first one I have seen without a working ingame chatbox!

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Where is the chatbox?? Seriously, an mmo without ingame chat? I do see a tiny one line area in the bottom right of screen but, is that it?

All the years I have played mmo's this is the first one I have seen without a working ingame chatbox!

Before the fanbois all jump on you with their:

"But the game now lets your one line of chat persist while sprinting" argument. Yes you are correct "Chat" options in this game are severely lacking. It's one of the major problems I have with trying to call this a Social MMO.

Xiv
04-23-2013, 07:33 AM
i do hope they fix this... its annoying at least

Technodude
04-23-2013, 07:38 AM

There is a chat box. before patch it stayed visible for 3 seconds now it stays up for 10 seconds. So it has been fixed. :)

Tayce
04-23-2013, 07:41 AM
There is a (bad) chat system, but it needs lots of work. The chat is definitely the main problem I have with the game.
/help gives you all commands.

khanstruct
04-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Yes, the chat needs work. However, press Z, then select Full Chat Window for those long conversations.