PDA

View Full Version : Weapon damage is client side... So is vehicle speed, etc. Way to go Trion, way to go.

Pages : 1 [2]

Lisa
04-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Really Trion? Not even a single post? How hard is it to tell your customers some of the things you do to combat this!

Schwa
04-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Really Trion? Not even a single post? How hard is it to tell your customers some of the things you do to combat this!

They made a post on reddit, but it was the typical boilerplate

"we care very much about security and are working very hard to resolve this issue."

A month after launch. Very much a "thank you for your valuable contribution" post.

Booshy
04-25-2013, 07:13 PM
They made a post on reddit, but it was the typical boilerplate

"we care very much about security and are working very hard to resolve this issue."

A month after launch. Very much a "thank you for your valuable contribution" post.

And that's one of the issues, they don't post anything here but they do on Reddit? And last I recall they had literally 0 to say about the rollbacks and 7 hour downtime of last weekend.

Schwa
04-25-2013, 07:14 PM
And that's one of the issues, they don't post anything here but they do on Reddit? And last I recall they had literally 0 to say about the rollbacks and 7 hour downtime of last weekend.

"The downtime has been extended to 9 hours. Thank you for your patience."

"Please pay no attention to the fact that we are dealing with a character data corruption issue three weeks after launch, even though it should have been resolved in alpha."

Booshy
04-25-2013, 08:05 PM
lol yeah, that was the extent of the communication - downtime has been extended.

Thunderclap
04-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Hackers and cheaters are nothing more but COWARDS and no skill LOSERS who could not win in a fair PVP match if they tried. I will be happy to tell anyone of these COWARDS to there face what I think of them. They are Cyber BULLIES and yes CYBER TERRORIST no better then the Boston bombers!!!!!!!

WTF man? You are seriously comparing people who use a third party tool to inject code into a game they payed for to have fun and generate lulzs with 2 people who willingly murdered 3 people one who was a child because they were pissed that America attacks Muslim countries because american govt believes their citizens should be as free as them. You are comparing hackers to serial killers. trolling or not you are mentally ill and need to be put in an institution. You have no business here.

Lisa
04-26-2013, 09:12 AM
lol yeah, that was the extent of the communication - downtime has been extended.

Trion's communication re Defiance is pitiful. They should do the right thing and make some announcements, as well as reward the people that currently paid money to alpha test their game.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Why should they want to reply to a bunch of people who whine ***** and moan about the game on the official forums. I know I would not want to reply. Why go in front of a of people who wish to throw tomatoes at you. I sure as hell would not. I think the whinnying needs to stop. People need to grow up. Either play the game and enjoy it or do us who truly enjoy the game a favor and move on.

^ haxx0r ^

Isturi
04-26-2013, 09:25 AM
WTF man? You are seriously comparing people who use a third party tool to inject code into a game they payed for to have fun and generate lulzs with 2 people who willingly murdered 3 people one who was a child because they were pissed that America attacks Muslim countries because american govt believes their citizens should be as free as them. You are comparing hackers to serial killers. trolling or not you are mentally ill and need to be put in an institution. You have no business here.
First lets put my quote in to proper contex.

Here is the whole quote from this thread:

No dude you still got it wrong you are editing my words to your trolling. Here is the correct version:

The Govanator
so people should be terrorized and just give them their way, or else they'll try to pull a social engineering attempt to get us to fork over our passes on a fake login sit eor something? most of them are script kiddies and social engineers, they're not gonna hack peoples' accounts. and if someone ever did , and they slipped up and I could find them, who would be giving the ultimatums then? this real world you spoke of finally hit them right smack in the face about 100 times. you don't give in to scrawny, or lardazz, or under achieving little snots over the internet just because they threaten you, directly or indirectly. You're post indicates you are one of those people, btw, you're not fooling anyone. the kind of loser you must be to cheat in a video game, and thinking of it like your some hardcore tryhard, no one would be afraid of you people. no one should be. you hack in a game because you are not able to cheat enough in real life to be one of those examples that you refered to, so you get your godly feelings here. hacking and social engineering works both ways sometimes when you make enemies with that type of bs.

Isturi
Hackers and cheaters are nothing more but COWARDS and no skill LOSERS who could not win in a fair PVP match if they tried. I will be happy to tell anyone of these COWARDS to there face what I think of them. They are Cyber BULLIES and yes CYBER TERRORIST no better then the Boston bombers!!!!!!!

My comparison is that cyber terrorist are more then just video game hackers far more these people attack the U.S. gov every day trying very hard to hack into the White House. etc They try every day to bring the internet down. so yes these people who do this are not better the Boston bombers and we can safely say they are the ones mentally ill not me.
Now the ones who are the cyber BULLIES are the ones who hack this game. As I said before I am dead set against hackers of any kind.

So I say to you people and Technodude or whomever he calls himself, If you want to misquote me fine but Better be sure I will come back every time and correct your misquotes.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:25 AM
No one can be that stupid to compare cheaters to boston bombers. So obviously you are a very good troll. If not i feel sorry for you...but i guess you are just that good of a troll.

boston bombers are worse than hackers... they got episode 4 of hannibal as butchered as that census worker.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't know SyFy kept Stargate SG1 on the air like 5 seasons after it was cancelled on Showtime. Also a lot of the SyFy originals are actually quite good, are they a AAA blockbuster heck no, but they are better then most Made For TV Movies, not showing on a pay channel. Also Eureka, Warehouse 13 have both had over 4 seasons as had Stargate Atlantis.

If Defiance is canceled it will be because no one is watching it.

someone needs to tell sheldon alphas got cancelled

Isturi
04-26-2013, 09:31 AM
^ haxx0r ^

???? what does that even mean?

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:31 AM
They are ruining PVE as well. They are one shotting mini bosses and bosses in the world. Practically everything.
On top of that they are ruining Arkfall events by one shotting Crystals and one shotting the endboss in the Major Arkfall event.

lol I've actually never seen that pve one shot stuff, I've encountered about 6 or 7 people with shield hack. ONE person one shot me a few times in pvp (not head shot crit sniper either) it was a shotgun form halfway across the waterfront map lol. never seen it in pve that i know of though, that I've been aware of anyway

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Holy crap that's a lot of hack options.

I still don't see unlimited ammo or vehicle speed boost, or the ability to change your player model. I have seen those on YouTube videos though.

that's actually a small amount.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM
was curious yesterday so googled the hacks and that list is nothing compared to the hacks people are doing

FLY

there is a freaking Flying hack

OY

lol I saw that onc eon waterfront, reminded me of the cloud walkers way back in the first socom game. I actually yelled cloud walking now no ******* way

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:49 AM
All great points. But as for hackers, they can fix the weapon bug mabe. Putting dmg server side might slow down the game to a point that we cant aim properly. If you look at other mmos with server side dmg, your looking at a lock-on, use a skill key, wait for cooldown type of game, because you need the server response before the next attack. And hey, I watched a hacker video that took place about 3 months ago in WOW. If blizzard with the most sucessfull mmo cant stop hackers. What chance does this game have?

the capital cities decimation made me laugh so hard i almost puked , I wondered how many machines all those skeletons and respawning players crashed

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:51 AM
infinite bits anyone?

lol infinite bans

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:53 AM
What hackers are to stupid to realize because they are to busy gloating is that Hacking in itself is illegal and Trion can take legal actions against such hackers if they choose to. For example just for starers they can report each hacker to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
If they chose to do so. After all these people breached Trions Defiance program and that is a serious offense. They little kiddies or cowards or cyber terrorist don't think that law applies to them well guess what it does.

You're absolutely right about that. All Trion needs to do is go to that site and report the hackers as Anonymous.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:54 AM
To bad the companies doing this aren't US based. Making any civil lawsuits useless. Good luck trying to track down script kiddies in Brazil or the UK so you can sue them for money they have already laundered through bitcoin.

but it's okay to have a kid form those countries extradited for making the FBI site say 'Female Body Inspector' ?

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM

if it's only a few people, than they're probably not serial killers what they did is more of a spree killing. that's what agent mulder said.

Tgreen
04-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Octopost inc!

Sorry ... I just couldn't resist.

DefiantFew
04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Trion's communication re Defiance is pitiful. They should do the right thing and make some announcements, as well as reward the people that currently paid money to alpha test their game.

Exactly. It would sure be nice if they do something along these lines, although that is highly doubtful.

The Govanator
04-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Octopost inc!

Sorry ... I just couldn't resist.

You are no match for the octoposter, spiiiider-maaan ... this thread is mine

IGN
04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Good to see that Trion is handing out suspensions. Now some sort of an apology and gift to those of us that suffered through this would be a home run!

DefiantFew
04-28-2013, 02:20 AM
Good to see that Trion is handing out suspensions. Now some sort of an apology and gift to those of us that suffered through this would be a home run!

Exactly. I would settle for just an apology for making me pay $60 to beta test an unfinished product.

Schwa
04-28-2013, 02:21 AM

No, a home run would be for them to follow through over a period of time. Words are one thing, but we still need to see the finished game. They haven't launched that game yet.

When this game leaves beta, it's going to rock.

DavidMogren
05-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I come to you from the far away realm of Neverwinter Online (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?174991-All-right!-Now-that-all-the-QQ-has-stopped-thank-you-for-the-smooth-launch-Cryptic!) and have a few questions.

I don't want to play a game where hackers rule the day like in CoD, and I certainly don't want to play a game where developers ignore their player base.

Looking at this thread it seems that Defiance had a lot of issues, but I saw an episode of the show and loved it. If I join, will I be destroyed by hackers? Has the game improved since this post came to light?

Thanks.

Reeco Suave
05-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I come to you from the far away realm of Neverwinter Online (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?174991-All-right!-Now-that-all-the-QQ-has-stopped-thank-you-for-the-smooth-launch-Cryptic!) and have a few questions.

I don't want to play a game where hackers rule the day like in CoD, and I certainly don't want to play a game where developers ignore their player base.

Looking at this thread it seems that Defiance had a lot of issues, but I saw an episode of the show and loved it. If I join, will I be destroyed by hackers? Has the game improved since this post came to light?

Thanks.

The popular thing at the moment is tweak the client damage just enough for a shotgun to one shot you if you have an optimal defensive ego setup. while running an optimal backstab spec themselves at the same time. You can one shot somebody without the tweaks if the person is stupid enough to go with pure offensive ego setups but it adds a little something something if the damage is tweaked at the same time for those pesky defensive setups.

Some have tweaked it a bit more to make the more rapid firing shottys do a great deal more damage than they should, but a lot are trying to keep below Trions radar without going too crazy with the damage.

So yes you will get destroyed by hackers right now

ghostercon
05-01-2013, 11:56 PM
PVP is a joke anyway so don't try to put to much hope in it.
Besides the " 2 maps " content, besides the... so skilled " bunny hopping " mechanics, besides emoraging cheaters, besides..
Everything is fine.

I would like to meet the one who designed the pvp in this game. I bet his colleagues call him genius :)

DavidMogren
05-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow jeez thanks you two. Going to stay away, far away.

Neverwinter Online is pretty damn fun ATM, but after watching Defiance on SyFy, I really wanted to give this game a try. Guess I will just stick to Neverwinter for now.

Well, thanks again, and good luck! Hopefully Trion does right by you all.

Arsenic_Touch
05-02-2013, 03:37 PM
you could just play on console where we don't ahve these issues

Hahaha, that's precious. The consoles have the same problems. It's just not as advertised and wide spread.

Cephious
05-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Wow jeez thanks you two. Going to stay away, far away.

Neverwinter Online is pretty damn fun ATM, but after watching Defiance on SyFy, I really wanted to give this game a try. Guess I will just stick to Neverwinter for now.

Well, thanks again, and good luck! Hopefully Trion does right by you all.
Take everything with a grain of salt and never trust strangers! There are plenty of forum posts with topics like "The Fan-Boys vs. the Nay-sayers". Read through those objectively. Yes the game has quite a few issues they are still ironing out. I can't remember a multiplayer game that launched trouble free. To me, they have been pretty responsive and accurate about any server downtimes. Defiance will continue to evolve, grow and get better. If you like the show, I'd find a friend with a copy of the game. Watch them play, or better yet grab the controller for yourself. Then and only then, would I suggest you reaching a decision. I love this game, even with its current issues.

BitmapJPEG
05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I hope Trion realize this & put this into consideration before nerfing any weapons from now on before said weapons become useless in PvE.

I have played a game before waaay back that have a special restrictions in weapons that apply ONLY in PvP so that it becomes balanced for players but returns back to its original effectiveness when running on Co-op/PvE.
This could be a good idea for Trion to use. Why not apply only the said nerf only when you go in to PvP so that when players go back to PvE the weapon would still be effective.