PDA

View Full Version : So Second Episode and ?

RavnStrike
04-23-2013, 07:27 AM
well the second episode was last night .... so were is the continued content for the game ???

duction
04-23-2013, 07:29 AM
They gave you episode 1 and 2 last week.. Read the titles.... One and two lol

Pain
04-23-2013, 07:30 AM
New content comes April 29.

Kristensen
04-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Should the pilot not be episode 1 and 2 in one ?

swaggers
04-23-2013, 07:32 AM

Exactly

[10 char]

alienoid
04-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Not to mention, they strongely insisted to not spoil us. Giving an episode mission ahead of the show episode wouldn't make sense. So, where is our episode 3 Trion ? ;)

Martin84
04-23-2013, 07:46 AM
remember that the UK doesnt see the 3rd ep until tonight, i cant remember when they switched on Pursuits for EP1 and 2 (was it after the show aired in the UK?)

Maybe its just that, or maybe there wasnt much in the way of a tie in, or they figure that 1 week isnt much time to do all the pursuits in EP1 and 2 for us casual players - havent checked if they are still available to me to be honest.

Darkfyre
04-23-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm still fuzzy with how the events of what we have in game so far fit in with the timeline of the pilot of the tv series. We see nolan and irisa a couple times and they have that strange cylindrical power crystal thingy that nolan gives to you but irisa steals back before they leave. but that is pretty far into the game and in the pilot they have the crystal thingy at first which they use to unlock the terra sphere but then it gets stolen by bandits.

someone please just tell me:

events of game before pilot
-or-
pilot before events of game

????????????????????

Voyavoda
04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Are you paying a monthly fee for this game?...NO! so how bout ya'll just sit tight and ****. Trion is obviously trying to iron out the game before they introduce too much content. The amount of content we already have is well worth the $60's we've payed for retail.

I swear with each game that progressively comes out... the player base becomes increasingly needy/greedy/impatient...and down right obnoxious.

alienoid
04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm still fuzzy with how the events of what we have in game so far fit in with the timeline of the pilot of the tv series. We see nolan and irisa a couple times and they have that strange cylindrical power crystal thingy that nolan gives to you but irisa steals back before they leave. but that is pretty far into the game and in the pilot they have the crystal thingy at first which they use to unlock the terra sphere but then it gets stolen by bandits.

someone please just tell me:

events of game before pilot
-or-
pilot before events of game

????????????????????

That's not pretty far in the game, that's in the begining actually. Episode missions unlock after the Accord hospital mission, which is like the 2nd Grant gives you, right after Sniper Ridge, if memory serves.
They stole the crystal from us before the pilot.

Thunderclap
04-23-2013, 08:05 AM
well the second episode was last night .... so were is the continued content for the game ???
Its was already given didn't you hear? Irisa said 'Promises are shtako.' That is your in game content.

alienoid
04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Are you paying a monthly fee for this game?...NO! so how bout ya'll just sit tight and ****. Trion is obviously trying to iron out the game before they introduce too much content. The amount of content we already have is well worth the $60's we've payed for retail.

I swear with each game that progressively comes out... the player base becomes increasingly needy/greedy/impatient...and down right obnoxious.

Relax dude, we're just chating here. This is not a haters thread, there are plenty out there you can beat on ;)

Thunderclap
04-23-2013, 08:08 AM
remember that the UK doesnt see the 3rd ep until tonight, i cant remember when they switched on Pursuits for EP1 and 2 (was it after the show aired in the UK?)

Maybe its just that, or maybe there wasn't much in the way of a tie in, or they figure that 1 week isn't much time to do all the pursuits in EP1 for us casual players - haven't checked if they are still available to me to be honest.

Regardless how it was broken for you, the pilot is considered ONE episode. The second episode was last night. The third won't be until next week. Doing research is always a good thing to do before you ask a question. 'Kay?

RavnStrike
04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
wandering around finding data recorder's and lighting lanterns OOOOO smashing content ...when are we gonna see like more involvement of the show paired into the game besides things no one really cares about

SasquatcHunter
04-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Here is the way I understand it to be. Trion is only allowed to patch once every two weeks on consoles from what I've seen. So they did episode 1 and 2 to last for 2 weeks. This way everyone has plenty of time to get them done as well. Then they will do episode 3 and 4 at the same time. Also why they shoot for a big patch every two weeks.

RavnStrike
04-23-2013, 08:25 AM
well i can understand all that .. but i am hopin content isnt data recorders cause frankly that isnt content

CapN CooK 420
04-23-2013, 08:33 AM

Yes but trions workers obviouslky never even passed math class. Theyt don't know the differance between one and two...

SasquatcHunter
04-23-2013, 08:34 AM
They can't release new areas every week. They have 5 major updates planned for the year though, that is more then most mmo's. Those should provide new zones, instances etc.

Darkfyre
04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
That's not pretty far in the game, that's in the begining actually. Episode missions unlock after the Accord hospital mission, which is like the 2nd Grant gives you, right after Sniper Ridge, if memory serves.
They stole the crystal from us before the pilot.

wow .. so somewhere between the time they stole the crystal in the last episode mission we see them in in game so far and the pilot - they traveled over 2000 miles from CA to MO ?? that's a pretty big story gap

Jestunhi
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Regardless how it was broken for you, the pilot is considered ONE episode. The second episode was last night. The third won't be until next week. Doing research is always a good thing to do before you ask a question. 'Kay?

Not according to Wikipedia (which I accept is far from the perfect source to refer to): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)
Or IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2189221/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

But it is according to SyFy (and the Defiance site, which is also a SyFy site).

Most of the time long pilot episodes are split like that, which is why sites with info on lots of shows tend to split it like that, like IMDB does.

Kommissar Kaede
04-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Not according to Wikipedia (which I accept is far from the perfect source to refer to): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiance_(TV_series)
Or IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2189221/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

But it is according to SyFy (and the Defiance site, which is also a SyFy site).

Most of the time long pilot episodes are split like that, which is why sites with info on lots of shows tend to split it like that, like IMDB does.

And clearly SyFy is most qualified to talk about their own creation.

4ndreas
04-23-2013, 09:38 AM
IMDB splits it to adhere to existing IMDB methods (i.e. numbering may not always show the same thing as what they are but is consistent throughout any series).

For all intents and purposes in regards to show and game 2 episodes have aired so far.

CeissaDesiste
04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
The 3 quest chain we did the first week the game came out was for episode 1, that is why Trion gave us til the 15th to complete it. Pursuits are a totally separate entity and those came out after the episode aired. The Armitage Festival also tied into the first episode and the pursuits they added called episode 2. In actuality we should be getting episode 2 missions now or missions leading into episode 3. But with all that Trion has on their plate I'm sure they are a bit behind.

Also, why would Trion only be able to patch once every 2 weeks? DCUO patches whenever they need to patch, especially if they are having issues with game. There shouldn't be a special rule for third parties and a special set of rules for SOE that is just insane!

SasquatcHunter
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Each patch to consoles has to pass testing and certification with Sony/Microsoft. Normally this costs roughly $40,000/patch. For mmo's they have to update regularly so they have to work out deals seperately because they aren't going to pay that and do a bunch of little patches all the time. Sony can do whatever they want on their own system.

4ndreas
04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Also, why would Trion only be able to patch once every 2 weeks? There shouldn't be a special rule for third parties and a special set of rules for SOE that is just insane!

Welcome to the world of walled gardens where the gardener has absolute power.

The Govanator
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM

Maybe its just that, or maybe there wasnt much in the way of a tie in, or they figure that 1 week isnt much time to do all the pursuits in EP1 and 2 for us casual players - havent checked if they are still available to me to be honest.

the uk could see it last night on bit torrent

Hiero Glyph
04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Each patch to consoles has to pass testing and certification with Sony/Microsoft. Normally this costs roughly $40,000/patch. For mmo's they have to update regularly so they have to work out deals seperately because they aren't going to pay that and do a bunch of little patches all the time. Sony can do whatever they want on their own system.

For the last time, this information is taken out of context; it does not cost $40k to certify a patch on the 360. Feel free to provide your source though as what you stated is not what Tim Schafer said.

SasquatcHunter
04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Out of context? Where does it say that he was giving false info or his words got twisted? There are plenty of articles about the game Fez not receiving a patch because the dev didn't want to pay 40k also. Maybe it isn't exactly 40k, but Microsoft won't release that info so the only thing we have to go on is what has been said by 2 developers and I haven't seen anything to discredit it.