PDA

View Full Version : A New Bookshelf

apocalikik
04-23-2013, 08:09 AM
I purchased a new bookshelf from this little furniture store called try-on furniture, It was about $60 and it was a really nice looking bookshelf. I got it home and noticed a few scratches and dings on it so I contacted the store, after taking forever to get back to me they assured me that all of their bookshelves were like that so I just tried to ignore the blemishes because after all it was a really good bookshelf. After a few days the blemishes got worse so I called them again and once again after taking an eternity to get back to me they said they would send it out to get repaired. They came and took the bookshelf away for several hours and brought it back, some of the scratches were gone but many remained and several new ones appeared. I told them about this but they ignored my complaints. One day I woke up and my new bookshelf was just gone, I called them several times to ask if they've taken it to get repaired again but no answer. Eventually they brought it back and when I went to put a book on it, the shelves collapsed, so it was completely unusable. Every now and then they just come unannounced and take my bookshelf away then drop it back off at an unspecified time in a random condition, sometimes better, sometimes worse...but hey, I guess I can't complain, I mean it was only $60....

Mandralan
04-23-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm pretty sure that the complexity of a bookshelf is nowhere that of a game; let alone, a game that is across 3 platforms and is tied to a tv series...

ZEBUCITY
04-23-2013, 08:38 AM
I bought the same bookshelf and have the same problems you have. One thing you didn't mention was the disappearance of some books that I put on the bookshelf. As a collector I find it odd that these books just...vanish. I go find replacements but they end up disappearing as well.

That being said, when my bookshelf is refinished and my books stop disappearing, it will be an awesome bookshelf indeed.

-zeb

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that the complexity of a bookshelf is nowhere that of a game; let alone, a game that is across 3 platforms and is tied to a tv series...

You can't say that!! You have no idea how complex his bookshelf is. Have you ever built a bookshelf or are you just assuming it wouldn't be as hard as building a game, because we are all sure you have built games before. I mean you have built a game before right?

Mandralan
04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
You can't say that!! You have no idea how complex his bookshelf is. Have you ever built a bookshelf or are you just assuming it wouldn't be as hard as building a game, because we are all sure you have built games before. I mean you have built a game before right?

Actually, I have built a bookself before. Lost it in the furniture split up in my divorce back in 2005.

Never built a game though. I usually stop myself at databases.

Tyrannos
04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!