PDA

View Full Version : I am not part of your post! Stop saying WE!

Trick83
04-23-2013, 08:40 AM
To all of you *****ing and complaining.

I would appreciate if you would stop using we and us, or speaking as if you are the playerbase as a whole.

"We" are all not having gamebreaking issues. "We" are all not unsatisfied with the game. "We" are not you. Post as an I and other people can post with you as an I.

Look at many major game releases: PC, XBox, PS3... THERE IS NO WE!

Thank you from one of the us,

Aka. Me

Escalith
04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
We can't agree to that. :3

JagerMyk
04-23-2013, 08:49 AM
we applause you Me, from us that is I >3:) but anywho, good post

Wee_murray05
04-23-2013, 08:50 AM
It's like you have read my mind and written exactly what I was thinking, almost as if we were somehow linked...
We are damn offended by this. We will not stand for it.

All kidding aside though I couldn't agree more. Every complaint thread I read throws around this we instantly trying to include anyone who doesn't actually speak up and disagree with them. I also see that people have a habit of saying things like "x problem is affecting thousands of players" without bothering to back up their claims.

Gets on our nerves so it does.

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM
we applause you Me, from us that is I >3:) but anywho, good post

We think your post is old and pointless. We hate people that complain about complainers. Oh wait did we just complain about complainers complaining about complainers complaining? Oh nevermind we are lost.

jasper murtagh
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
WE are not amused. Since I am king of the internet, off with your avatar's head.

Escalith
04-23-2013, 08:54 AM
WE are not amused. Since I am king of the internet, off with your avatar's head.

... I take that personally. :<

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM

OMG you sir get a +1

Wraieth
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM

I would appreciate if you would stop using we and us, or speaking as if you are the playerbase as a whole.

"We" are all not having gamebreaking issues. "We" are all not unsatisfied with the game. "We" are not you. Post as an I and other people can post with you as an I.

Aka. Me

But We needs it precious. And those filthy bagginses stoles it.

LOL nah i agree with you when i post i try to make sure i point out for good or bad that is completly my oppion.

Multigun
04-23-2013, 09:00 AM

Bwahahaha. +1

Arcuatio
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
We are borg, resistance is futile.

Ichidakiller
04-23-2013, 09:20 AM
We-Used by the speaker or writer to indicate the speaker or writer along with another or others as the subject.

We-Used by the speaker or writer to indicate a group that the speaker or writer is apart of.

Just because you are not part of said group does not mean we doesn't apply. If this was apart someone using all of us or all the fan, key word there being all. Then you could try to exclude yourself.

Just because someone used we doesn't mean your included in said group. Relax a little.

We doesn't include you.

Orbytel
04-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Haha, I agree with the OP. The only people who post on behalf of me are me, myself and I. Not we.

Wee_murray05
04-23-2013, 09:43 AM
We-Used by the speaker or writer to indicate the speaker or writer along with another or others as the subject.

We-Used by the speaker or writer to indicate a group that the speaker or writer is apart of.

Just because you are not part of said group does not mean we doesn't apply. If this was apart someone using all of us or all the fan, key word there being all. Then you could try to exclude yourself.

Just because someone used we doesn't mean your included in said group. Relax a little.

We doesn't include you.

The problem though is the the speaker/writer is often using "We" in relation to a bug/glitch that they and only they have experienced. If this bug/glitch [B]has[B] been experienced by anyone else then speaker/writer uses this "We" to try and include these other people in their complaint without their consent.

And therein lies the rub.

PseudoCool
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM

Aka. Me

That's because it's speeled Wii.. not WE :)

Imagine Defiance on that beast.. omg.. we'd be driving on our balancing boards from Wii Fit.. we'd be shooting with our little nunchuck controller things..

it was be AWESOME!!

*yawn*

*wakes up and realises he doesn't own a console...*

Archangel
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
*cough*

WE Salute you!

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 11:16 AM
The problem though is the the speaker/writer is often using "We" in relation to a bug/glitch that they and only they have experienced. If this bug/glitch [B]has[B] been experienced by anyone else then speaker/writer uses this "We" to try and include these other people in their complaint without their consent.

And therein lies the rub.

LOL that is without a doubt the worst rationalization yet. Thanks man I needed the laugh today!

Taaltos
04-23-2013, 11:18 AM
We do not approve of this post.

Chuffy
04-23-2013, 11:26 AM

We doesn't include you.

Most of the time 'we' is needlessly used by people too insecure to express their opinion in the singular, under the mistaken belief it adds weight to their argument.

CidxLucy
04-23-2013, 11:27 AM

Aka. Me

I agree.........

Shada Mori
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I like when people say 'we' .. then when I don't agree with them I can feel all rebellious and unique. Yay! I'm not one of the imaginary masses!

ForkInSocket
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM

We doesn't include you.

Good post. Too bad the finer points of grammar (and logic) are lost on the internet crowd.

Grimwyrd
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
The worst thing about complaint threads... is when they are complaining about complainers.

Shada Mori
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
The worst thing about complaint threads... is when they are complaining about complainers.

No the worst is the people making posts complaining about the people complaining about the complainers.

Taaltos
04-23-2013, 11:58 AM
No the worst is the people making posts complaining about the people complaining about the complainers.

Complainception!

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 12:01 PM

Aka. Me

As the numbers of players continue to dwindle you'll lose that "we" claim.

Things aren't improving and most people notice it. Don't get mad.

Warkaiser
04-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Complainception!

**Looks at avatar** OMG its a hulker! Take your helmet off so I can shoot you in the brain!

Fivluih
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM
But there's no I in We...... Wait, damn you Nintendo!!!!

Taaltos
04-23-2013, 12:10 PM
**Looks at avatar** OMG its a hulker! Take your helmet off so I can shoot you in the brain!

Stay away from my BRAAAIN!

Oceanhawk
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM

You are assuming he still has a brain. You know what they say about assuming!!!

p.s. just a joke, have to add disclaimers these days so internet bullies don't get all up in your grill.

Hell2pay4453
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Or i assume that Venom is talking when someone is crying...

Elandriel
04-23-2013, 12:42 PM

Aka. Me

And where do you get the idea that anyone actually included you in their "we"? After all, "we" is used every time when there is (are) more than 1 person, right?

Wee_murray05
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
LOL that is without a doubt the worst rationalization yet. Thanks man I needed the laugh today!
Well if you are happy to have someone speaking for you without your permission then I suppose thats up to you. Although considering how often I see you posting on the forums I would have assumed that wasn't the case. I'll be sure to remember that any time someone uses "we" when they are voicing a complaint that I should assume that you agree with them.

Anim
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
I havent met many that dont agree with what I say to be honest, maybe in slightly different wording but the sentiment is there!

In all seriousness though, people are going to use 'we' to represent at least them and their friend that had the same thought, it's not meant for you personally so dont get too hung up about it :)

Trick83
04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
That's because it's speeled Wii.. not WE :)

Imagine Defiance on that beast.. omg.. we'd be driving on our balancing boards from Wii Fit.. we'd be shooting with our little nunchuck controller things..

it was be AWESOME!!

*yawn*

*wakes up and realises he doesn't own a console...*

Glad someone caught the joke, this was never meant to be taken seriously. It would be a bit "interesting" on the Wii, well, that is until I fell off the stupid board and knocked over the TV. At that point, I'd have to fire up the PC so I could *headdesk*.

Fun Gus
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
we speak in the royal we ...commoners like you are not included as such we recomend no further complaints of how we speak of ourself

Schwa
04-23-2013, 07:22 PM
"We" are all not having gamebreaking issues.

Character data loss impacts us all, whether or not we enjoy the game or if we have personally lost anything. Or whether we are upset about it.

The PC data corruption issue that necessitated a 9 hour downtime and short rollback is a fantastic example of what we have been experiencing and is indisputably a gamebreaking issue.

"It's an MMO" is not an excuse for player data corruption. That is the core of MMO. That **** needs to be solid before you even leave alpha, let alone go from beta to release.

Grimwyrd
04-23-2013, 07:51 PM

Yeah, but at least I didn't make a thread to complain about threads that complain about complainers... just a post. :p