PDA

View Full Version : Okay

Mladenov
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
I watch this video like 2 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw
And i cant find the changing weather.
Day/Night cycle is ok and i see the FOG but where is the RAIN in the picture?
And how the hell we can change things around?

Darkfyre
04-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Consoles. That is why the graphics and options are limited.

Pyth
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Consoles. That is why the graphics and options are limited.
We console peasants just ruin everything for the Master Race.

Darkfyre
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
shoo dirty peasant

Hope499
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
wow....that honestly looks like a different game almost lol.

Thats soooooo not what the game is like lol.

But ya it looks awesome if thats what the PC one is like...me want

Mladenov
04-23-2013, 09:16 AM
This thread is not meant to be agressive.
So stop "shoo" and "moo" each other!
I just want to see the stuff devs says in the video :(

AlbionsBlade
04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
wow....that honestly looks like a different game almost lol.

Thats soooooo not what the game is like lol.

But ya it looks awesome if thats what the PC one is like...me wantNah the PC one has been nerfed down to look like the consoles.

Hope499
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Nah the PC one has been nerfed down to look like the consoles.

Ummmm WHY???

That looks SOOO much better....seemd like even the gameplay was better too, I dunno lol, mounted car guns in the regular game I saw!

If I was PC...I would HATE consoles for dragging me down lol,

Shootersa
04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Ummmm WHY???

That looks SOOO much better....seemd like even the gameplay was better too, I dunno lol, mounted car guns in the regular game I saw!

ah it seems you understand.

Insanityplea
04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Ummmm WHY???

Hint - We PC players DO hate you consoles for dragging us down.

But at the same time being dragged down allows for 'aged' computers to play the game just as well. As it stands I have not hit a single instance of client-sided hardware lag and I want to stab you console people because I want to see the rain, the auroras and good graphics...but at the same time its not really YOUR guys fault. Its Trions.

I say its Trions fault because it IS. They gave PC gamers the ****ty console ui and chat (my largest issue is with chat, i dont mind the ui overly much), pc gamers also like their push to talk keys as console gamers who are used to live mic games figured it out rather quickly to play during quiet times or in rooms with the least amount of noise. Some PC gamers dont have much choice as to where they place their computer because they might have to monitor young children (in case of fork+electrical socket and such) and arnt used to having to turn off their microphone so the rest of us get to listen to barking dogs, mouth breathers and pissed off wives (actually heard one yell she was signing the divorce papers, which is when i turned off my own voice chat).

It is not just the graphics that Trion ****ed PC gamers on because of their overly ambitious three platform cross scheming. Granted I think it can work, but they didnt have the time to get it correct and now they are paying for it with all the flak they are getting from PC gamers / reviewers.

Pain
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM
LOL@ the PC elitists.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
You know that does pose a good question. Also did you see the outfits in the video JUST before the talk about weather in the game? Those aren't in the game yet either that i have seen. They could be holding it back for something later, or damn well could be a bug that the weather system isn't working. Just a theory. :]

Pyth
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
This just seems... fitting.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/186fmthlhvpuhjpg/original.jpg

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Okay_guy.jpg

My face when I saw the graphical options for this game and then click custom only to see non existent settings. This thread nailed my reaction regarding graphical shenanigans that occurred with this game's marketing v. reality. Sweetfx help a lot but still......

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
I can live with the graphics. The console UI is maddening though...

OldGuyWithStick
04-23-2013, 12:22 PM
With the way the PC "master race" acts, I don't feel the slightest remorse for dragging their games down. That said, it isn't necessarily our fault Trion used the console UI or dumbed the graphics down for PC. Battlefield and Crysis 3, for example, look considerably better on PC and still manage to look and play great on consoles. I understand Defiance is an MMO and all that with hundreds of players, but still. And besides, maybe none of that stuff is in it yet so as not to further complicate the launch. I for one didn't get the memo from Trion saying it will never have rain because of consoles (though if there is one, I will admit defeat)

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
With the way the PC "master race" acts, I don't feel the slightest remorse for dragging their games down. That said, it isn't necessarily our fault Trion used the console UI or dumbed the graphics down for PC. Battlefield and Crysis 3, for example, look considerably better on PC and still manage to look and play great on consoles. I understand Defiance is an MMO and all that with hundreds of players, but still. And besides, maybe none of that stuff is in it yet so as not to further complicate the launch. I for one didn't get the memo for Trion saying it will never have rain because of consoles (though if there is one, I will admit defeat)

I didn't play Crysis, but Battlefield doesn't have deep menus or complex UI. Another good example is Elderscrolls Oblivion. Awful console UI for PC :/

Pyth
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I didn't play Crysis, but Battlefield doesn't have deep menus or complex UI. Another good example is Elderscrolls Oblivion. Awful console UI for PC :/
Oblivion had terrible UI on the consoles as well.

OldGuyWithStick
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM

Those were just examples of games that still look great on PC despite having to dumb down the console versions a bit, I am sure there are many more. As for UI, I don't find it terribly complex but that is because it is obviously built for consoles. Trion could have made a better one for PCs but didn't, so its on them. I don't really see why they couldn't allow the PC to have better graphical options that were left out of consoles as it has been done before, and even with next gen will likely continue to be done. Presumably the problem was time, and maybe the graphics and effects will be patched in later, at least for PC. The recent (terrible) aliens game is doing just that, so it is possible.

As for Oblivion, its as Pyth said, apparently the UI just sucked universally

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Those were just examples of games that still look great on PC despite having to dumb down the console versions a bit, I am sure there are many more. As for UI, I don't find it terribly complex but that is because it is obviously built for consoles. Trion could have made a better one for PCs but didn't, so its on them. I don't really see why they couldn't allow the PC to have better graphical options that were left out of consoles as it has been done before, and even with next gen will likely continue to be done. Presumably the problem was time, and maybe the graphics and effects will be patched in later, at least for PC. The recent (terrible) aliens game is doing just that, so it is possible.

As for Oblivion, its as Pyth said, apparently the UI just sucked universally

The Salvage UI just has me decide to vendor instead most of the time :P

OldGuyWithStick
04-23-2013, 12:55 PM
The Salvage UI just has me decide to vendor instead most of the time :P

Yeah, it kinda sucks on console too

Olcsonn
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
You can see it on a good PC, my thing is that horrible focal length transition at 0:40...