PDA

View Full Version : Disable the 'foul' language filter?

Storm McCloud
04-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Is there any way to disable the filter so that I don't see **** whenever someone says a 'bad' word?

Facade
04-23-2013, 10:17 AM
No, and they have no plans to let you disable it.

Kinda funny when the game itself is dropping f-bombs but you yourself are censored.

Edit:
This question was asked in their Q&A sometime last week and that was their answer.

Storm McCloud
04-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Lol wtf, so it is perfectly fine to see someones head pop off and blood spray out as long as no one says a 'bad' word? That is just flat out ratarded.

Eisberg
04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
are you talking about the forums? If so, the answer is no, the filter is always on. Obviously there is no filter option in the game since there is no chat box in the game anyways, just area voice chat.

Storm McCloud
04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
are you talking about the forums? If so, the answer is no, the filter is always on. Obviously there is no filter option in the game since there is no chat box in the game anyways, just area voice chat.

There is most assuredly a chat box in game. Hit 'enter' it brings it up.

Deiphysity
04-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone notice that when you say "salvaging" in game is censors it? Due to the "vagin" part of the word.

Facade
04-23-2013, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if you are serious or are just taking a crack at the small chat box in the game.
On the off chance you are serious, there is a chat box, it's at the bottom right corner of the screen but doesn't show unless someone is talking.

Jahosphat
04-23-2013, 10:23 AM
They should implement if you say a bad word it converts it to the Shows equal... $ht = whatever they always say.

Eric_the_Black
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
I think it's a bit silly to censor profanity from players in a M rated game that has profanity in it. I could see perhaps filtering other types of offensive comments, say racist types of things and such, but dropping the F-bomb happens all the time in the game itself.

SteveMND
04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the weird, non-complimentary and often bizarre world you enter when you have to meet numerous different standards and restrictions from numerous different countries and jurisdictions when trying to get global approval for distribution, ratings, etc. You often end up with outwardly goofy situations like this.

Taaltos
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Here's your answer (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42431-Raptr-Q-amp-A-Here-s-some-questions-and-answers-from-the-Defiance-team.&p=383549&viewfull=1#post383549).

OGkush
04-23-2013, 11:44 AM
I would like the option to chose.

SphaZ
04-23-2013, 11:54 AM
feels very asian to have a game that filters the most ******ed words without the option to turn off the filter :D

Pain
04-23-2013, 11:56 AM
At least be like Guild Wars and have the option to disable censors...

Kinda contradicting to have the game itself full of swearing, but have the players unable to do so.

Eisberg
04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if you are serious or are just taking a crack at the small chat box in the game.
On the off chance you are serious, there is a chat box, it's at the bottom right corner of the screen but doesn't show unless someone is talking.

Holy crap, there is a chat box O.O Yeah, seriously, I had no idea there was a chat box in this game.

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM
If you use interesting grammar to get around the censorship you just get an infraction :(

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Here's your answer (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?42431-Raptr-Q-amp-A-Here-s-some-questions-and-answers-from-the-Defiance-team.&p=383549&viewfull=1#post383549).

Translation: Thank you for purchasing our rated mature game and expecting to be treated like adults. We have no plans on treating you like an adult.

jnt
04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Translation: Thank you for purchasing our rated mature game and expecting to be treated like adults. We have no plans on treating you like an adult.

I loved how BF3 forums would give Origin bans for cursing but the game itself contains non stop cursing.

Stryfe
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Lol wtf, so it is perfectly fine to see someones head pop off and blood spray out as long as no one says a 'bad' word? That is just flat out ratarded.

Haha! I know, right! Was about to say, I'm surprised you were able to type "******ed," then I realize you spelled it "ratarded!"

Mourneblade
04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
What's sad is that nearly every other MMO out there, many of which have ratings of T-Teen, have the "Disable-Filter" option for profanity. To censor players in a Mature rated game is completely asinine and a total double standard considering the subject matter of the game itself.

"Do as we say, not as we do!" - Trion

jnt
04-23-2013, 01:34 PM
What's sad is that nearly every other MMO out there, many of which have ratings of T-Teen, have the "Disable-Filter" option for profanity. To censor players in a Mature rated game is completely asinine and a total double standard considering the subject matter of the game itself.

"Do as we say, not as we do!" - Trion

**** you and your ******* rules.

Oh no, did I hit shift 8 or curse?!

The Govanator
04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the weird, non-complimentary and often bizarre world you enter when you have to meet numerous different standards and restrictions from numerous different countries and jurisdictions when trying to get global approval for distribution, ratings, etc. You often end up with outwardly goofy situations like this.

one global standard would remove a lot of problems, including that one.

jnt
04-23-2013, 01:46 PM
one global standard would remove a lot of problems, including that one.

So no cursing, pandas, skeletons, depictions of actual death, and who knows what else in games? Fancy.

Lollie
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
This sucks. I come from NZ, half our usable known words are expletives. HOW AM I ****ING WELL SUPPOSED TO ****ING COMMUNICATE IF ALL I CAN ****ING SEE IS **** :)

Stryfe
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
You can't even say piss in-game! As in, "I gotta go piss! Pull over!" "**** that! I'm not pulling the challenger over! Piss in this here cup!"

EDIT: Apparently you can say piss on the forum. Must have been over-looked, since they censor the word ******, among others...

Taaltos
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
You can't even say piss in-game! As in, "I gotta go piss! Pull over!" "**** that! I'm not pulling the challenger over! Piss in this here cup!"

The dumbest is the filtering of poop. Poop shoes is an accepted vernacular for when you get the bio blobs on your feet.

Stryfe
04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
The dumbest is the filtering of poop. Poop shoes is an accepted vernacular for when you get the bio blobs on your feet.

Really?! You can't say poop in game? I guess I wouldn't know, because as an "adult," I tend to say ****, which is censored anyhow.

But seriously!? Poop?! What the jek is that?! These mother-jekkers...

Gib
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM

LOL, good point. It is entirely overbearing to have it enabled in the first place given the game's rating and story script. The fact that they don't have the option to disable it is just ridiculous.