PDA

View Full Version : Contribution based rewards?

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
i cant play right now so i have no way to test it.

- Changed missions so that you only get credit when you contribute

So is it now so that people with highest dps (vehicles, saw-s or hacks) at arkfall now get the top rewards and normal players who actually help (like revive, heal, kill targets that dont help much with dps etc) are screwed and get less rewards?.

Or if you are just soemwhat late your rewards are instantly worse (tbh they suck already... jus t wondering.. havent bothered with arkfalls for days now).
Does this apply to emergencies, coops, dynamic events and missions aswell now?

Yenkin
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
I have noticed some very strange numbers in the top 15, I am not sure how the game places people, in the top 15 I saw a guy with 1 kill, and nothing else, and a very low damage output, at the top someone with over 2 million points of damage. Now I am a pretty good player, at least above mediocre and pump out 250K to 500K damage in an arkfall. Yet I don't even make the top 15. If it was not for the key codes I would not even bother doing them at all.

DustOfDeath
04-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Got to test now. Well i wasnt in the top 15 nether or in the table at all... 3 keycodes from a arkfall that normally rewarded 5.

The top was full of godly insane damage - 3.3m was the highest.

Also the hellbug matrons (the big tanky ones) seemed to die ultrafast - two of them were dead in under a minute and the number of people in arkfall was still overall the same as it used to be a week ago. And noone was using any of the rigth weapons (the swarm bcannons or ground pounder).

So playing through the whoel arkfall (im 1700+ ego) with dual saws (with prepeardness) - i didnt even get to the table anymore and was rewarded less keycodes.

Seth Winternight
04-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I have noticed some very strange numbers in the top 15, I am not sure how the game places people, in the top 15 I saw a guy with 1 kill, and nothing else, and a very low damage output, at the top someone with over 2 million points of damage. Now I am a pretty good player, at least above mediocre and pump out 250K to 500K damage in an arkfall. Yet I don't even make the top 15. If it was not for the key codes I would not even bother doing them at all.

Either way, as far as I know, the ranks are just ranks purely for aesthetic and competition purposes. I don't know if it gives a better chance for rewards, but it doesn't look like that to me.

Cutlass Jack
04-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I think the patch is specifically referring to how you get credit for things just by being vaguely near where someone else is doing it. Like how I completed contracts for Hellbug stomachs while running Time Trials in a region someone else was killing hellbugs.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I think the patch is specifically referring to how you get credit for things just by being vaguely near where someone else is doing it. Like how I completed contracts for Hellbug stomachs while running Time Trials in a region someone else was killing hellbugs.

I don't think that's the case as yesterday I still got credit for those types of contracts despite being miles away from whomever was doing the killing. Unless it was a bug of course. Either way it would be nice for someone official to give us the new prerequisites for this latest change asap. The game is already leaning heavily toward a focus on DPS and this may have made it worse.

Orbital
04-23-2013, 11:06 AM
You can still just tag arkfalls and get the same amount of reward almost, as far as items go. I think they may of changed the contract update credits maybe. Before a npc in your area could take out the objective and give you updates.

Orbital
04-23-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't think that's the case as yesterday I still got credit for those types of contracts despite being miles away from whomever was doing the killing. Unless it was a bug of course. Either way it would be nice for someone official to give us the new prerequisites for this latest change asap. The game is already leaning heavily toward a focus on DPS and this may have made it worse.
odd, then maybe they didn't actually fix anything lol

urmurgurd
04-23-2013, 11:07 AM
the top of the list aint that great, been there got three key codes, been middle of the pack and gotten 5. ultimately im not sure how rewards are calculated. doesnt seem to matter where you are on the ladder at the end.
also helps when people with the swarms and mass cannons start popping shots at the crystal killing all the skitterlings to just go to the next ark fall. only things i use are a nice wolfhound, and a saw dont need any thing else if you know where to hit stuff

Tango80
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Well I think they calculate Arkfall damage meter isn't just against the hellion or the proginator. It's against all damage done to the crystals across the large arkfall event.

Not 100% sure with the destroy the hellbugs you know the blue crystal one but for the rest it depends on how much damage you do to the red crystals.

So if your able to solo a small arkfall or two in a large arkfall zone without having the Horde show up you can easily place in the top 10.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM

I am pretty sure this is what they meant because this happened to me all the time.

CidxLucy
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't think it effect the arkfall. The more damage you don't mean nothing. I think they did it so if you driving by someone doing a quest and you didn't hit a monster or do anything for that quest you don't get exp. I did a few quest where people was sitting there or afk and they got exp but didn't do a thing.

I may be wrong.

alienoid
04-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Rewards are pure randomness. You can be out of the board and get 5 keys + loot or 1st and get 3 keys and nada. There is no competition in those besides bragging rights.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Rewards are pure randomness. You can be out of the board and get 5 keys + loot or 1st and get 3 keys and nada. There is no competition in those besides bragging rights.

Well who doesn't love to show off their e-peen.

Pelaquin
04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
It seems you get 3 Keycodes if you just turn up to the Boss, you get 4 if you helped with the other minor arkfalls and dont make the top 10 on the leaderboards, you 5 if you helped with at least three of the minor arkfalls and made it into the top 10 of the leaderboards, and from what i can see you get 6 if you make it into the top 3 ?, might be 5 it's hard to test it lol.

Kurasuru
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I am pretty sure the change was actually talking about the repeatable missions and random events like save these people kill etc. Before the patch you could just be driving through the area and get script and keys in the mission areas. Now you have to kill a few things and help complete the objectives to get the rewards.

As for Arkfalls, I haven't seen any direct relationship between rank and rewards as far as loot is concerned. You can be first and get nothing and not even in top 20 and get purples. As for keys you can get anywhere from 3 to 5 from what I have seen, but again I don't think its directly tied to rank, I think its more tied to how many minor arkfalls you were present for and assisted in killing.

The Govanator
04-23-2013, 03:21 PM
You can still just tag arkfalls and get the same amount of reward almost

sounds like sometimes that may be the best thing to do now. I can't compete with millions of dps when I'm late, nor witth some people at all for damage. sometimes I'm top 5, sometimes 10, other times not even up there ata ll. if it ends up becomming dps based and giving only minimal rewards regardless of effort if you cannoy compete with your dps or got to it too late then it's best to tag and go off and do something since you'd get th eminimal reward anyways. they're not really thinking too hard with these recent updates, people are discouraged from assisting and participating with no keycodes from rescuing annoying civilians, and having to compete with people you usually cannot compete with for fewer keycodes than before from arkfalls. it pretty much tells me, "go tag an arkfall, then go co-op instance or pvp and wait for the same thing you would have gotten if you spent ten minutes at the arkfall that you could have put into co-op or pvp" I usually get in to arkfalls as soon as I see them and check my map often, so I do them as early as possible often. I fast travel, then boogy the shortest way to them and stick through to the end. If I satrt only getting 3 keys for that as one guy said, I'm gonna begin just hitting things at a few of the smaller ones that spring up first then just run off and do other things and wait for the codes. I get 4 or 5 keycodes per arkfall i do, if I start suddenly getting 3 I'm gonna start afro-knocking the arkfalls.

DJTrig
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
As has been said,they have fixed the proximity rewards bug.Can be seen with the contract kills as you now need to damage something to get recognition.To the guy who said otherwise,you were probably running over the hellbugs while they were not fully loaded if you were doing a timetrial.