PDA

View Full Version : Best thing to do with an old maxed out weapon?

Nightlistic
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
I got several maxed out weapons in my inventory, and I've been clueless as to whats the best thing to do with them. Not sure if I should keep them, sale them for scrip or break them down for resources? Any suggestions?

dejarnat
04-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I usually scrapped mine as I liked to add mod slots to weapons and they require a lot of salvage after the first one.

Lately I have been selling them because I need the scrip more and adding mod slots to a weapon you plan on disposing of is pointless.

Tallsoldier
04-23-2013, 11:18 AM
I have been using my maxed out AR (as its purple which is the best I have for AR) on the Arkfalls, as it doesn't matter about xp there as my understanding is you don't get weapon xp at those events.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 11:24 AM
I have been using my maxed out AR (as its purple which is the best I have for AR) on the Arkfalls, as it doesn't matter about xp there as my understanding is you don't get weapon xp at those events.

To my knowledge you get weapon XP at anything. The amount of damage you do with your weapon translates to the weapon XP you get. But thats just my theory. Personally i scrap my guns for Ark Salvage, as money is pretty much useless in this game right now.

Mabster
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
To my knowledge you get weapon XP at anything. The amount of damage you do with your weapon translates to the weapon XP you get. But thats just my theory.

Everywhere else you get xp per damage, during arkfalls you only gain xp if you get the killing shot and that particular mob gives death xp.

hYp
04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
depends on the gun what i do with them some are worth more script (needed for buying mods for the next gun) but not adding more mod slots to the guns im throwing away but i do put mods in the open slots 1000/1500script there , an i always need script for buying mod set boxes(with is only worh it if your looking for a set for a gun you have) 1500script there , then some guns are worth alot more salvage points even tho it can be the same weapon(depends on color)

maxing out gun quick trick - there is a pop up mission thing where you have to shut down some regenators or turn them on , clear all the enmies but one that comes out of a door 1guy keeps coming outa the door if you dont shutdown the last regeator so you just stand there an kill him as he comes out ive done this for a few guns i have lvl9LMG an lvl9pumpshotgun only 527xp

hYp
04-23-2013, 11:44 AM
i know the spot just not what its called , il repost where its at soon

KagatoAC
04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Any of the Hellbug missions that pop up in the world can be used for this as well. If it has one of the "pheremone spawn points" on the ground. as long as you don't destroy it Hellbugs will keep coming

XxSTMELVINxX
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
break them down to resources via salvage matrix. selling them, even when fully modded barely gets you any scrip back, even when its a rare item. you can get scrip easily by doing quests, ark falls, and co-op missions.

Jthreau
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm currently stacking up on scrip, and will move onto salvage in due time.

CatatonicFiend
04-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Scrip is useless. I have over 250k I bought all the "rare" vehicles and get weapons from lock box or coop pickup LOL. Break em down to resources.

cusman
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM

Seems like the only place where using a fully upgraded weapon is no worse than using a fresh weapon. Unless your weapon skill itself is maxed at which point it doesn't matter anymore.

Nightlistic
04-23-2013, 04:54 PM
thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions. I'm doing a lil of everything. For the weapons worth more scrip selling em, for the ones not so much breaking em down for resources or taking the rare mods off of em since getting rare mods for the weapons you like seems really difficult. Once again thanks for all the great feedback. :)

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Personally, it depends on the weapon and how rare it is/how useful it is. That being said, if your intention is maxing out all weapon skills, break down all BMG's except those that have "+X Link" and all weapons that don't have a barrel slot open, except Nano Fraggers, and add Power Bores, or the Crit Barrels((Only on sniper rifles with over x3.5 crit, to add insult to injury))

I've already found how Weapon Skill is distributed, it's not threw sheer damage though, it's a nix of Damage, Power Kills, Chain Kills, Critical Kills, and Multi Kills. Because my first Crit Kill I did about 3000+ Damage, and got a lil over 4000 weapon XP, I then killed a dude with 2 shots to the gut, 1200k each, and got only 2400 EXP filled. Chains seem to be a 1.5x multiplier, where as Multi's((Only doable with explosive weapons and fan spread shotguns)) seem to have a multiplier dependent on how many are killed at once, because my RL Bar went up a good chunk when I killed 7 skitterlings at once while overloading with a Mass Driver. and Power Kills seem to be a 0.5x multiplier.

Murton
04-24-2013, 01:10 AM
As with all things, it depends. First of all when you "master" a specific weapon it gains a bonus, if this bonus is useful to me I'll keep the gun and start adding mod-slots. If the bonus is no good I'll either sell or salvage the weapon depending on which resource I need more.

I mastered an autopistol on Monday and got a 3% damage bonus pushing the damage to 493 per shot, it also has bio effect so it's a keeper and I've invested in all 4 mod slots and all I need now are some good mods to put in there. Hoping to get lucky on my blaster pistol or flaregun that I'm working on.