PDA

View Full Version : BMG lvl 10?

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
So i love my LMG (it's a totally professional relationship[jk]), and its served me very well, i kinda want the stout tactics III pursuit so i can get the "tank" title and the armor, but... i have been using my BMG for hours upon hours and i'm only level 2-1/2... sooooo... is there some secret way to like go up a bunch of levels really quick for the BMG? or am i going to be on this one for about a year? i would really appreciate the help, thank you.

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
So i love my LMG (it's a totally professional relationship[jk]), and its served me very well, i kinda want the stout tactics III pursuit so i can get the "tank" title and the armor, but... i have been using my BMG for hours upon hours and i'm only level 2-1/2... sooooo... is there some secret way to like go up a bunch of levels really quick for the BMG? or am i going to be on this one for about a year? i would really appreciate the help, thank you.

Were you aware that once your weapon exp caps, your skill stops increasing?

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
so once the current weapons exp bar for the weapon itself is filled up then the bar stops increasing for the skill?

Scrincer
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
so once the current weapons exp bar for the weapon itself is filled up then the bar stops increasing for the skill?

yes this is why you must switch weapon constantly

jnt

Correct. This extra sentence added to allow posting.

Cutlass Jack

Yup thats correct. And no the game doesnt tell you that, which is annoying.

That said, BMGs are a slow and annoying weapon to level up even without that happening.

Lilan Kahn
04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Yup thats correct. And no the game doesnt tell you that, which is annoying.

That said, BMGs are a slow and annoying weapon to level up even without that happening.

actualy the game do tell you

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
thx so much guys, i would have been stuck on this one forever XD, any particular enemies that level it fast?

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
thx so much guys, i would have been stuck on this one forever XD, any particular enemies that level it fast?

Anything but arkfalls.

The way I stay sane is just spamming co ops over and over. The one with the Piercer is fast and super easy.

Xazur
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
The fastest way to level BMG is to find mobs that deal 2x or higher mods for crits and that have high hp so you can keep farming. I am actually currently raising my BMG level and if you're on the PC I can show you a way to farm, but its really boring and long.

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
noted, i heard somewhere that hulkers are good, any truth to that?

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:34 PM
noted, i heard somewhere that hulkers are good, any truth to that?

I still say co op maps just because there is very little travel involved, just lots of shooting.

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
swoot, any ideas on how long it would take me to get to level 10 BMG?

Rhorge
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
actualy the game do tell you

Where exactly?

Whippersnapper
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Ive only been playing 3.5 days, but I noticed something. People say you level specific weapon "types" like BMG, LMG, Assault Rifle, etc, and it will level all weapons of that type. However, I noticed a XP bar under my weapons details. Later I looted another copy of the weapon and the XP Bar was at 0. When I compared them, I saw my old copy @ 30% XP and the new one at 0%.

So I think its weapon specific. Please someone with more know how help explain this.

Also, I believe weapons get most of their XP on kills. So heavy dmg weapons like missiles, rockets, etc, will level up fast, while lower damage weapons (and situational) like Pistols, LMGs and ARs, will take longer to level.

So we have to grind. First I need to confirm how XP is distributed to decide the fastest way to level a weapon.
Do kills get more XP or do mobs have a total XP value which is divided among weapons based on which damaged it more?

Grinding As in most leveling games, is about finding the right mob to kill.
-Mob(s) must respawn quickly. Five minute intervals is not "quickly".
-Mob must give good XP for your level
-Mob must be fairly easy to kill for your level
-Optional: Mob should give decent loot
-Optional: You should be alone in the area so you get all kills.

Xazur
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Well when you weapon exp maxes out, it will have a pop up screen telling you your weapon has maxed out. It will display the weapon name.

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
swoot, any ideas on how long it would take me to get to level 10 BMG?

Level 10 is something like 10-12 weapons. It's not a very quick process.

Cutlass Jack
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Well when you weapon exp maxes out, it will have a pop up screen telling you your weapon has maxed out. It will display the weapon name.

I've gotten the notice that my weapon 'leveled up' but the game never told me I wouldnt get Weapon Skill Exp if I continued to use it.

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Ive only been playing 3.5 days, but I noticed something. People say you level specific weapon "types" like BMG, LMG, Assault Rifle, etc, and it will level all weapons of that type. However, I noticed a XP bar under my weapons details. Later I looted another copy of the weapon and the XP Bar was at 0. When I compared them, I saw my old copy @ 30% XP and the new one at 0%.

Weapon XP is diferent then Weapon Skill. There is no distribution system. It's literally just using LMGs boosts your general skill with LMGs until the Weapon XP maxes on your currently equipped weapon.

Vendor it, buy a new one , repeat.

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Level 10 is something like 10-12 weapons. It's not a very quick process.

so i just gotta burn through a bunch of BMG's?, that shouldn't take to long considering i was expecting it to take a few months, but i'm definetly not gonna get it done tonight

Xazur
04-23-2013, 12:42 PM
There is weapon exp, and weapon skill exp. Weapon exp = the bar displayed on the weapon. Weapon skill exp = the level of your weapon proficiency which gives you bonus stats for using that kind of weapon. When you select a weapon it will tell you which category that weapon is part off so all the weapon exp you get all goes towards that same proficiency. The weapon exp is based on the amount of damage you deal to the enemy, so higher damage weapons do max out the fastest.

So this is how it goes: Damage dealt -> Weapon exp bar -> Weapon skill profiency

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
so i just gotta burn through a bunch of BMG's?, that shouldn't take to long considering i was expecting it to take a few months, but i'm definetly not gonna get it done tonight

Essentially.

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
swoot, now i just gotta get 10-16ish BMG's and get crackin

dharknite
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I am about 3/4 of the way to level 7 in bmg. I do Co-ops, pvp (use a tele-spanner) and emergencies( when ever I happen up them)

RobertLTF
04-23-2013, 12:47 PM
i used my tele-spanner to beat nim twice :3

Lilan Kahn
04-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Where exactly?

intel-> help -> progression -> weapon mastery

jnt
04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
intel-> help -> progression -> weapon mastery

Wow. So it's completely unintuitive and most people don't go there until they get frustrated and wonder why their weapon skill stopped increasing.

Whippersnapper
04-23-2013, 01:04 PM
There is weapon exp, and weapon skill exp. Weapon exp = the bar displayed on the weapon. Weapon skill exp = the level of your weapon proficiency which gives you bonus stats for using that kind of weapon. When you select a weapon it will tell you which category that weapon is part off so all the weapon exp you get all goes towards that same proficiency. The weapon exp is based on the amount of damage you deal to the enemy, so higher damage weapons do max out the fastest.

So this is how it goes: Damage dealt -> Weapon exp bar -> Weapon skill profiency
Ok so if I max out a weapons XP, does that mean I will do better with that weapon than an exact copy at 0%?

Lilan Kahn
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok so if I max out a weapons XP, does that mean I will do better with that weapon than an exact copy at 0%?

get a bonus when you max it out

jnt
04-23-2013, 01:08 PM

There is always some small % or what not increase to something.

Whippersnapper
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm relieved that it doesnt matter that I switch from one sniper rifle to another. I still get general Sniper Rifle XP. Horray.

dylan05
04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm relieved that it doesnt matter that I switch from one sniper rifle to another. I still get general Sniper Rifle XP. Horray.

There are 2 different typs of sniper rifles, not one general.
The semi-automatic sniper rifles and the bolt action sniper rifles.
Each with their own weapon mastery.

LurchUSA
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I still say co op maps just because there is very little travel involved, just lots of shooting.

Especially Motherlode... you get lots of white/green trash items to break down into resources, and the 5 key odes for the lock boxes are nice too. :)

Ensu
04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Try a Protector variant BMG for extra aoe.

Dwane
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Try a Protector variant BMG for extra aoe.

I would say stingrayes are best, fast linking and often got +1 max link. Also overcharge helps alot.

Ensu
04-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I would say stingrayes are best, fast linking and often got +1 max link. Also overcharge helps alot.

Good call.

ten4
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Dual wield Stingray + critical hit/dmg perks + humanoid mobs (head shots) or large HP mobs (hulkers/bulwarks/Elite DMS/etc) + lots and lots and LOTS of patience. Killin skitterlings is fine and safe but not the fastest way.

Prelude
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Level 2900 with BMG level 10, I did the final two levels roaming around San Fransisco doing the scrapper emergencies and the last few levels flew by, consider doing them as every type of scrapper has a weak point and some of the emergencies have Forges. Someone try this out and let me know that I am not crazy.

I also second Stingrays as the best.

ten4
04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Level 2900 with BMG level 10, I did the final two levels roaming around San Fransisco doing the scrapper events and the last few levels flew by, consider doing them as every type of scrapper has a weak point and some of the events have Forges. Someone try this out and let me know that I am not crazy.

I also second Stingrays as the best.

Strange, I get no weapon exp what so ever no matter gun in scrapper/zergling events. Used to in beta but not now.

Prelude
04-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I meant the emergencies, not the events. I'll fix the post. The emergencies are all over.