PDA

View Full Version : Clone armys, Ark falls

kira
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Hey anyone notice how in Ark falls everyone looks the same white outfit and also Ark falls seem way to easy now I've been in 5 today and people can now kill some of the bosses in less then 5 minutes seems weird

Greyworm
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
It seems like the game renders everyone as a human male Survivalist before it fully loads their real skin for you (Not that it matters since they pop in and out too frequently for you to really look at them) and as to the arkfalls being done quickly it's probably hackers making their weapons do infinity damage.

Warlander
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
The game renders a base default character to cut down on lag, this is worse on consoles, on PC it loads propper models more often and faster.

Its a good system to keep performance under control.

Maeson
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
In regard to clones: character customization is simply put... basic. I'm not talking about faces. Outfits themselves are currently either reskins or people simply don't bother doing the pursuits to get some of these outfits. I have a rather appalling list of them by now and honestly I'd only wear the Infantry Veteran, Debuty, CODA scout, EMC Heavy Trooper and the E-REP scout (or something like that) outfits. I just now unlocked the Infantry Hero outfit (The 10 infector gun levels were a pain) and trying it on for a moment just made me cringe. It looks... I wouldn't say bad, but cluttered and bulky.
The EMC Heavy Trooper is also bulky, but it doesn't look cluttered. It looks organized and doesn't look as "top heavy" as the Infantry Hero outfit.
If we could customize outfits in more detail, we'd see variety. But even then we hit the problem that there is no place to really show it off, we don't have a big central town, only small outposts and those are only places people spend only as much time as needed. And Arkfalls where you get enough people to really warrant showing off your outfit, everyone's busy shooting or dodging.
It's the APB syndrome. People make awesome outfits and you either spend AFKing in the social area, or being too busy shooting at someone to notice the awesome outfit someone has.
My conclusion: the outfits in the game are only there to satisfy YOU. As in all it's about is making you like looking at your character, not showing it off.
IN general, our social options are very limited, only 4 emotes (I have been led to believe we'll be able to acquire more in various ways), no "holster" option (or way to make an empty loadout for that task).

As for the Arkfalls. People have simply gotten the hang of them. They've become routine. Most everyone knows where to shoot, when to shoot and with what to shoot. That and at times you get an obscene number of people together and the volume of fire the boss gets is nothing short of biblical.
The only way I could see making large Arkfalls last longer is having more stages to them. Ending in a sort of instanced dungeon, like the ark Nolan and Irisa were scavenging in the pilot. But that'd be a sort of "super arkfall".

Maeson
04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Doublepost!

kira
04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Ahh okay thanks for the help guys was kind of going WTF o.O why does everyone look the same and I like the idea of stages maybe make it like the Nim boss fight?

Crunchyblack
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
As for the Arkfalls. People have simply gotten the hang of them. They've become routine. Most everyone knows where to shoot, when to shoot and with what to shoot. That and at times you get an obscene number of people together and the volume of fire the boss gets is nothing short of biblical.
The only way I could see making large Arkfalls last longer is having more stages to them. Ending in a sort of instanced dungeon, like the ark Nolan and Irisa were scavenging in the pilot. But that'd be a sort of "super arkfall".

Nope.

I still drive around in my charger squishing skitterlings!