PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure Trion can change the chassis of the game.

Santana Ortega
04-23-2013, 12:47 PM
I am truly worried that Trion has gotten themselves into a real mess here.

The Hacking issues are becoming a deal breaker for me and I am sure many others that actually do not hack and WANT to actually enjoy the game.

If the weapon damage and vehicle speed numbers are held client side, it would take an entire chassis overhaul to fix the issues on the PC.
It could be done but it would require an entirely new engine design for the PC game version. Too much money and time would be wasted and might not prevail in short order to keep players for the game.

Even the PS3 and XBox would have issues but nowhere near the entire change the PC version would need.
Here in lies the problem...the crossover. Fixing each is an independent job and just too much time and money.

Therefore we might be stuck with what we have and the only way out for Trion is to give a guide as to how players can hack their own files and make an even playing field.

If everyone on the PC version for example has a guide that showed how to hack the files and max the damage output on their weapon and the speed on their vehicle, the numbers all equal out. Everyone is maxed and balanced. Then Trion goes in and instead of nerfing things they BOOST npc armor and damages they do, their speed that are on their server side.

I know this is easy, as hackers have already doe the their part, and Trion can just do their part.
Would it be a deal breaker to max out your game to level the playing field?

Cutlass Jack
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
The chassis is fine. The engine needs a tune up.

Kalisnoir
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
You know nothing and your logic is actually laughable. Please do inform us all of this "chassis" you speak of and why exactly the whole engine needs a "complete" overhaul. I'd also like to see why the PC version needs completely changing but the console versions wouldn't (especially if we are to assume that the PC version is a port of a console version).

Don't get me wrong; it's not like it's a straight forward 10 lines of code swap but to say that the whole engine needs a re-design and that the PC version is inviable compared to the console is daft.

What really got me though was that you think Trion should make a guide telling everyone how to up there damage to silly numbers to "even the playing field". Despite the fact they could just update the damage of the weapons to do silly damage (instead of making a guide telling everyone how to do it themselves), why would they ruin their own game by making all weapons for everyone one shot everything and render the game ridiculously imbalanced and pointless.

Antomus
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
All that is needed is a little client side monitoring. A bit of data here, a dash of programing there, and you've got an added bit of the program that monitors clients to make sure that files are not modified and hacking programs are not being used.
Although I have yet to enter to realm of the PvPs (or Peevs as I like to call it) but Defiance really needs some sort of anti-cheat monitor. Without this, the game will only become more popular with hackers and cheaters as the game gathers steam.

Olcsonn
04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
It is not as hard as you might think, there are games now where everything is on client side and they have stuff in place to stop major hacks. The server can read the client side info and stop any altered data, from my understand that is a pretty common solution. I like what they did with Max Payne 2 though, I think instead of banning the hackers they should just throw them into a special "Hacker Server" and allow them to only play with each other, that would amuse me.

Viibl
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
It is not as hard as you might think, there are games now where everything is on client side and they have stuff in place to stop major hacks. The server can read the client side info and stop any altered data, from my understand that is a pretty common solution. I like what they did with Max Payne 2 though, I think instead of banning the hackers they should just throw them into a special "Hacker Server" and allow them to only play with each other, that would amuse me.

This, more or less. Friend of mine worked on Facebook games that held all of the logic client-side. They just did checks on the server for values outside of normal ranges and acted upon anyone falling outside of what they expected. It's more reactive, but works.

Chris EK9
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
The chassis is fine. The engine needs a tune up.

Gamers, talking like.... Mechanics..?

Antomus
04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
Gamers, talking like.... Mechanics..?

Or mechanics that play games as well.

Antomus
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
I think instead of banning the hackers they should just throw them into a special "Hacker Server" and allow them to only play with each other, that would amuse me.

This should be done and then I would love to find some videos of this, I may just have to invest in better tear collection technology. I wonder how long it will take people in Defiance to realize that tears (the more emotional, the more potent they are) make better runner fuel than hellbug poo.