PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Add-on content

acehunter
04-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Well by now I'm sure everyone is running into the same problem of monotony in the game. I love this game and I'm really hoping it is not gonna get boring. Does anyone know when the first dlc content is coming out? What are you guys looking for in it? I was thinking new races, new weapons, more mods, more outfits, more team based challenges, a more satisfying leveling system, new enemies (vulge- tv show), better connection to show, more diverse missions and arkfalls (rather than saving 4 ranchers or shutting down generators), and BETTER CHANCES AT BETTER LOOT!!! just a few ideas... Let me hear what you guys think

AceHunter7

PepsiSky
04-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Idk, I heard some new stuff may release 3 months after release which could be maps and stuff but idk about the DLC yet.

lemieux
04-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree. Enjoy the game too!

But very worried at how boring it may get here quick.

acehunter
04-23-2013, 09:25 PM
3 months! looks like this game is gonna go on the shelf.

OGkush
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
I dont think this game can last 3 months with no content. Myself and many clan members are very close to having all 104 pursuits completed already.

Beldhan
04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
normally we must get content patch in the next week (around the end of the month) and one another when the first dlc come out (end of may) for now let's be patient and give them 2 month, it's not like we pay anything more from there ^^

Beta582
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I would love to get some shiny new DLC!

HOWEVER:

I do not want it until some of the more game-breaking bugs are ironed out.

Ozzalin
04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
All i will say here, is that i do agree 100% and...

Trust me, it is the LAST time i spend $150.00 usd (CE) on an online game "Before" it comes out...

Nuff said.

Myst
04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
I would love to get some shiny new DLC!

HOWEVER:

I do not want it until some of the more game-breaking bugs are ironed out.

I agree with this person also lol that avatar :p

Beta582
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I agree with this person also lol that avatar :p

Always happy to bring a chuckle to a fellow forumite!

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 09:55 PM
All i will say here, is that i do agree 100% and...

Trust me, it is the LAST time i spend $150.00 usd (CE) on an online game "Before" it comes out...

Nuff said.

Ouch. Last time I bought anything but a standard game edition was with Warhammer Online and was burned so badly I'll never do it again.

acehunter
04-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Ya i guess all there is to do is wait... but 3 months.. way too long. Come on Trion, I know you guys don't require a monthly subscription but now I'm starting to see why... there is hardly anything to subscribe to!

jonwes
04-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Why are people saying 3 months? We were already supposed to have the DLC, but the patch delayed that. Last I'd heard the next DLC was a week or so away at this point. Did that change? I had heard 3 WEEKS (a couple weeks ago.)

Ozzalin
04-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Why are people saying 3 months? We were already supposed to have the DLC, but the patch delayed that. Last I'd heard the next DLC was a week or so away at this point. Did that change? I had heard 3 WEEKS (a couple weeks ago.)

What you heard, and what you'll get is a world apart in Defiance man lol.
I'm affraid you'll have to be veeeery patient from now on.

Ryan
04-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Patience is key, if that means putting the game on a shelf for a month or two and coming back then that might happen. The DLC will come in due time and I will guess it'll be worth the wait. I haven't boughten the Season pass yet but depending how the first DLC is I might.

Beta582
04-23-2013, 11:48 PM
We will get the DLC in time. We just need to be patient while they work out some major bugs to make the game more stable for the DLC.

Ozzalin
04-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Patience is key, if that means putting the game on a shelf for a month or two and coming back then that might happen. The DLC will come in due time and I will guess it'll be worth the wait. I haven't boughten the Season pass yet but depending how the first DLC is I might.

That is true, and fortunately, the full season pass was included (at least) in my collectors edition.
Then i guess i'll have to wait for the DLC.

"Help me Obi-Wan DLC... You're my only hope"

Jackobite
04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
I got stuffed for £130 for the ce of SW-ToR, it was the the special vendor only for owners of the ce to use, had very little in it and I came to see that its all talk to get you to drop your cash.

Still not learned coz I bought the season pass for this but im learning slowly

Laughing Man
04-23-2013, 11:52 PM
i play this game about 3 month.i was alpha tester. this is the first game i buyed.the thing is what do u expected from the game?u can play this game as single player and this story is OK for 50 Ä. al so as nice multi player game. ok this no taktik shooter or real rpg but u need to give a chance to this game.actually im pro gamer and i played a lot of games-this one will have a grate future.just wait a bit longer.dunno but this is my 6th char who reached ego 2000 all mission are complited and about 80 pursuits.still not boring cos u have co op , arkfalls , pvp. what u want more?pls write what u expected from this game?

Ozzalin
04-24-2013, 12:07 AM
i play this game about 3 month.i was alpha tester. this is the first game i buyed.the thing is what do u expected from the game?u can play this game as single player and this story is OK for 50 €. al so as nice multi player game. ok this no taktik shooter or real rpg but u need to give a chance to this game.actually im pro gamer and i played a lot of games-this one will have a grate future.just wait a bit longer.dunno but this is my 6th char who reached ego 2000 all mission are complited and about 80 pursuits.still not boring cos u have co op , arkfalls , pvp. what u want more?pls write what u expected from this game?

I want a BIG city like Defiance (St-Louis) where i can trade with others, craft some new guns etc.
I want to be able to put weapons on my vehicles, just like what we saw in the videos in open world.
I want a chat system that is truly social, and not anti-social.
I want bikes and motocrosses like we saw in the 1st trailer.
I want a long storyline that is amazing.
I want tons of interactive TV show content.
I want a huge micro store with TONS of goodies, weaps and outfits i can choose from.
I want the map to be way bigger than it is now.
I want the game not being so linear in its systems and more sand-box like.
I want boats and hovercrafts on the water with mounted weaps.
I also want a mini-nuke launcher *Optional and not required* :P
Aaaaaand last but not least...

I want to go sleep!

Beta582
04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
I want a BIG city like Defiance (St-Louis) where i can trade with others, craft some new guns etc.
I want to be able to put weapons on my vehicles, just like what we saw in the videos in open world.
I want a chat system that is truly social, and not anti-social.
I want bikes and motocrosses like we saw in the 1st trailer.
I want a long storyline that is amazing.
I want tons of interactive TV show content.
I want a huge micro store with TONS of goodies, weaps and outfits i can choose from.
I want the map to be way bigger than it is now.
I want the game not being so linear in its systems and more sand-box like.
I want boats and hovercrafts on the water with mounted weaps.
I also want a mini-nuke launcher *Optional and not required* :P
Aaaaaand last but not least...

I want to go sleep!

I can agree with everything on this list. The Mini-nuke launcher will probably not happen though...

I think that making this game closer to a MMOTPS (Emphasis on MMO) can be done but would require some clever thinking and hard work. I do want this to happen. As the game stands now, it is a single-player TPS with the added benefit of occasionally having someone helping you out.

I really like the idea of water-based combat.

Definitely agree with wanting to go to sleep. 2:15 here and I will say good night!

ForeignPatriot
04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Not trying to be a fanboy, but why are we assuming that this is all there is until the first DLC comes out?

The whole concept of the game being tied up to the show suggests that we should be seeing more and more content every couple of weeks until the show's finale. So, if that's the case, we won't see what "season one" of the game truly is until then.

Or, this could really be it, in which case there's little hope for the DLC to add enough to be really justifiable.

/2 cents

Fiancee
04-24-2013, 12:25 AM
I think its not so bad... I do daily contract, do some deathmatches/shadow PVP while doing them, some Arkfalls, and later some pursues. Still having fun after almost 150 hour.

acehunter
04-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Isn't there suppose to be another patch next week?

Ciannon
04-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Well by now I'm sure everyone is running into the same problem of monotony in the game. I love this game and I'm really hoping it is not gonna get boring. Does anyone know when the first dlc content is coming out? What are you guys looking for in it? I was thinking new races, new weapons, more mods, more outfits, more team based challenges, a more satisfying leveling system, new enemies (vulge- tv show), better connection to show, more diverse missions and arkfalls (rather than saving 4 ranchers or shutting down generators), and BETTER CHANCES AT BETTER LOOT!!! just a few ideas... Let me hear what you guys think

AceHunter7

There is nothing monotonous about punching someone in the face.

defiant few
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM

AceHunter7

First time on any forum this game is that good but could be better, first time playing an MMO was waiting on xbox to get one. I love the show and game I have so much fun playing with my 12 friends or by myself but sadly it could be better so i rate it at a 6 or 7 but could easily jump off the charts to an 20. Trion I know it's still early but I hope you are going to release content to make us utilise being in a clan more and soon because right now I see no point in it we can't even get in the same car or do missions together unless were in a group of only 4 people and idk about the average player but I always have more then 4 people playing with me. So here are my sggestions to make being in a clan and bring more fans im sure you guys will agree with me.

1. [Better pvp] Open world with no time limit put 10 or so bases around one standing out from the rest with sentry guns in strategic locations for clan members to take and hold until another clan takes them out and control the base or remake shadow war still open world but make it so that a base appears and we have to take and hold the base until a certain amount of time expires, instead of doing it with random people make it clan base, both of these ideas give you something to work towards and will give you a feeling that no one can touch my clan we are the best true bad******.

2. [REALLY!!!] When I found out you can only have groups of 4 and that the rest of my clan couldn't get in my car or do my missions and vice versa I just said really do us all a favor and get rid of groups it's pointless.

Trion this will make your game much better if you have to sacrifice tdm, Freight yard, and postpone giving us new missions I say do it it's an mmo game after all it should alwalys be an open world with millions of people in it.

acehunter
04-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Ya I agree with that I just think if they are gonna state their game as a MMO then they should frequently add stuff... If 3 months is true for the first add on content then this isn't a true MMO.

Von
04-24-2013, 09:40 AM
There will be more episode content coming after next week's episode..
The DLC will probably represent season 1.5

acehunter
04-24-2013, 12:12 PM
UPDATE! "Donít expect any DLCís to be released any time soon, though, as the folks over at Trion Worlds are hard at work making Defiance a better overall experience by working on patches for the game." MP1st.com

They are releasing 5 over the course of the years so looks like 3 months is right. Patches, patches, and more patches.

Orge Lambart
04-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't 3 months, like so many other people you are mistaking what you've heard.

They said most likely the first major content patch would role out sometime around the 15th, then around three weeks after that the first piece of DLC would likely roll out.

Someone asked how long the season pass would cover in terms of content. That is where you got the season pass information from, they said the season pass content will last for longer than 3 months (meaning all 5 DLC's won't release in the first 3 months.) but less than a year (meaning we'll see all 5 content pieces prior to the game being live for 12 months.)

The True Pacman
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
i play this game about 3 month.i was alpha tester. this is the first game i buyed.the thing is what do u expected from the game?u can play this game as single player and this story is OK for 50 Ä. al so as nice multi player game. ok this no taktik shooter or real rpg but u need to give a chance to this game.actually im pro gamer and i played a lot of games-this one will have a grate future.just wait a bit longer.dunno but this is my 6th char who reached ego 2000 all mission are complited and about 80 pursuits.still not boring cos u have co op , arkfalls , pvp. what u want more?pls write what u expected from this game?

Am I wrong for thinking that a cyber terrorist should have better grammar? Lol but I do agree I'm still having a blast with the game. If it gets a little stale I finish my dailies and come back the next day.

Nexos_Arc
04-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Not trying to be a fanboy, but why are we assuming that this is all there is until the first DLC comes out?

The whole concept of the game being tied up to the show suggests that we should be seeing more and more content every couple of weeks until the show's finale. So, if that's the case, we won't see what "season one" of the game truly is until then.

Or, this could really be it, in which case there's little hope for the DLC to add enough to be really justifiable.
/2 cents

well, guess most ppl expected more "episode missions" ... and not just Pursuits as new "content".