PDA

View Full Version : To you G510 users.

KashraFall
04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Have you found a way to properly Macro one of G keys to be your salvage button? I tried the Enter enter enter up enter. But it didn't work. I think it doesn't like multiple enters?

ChaoticallyCalm
04-27-2013, 06:29 AM
I was thinking of trying to get loadouts to be bound with autohotkey. But salvage button would be great, wish the ui was better, so hard trying to go through items.

Tristanian
04-27-2013, 06:53 AM
I was thinking of trying to get loadouts to be bound with autohotkey. But salvage button would be great, wish the ui was better, so hard trying to go through items.

Well no G510 here but G15. In order to bind a loadout to one of the G keys, a macro won't really cut it (I've tried). A lua script on the other hand, bound to a G key will. For example :

function OnEvent(event, arg)
if (event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 12) then
PressKey("l")
Sleep(100)
ReleaseKey("l")
Sleep(100)
MoveMouseTo(45591,9232)
Sleep(300)
PressMouseButton(1)
Sleep(100)
ReleaseMouseButton(1)
Sleep(100)
PressKey("escape")
Sleep(100)
ReleaseKey("escape")
Sleep(100)
end
end

The above simulates keypresses (assuming default keys btw), with a few minor delays to compensate for latency, and mouse movement/left press in order to choose loadout 1, after pushing the G12 button, on a full HD resolution (1920x1080). The tricky part is to get the proper screen coordinates for the MoveMouseTo(x,y) command, according to resolution (pretty sure that's how it works). You need to use GetMousePosition() and OutputLogMessage inside the script for that, bind it to a key, move your mouse above the loadout indicator, push the key, then alt-tab to get the coords on the script output window. It's a rough description I know, but there are simple guides about lua scripting for Logitech keyboards all around the web, if you are interested to learn more.

Black Magix
04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I'd urge people to be careful with this. Macroing / scripting can be considered an unfair advantage if you use them. Somewhere to the extent of "using a third party program to give you an unfair advantage"

I understand "This is just for salvage" however case in point is still that you were using a 3rd party program. Equates to speeding 1mph (1kmh if you prefer) over the limit and getting pulled over for it.

Jackobite
04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
I did one today to buy key codes, just an enter up enter, worked well.
using G19 keyboard.

Tristanian
04-27-2013, 07:19 AM
I'd urge people to be careful with this. Macroing / scripting can be considered an unfair advantage if you use them. Somewhere to the extent of "using a third party program to give you an unfair advantage"

I understand "This is just for salvage" however case in point is still that you were using a 3rd party program. Equates to speeding 1mph (1kmh if you prefer) over the limit and getting pulled over for it.

Depends on what you use it for. If you are using it to exploit a particular event/challenge then I would agree. In the case of loadouts however (or buying keycodes without having to click or push enter until your eyes literally bleed), it only offers a minor convenience, actually compensating for the game UI significant inefficiencies. In PvP loadouts are locked, so you can't change them (unless you die) even if you wanted to. Small convenience in various tasks is the main point for buying gaming keyboards, it's not a 3rd party program per se, since it also requires specific hardware. Unless Trion is prepared to open that can of worms, I'd say that no one is getting "hurt". That being said, "tools" are only as good or bad as the person using them.

Mallious
04-27-2013, 10:33 PM
well i agree with the use of "3rd party" software or macroing but if you have a highspeed laser mouse or a xbox controller with auto fire wouldnt that be cheating too?

I too own one of these G keyboads and would love it if there was a loadout or shortcut keys for the game.

Sneakerz
04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Depends on what you use it for. If you are using it to exploit a particular event/challenge then I would agree. In the case of loadouts however (or buying keycodes without having to click or push enter until your eyes literally bleed), it only offers a minor convenience, actually compensating for the game UI significant inefficiencies. In PvP loadouts are locked, so you can't change them (unless you die) even if you wanted to. Small convenience in various tasks is the main point for buying gaming keyboards, it's not a 3rd party program per se, since it also requires specific hardware. Unless Trion is prepared to open that can of worms, I'd say that no one is getting "hurt". That being said, "tools" are only as good or bad as the person using them.

The bolded part may be true for the small maps, but for shadow wars you can change loadout at any time.