PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring the PS3 community is not wise, Trion.

Caesar
04-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Of all the current platforms, the PS3 community is the most likely to stay with Defiance in the long term.

PC = They will move on, as soon as the next "big" MMO comes out.

Xbox= Xbox Life Gold subscription, will eventually kill the game.

PS3= Already have at MMORPG ( DC: Universe Online ), and Dust 514 is nearly done. Plus it doesn't have an obligatory subscription to play.

You are focusing your attention in the wrong community Trion :rolleyes:

Obvious Lee
04-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Of all the current platforms, the PS3 community is the most likely to stay with Defiance in the long term.

PS3= Already have at MMORPG ( DC: Universe Online ), and Dust 514 is nearly done. Plus it doesn't have at obligatory subscription to play.

this has been said, a dozen times before. If you feel like tossing out a complaint against trion regarding their updates and patches, then you need look no further than sony. trion wants to release a patch, and sony says no, patch doesn't get released. so gont go trying to shove your foot up trions *** before realizing who the real issue makers are.,

Fatalmephisto
04-23-2013, 04:51 PM
The biggest issue i have with the Community within the PS3 version is the lack of no talking in chat in game itself. It's depressing to see a lot of you guys in the game and you don't bother to say anything in outposts if when your near people. HOWEVER that will change in due time, DCUO had the same problem for a bit then it started to pick up alot more.

Also as for the updates. Don't worry so much. They are coming, just need to chill and relax.

Obvious Lee
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
agreed on all fronts on that one meph.

Caesar
04-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey, i can understand that maybe Sony is been a bit slow with the release. But i talking about the lag of "communication" with the PS3 community. Just a Sticky, with a " Shut up, we busy at the moment" type of post....no good...

Obvious Lee
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey, i can understand that maybe Sony is been a bit slow with the release. But i talking about the lag of "communication" with the PS3 community. Just a Sticky, with a " Shut up, why busy at the moment" type of post....no good...

at which you made NO mention of your specifics during your original post. next time, do so. otherwise it just looks like someone popped ya and you're making excuses to validate it.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey, i can understand that maybe Sony is been a bit slow with the release. But i talking about the lag of "communication" with the PS3 community. Just a Sticky, with a " Shut up, we busy at the moment" type of post....no good...

Dude.. English man. Work on it, Please.. And yes, please, SHUT UP, They are busy at the moment. We don't need anymore complaining about something we know is in the works.

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM
The biggest issue i have with the Community within the PS3 version is the lack of no talking in chat in game itself. It's depressing to see a lot of you guys in the game and you don't bother to say anything in outposts if when your near people. HOWEVER that will change in due time, DCUO had the same problem for a bit then it started to pick up alot more.

Also as for the updates. Don't worry so much. They are coming, just need to chill and relax.

Two things you have wrong, one, this game wasn't ported from PC to PS3, initially their were 2 versions of this game, a PC and a PS3, they also went to Microsoft before making these 2 versions to try and get them aboard, initially Microsoft declined, then later changed their mind. The ported version is the Xbox 360 version, which is ported from PC, this is because PC's are used to design most Xbox 360 games, the dev kit for Xbox 360 is essentially a PC with Xbox Specs. This is also why the game, and show ere initially delayed for a month, the show and game were originally going to be a Holiday Season release.. you know how some show's seasons start around November? well initially if I recall, this game was slated as a 4Q2012 release, then pushed back to 1Q2013, around the time the Xbox side started buzzing about Defiance. I maybe wrong, but last I checked that's how Defiance started.

Second thing you have wrong, is trying to state Trion had no former knowlage on how Sony works.. I very much doubt they walked into a deal with Sony blindfolded, that being said the patch was far from perfect, maybe Sony picked up on it and held it back longer then initially thought, or maybe the Maintenance Trion Worlds reported Sony preforming, which broke Sony's Store for a bit, held back the Patch as well, as they had to fix things in Sony Land. Regardless of what the reasons for the Delay maybe, there is no reason they couldn't have kept us up to date on this, not just Trion, but Sony included, as I am active on reading both Forums, Sony has issued no statements on the patch, nor has Trion up until this point. Which is the same statement as a week ago, I believe they said they'd get PS3 the patch "ASAP". and "Working as fast as we can to get it to you" reminds me of "ASAP".

So in conclusion, your effectivly just making excuses for Trion Worlds and Sony. Now I don't know if that was you intention, but their is no excuse for Trion NOT keeping us up to date. They kept us up to date with Dev Diary's, but they can't keep us up to date on this? it's unexeptable, I'm not one of those quitters, I simply am a blunt man who tends to say things others fear to say, and this time I am saying this... To Trion, To Sony, Their is no reason to keep people in a pitch black room, especally when something as small as "PS3 Gamers, I apologize but we are unable to get you the patch today, ((we are working with Sony to get the patch(if this is true) or, We are working our fastest to get this patch set to title update specs((if this is true)) we appreciate your patience in this matter, and again apologize for the extended wait" It's not hard, to let people know your working on something, take what happened at Bethesda with Skyrim, look at how many statements they issued on twitter, how many apologize, reports on things, they made us think they cared, whether they did or didn't they went the extra mile to try. This is what a good customer support team does, they do their best to Feign like their your brother, sitting with you as your fathers died. They make you feel like your not alone in the dark. That is all I asked that Trion does, let us know they're there on a more active basis. Sadly it seems the easiest of things are those taken for granted.

Ironic this is a 2nd thing we Agree on Meph, besides the Lack of Feedback, on what's going on with the Patch, although I think how Sledge put it, did more harm then good, if I wrote the sticky, it would of looked more like "The 1.010 Patch, and it's Fixes are still on the way" as title, then "We apologize got the long wait Playstation Gamers, we will be getting you the patch, and it's fixes as soon as the Certification Process finishes, and we will be extending the Episode 3 Events for you to make sure you can finish them the same as PC and Xbox 360" And left it at that, because now everyones flipping out because were *gasp* 3 patches behind. well, the last 2 were to fix bugs with 1.010, so not like we need them, or can use them... yet.

Now on the lack of people using text chat, I think people don't realize keyboards only cost 20$. >_> and that's all u need, a keyboard. could get the controller attachment if your good with those small buttons, but for me, a keyboard is fine :D. i usually use group chat more then area, because anytime I say "Hi" or "nice gun" or "HOLY CRAP PIE" I get nothing in return but an eerie silence...........

EmoPyroNecrosis
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
@Obvious Lee
Sorry, but... your PSN, Legit.. SkittlesTheFox <3 I met "TasteTheRainbow" back when I played CoD in 05, now I've passivly met SkittlesTheFox.. now if I can only find a "FindTheRainbow" or... "SweatTheRainbow"... My life will be complete.

Oh yeah forgot, I'm friends with Dehungerize too :D

uninhabitableheart
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM

PS3= Already have at MMORPG ( DC: Universe Online ), and Dust 514 is nearly done. Plus it doesn't have an obligatory subscription to play.

All I can do is smh and /sigh when I see threats from random users in a forum. I'm a PS3 user, find me in game! I have a keyboard and a headset, but I prefer the keyboard atm because it's consistently functional :3

(psn name = fancy_bandage)

Anyways, to just declare that everyone playing on PC is going to abandon the game seems like arbitrary conjecture. Also, how does Xbox Live Gold sub kill a game? I have a lot of friends that play XBL, and I used to be a 360 owner myself, and I sure as hell never paid the sub just to play one game. Remember, some people have jobs and stuff and don't have to ask mommy and daddy to buy them subs...

At the end of the day, this MMO is just a little baby atm. Take WoW for instance, even aside from the expansions, the game bears little to no resemblance to the clumsy struggle-bus it was during vanilla. It takes time to get games right, especially GREAT games. Things need to be tweaked, balanced, tested, approved, etc etc etc. Trion isn't "ignoring" anyone, and with all due respect, your claims about which community is most important (and why) are juvenile, and slightly ignorant.

FNL4EVA23
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
this has been said, a dozen times before. If you feel like tossing out a complaint against trion regarding their updates and patches, then you need look no further than sony. trion wants to release a patch, and sony says no, patch doesn't get released. so gont go trying to shove your foot up trions *** before realizing who the real issue makers are.,

Stop spreading false info nonstop we do not know who screwed up! I bet the patch failed sonys testing and told them to fix it. It all points to that but it is not fact so stop it.

FNL4EVA23
04-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Dude.. English man. Work on it, Please.. And yes, please, SHUT UP, They are busy at the moment. We don't need anymore complaining about something we know is in the works.

If people did not complain then why bother fixing stuff so layoff and maybe grow a back bone yourself.

FNL4EVA23
04-24-2013, 12:07 AM
All I can do is smh and /sigh when I see threats from random users in a forum. I'm a PS3 user, find me in game! I have a keyboard and a headset, but I prefer the keyboard atm because it's consistently functional :3

Anyways, to just declare that everyone playing on PC is going to abandon the game seems like arbitrary conjecture. Also, how does Xbox Live Gold sub kill a game? I have a lot of friends that play XBL, and I used to be a 360 owner myself, and I sure as hell never paid the sub just to play one game. Remember, some people have jobs and stuff and don't have to ask mommy and daddy to buy them subs...

At the end of the day, this MMO is just a little baby atm. Take WoW for instance, even aside from the expansions, the game bears little to no resemblance to the clumsy struggle-bus it was during vanilla. It takes time to get games right, especially GREAT games. Things need to be tweaked, balanced, tested, approved, etc etc etc. Trion isn't "ignoring" anyone, and with all due respect, your claims about which community is most important (and why) are juvenile, and slightly ignorant.

Sorry you have no clue at all. Most people hate paying for gold and if they get an amazing online game like thisand buy gold then hit these issues they will not want to renew a decent amount of them and sell game when month is up. Point is you are so new or clueless what you are talking about.

Valcrist
04-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Just wait til the 29th guys! Something tells me that's when we'll get our update. Might be a while, but I bet it's going to be worth it.

I'm being patient because I know they've got a lot to deal with at the moment. I'm also playing other games at the same time so it's all good.

Murton
04-24-2013, 12:58 AM

Sorry but this is wrong. I used to be a QA Tester in the games industry and Sony do not take the decision to refuse a patch or game release lightly. The only reason they'd decline a patch is if it fails their criteria, and given that all release criteria is listed in the documentation that comes with the development kit the onus is on the developer to ensure their games and patches conform to requirements not on Sony to give a free pass so that people aren't disappointed (though that does happen as well)

Caesar
04-24-2013, 01:59 AM

The majority of PC users will move on, don't fool you self. They always want to make the most of their new Graphic card, or new CPU.The PC community jumps from game to game all the time, has been like that for Decades.

With the Xbox Life Gold sub, i talking about personal experience, and my friends. I only subscribe when is new games out, that i want to play online for a bit, once i get bore with them, i never renew the sub.

I have a decent PC, and a Xbox 360... and i always use my PS3 for online games, what that talks you ?

Joel
04-24-2013, 03:00 AM
i have no doubt that when they have something to tell us they will.

also i really really do wish that individuals would stop taking it upon themselves to speak for the PS3 community.
i like other players have my own opinions & views on Defiance which we can expresse without someone else doing it for me

DanBowie
04-24-2013, 05:13 AM

people on xbox and pc said patch broke the game worst then it fixed it. Thank you sony from stoping trion from breaking the game further. Good move on Sony part

Nimeria
04-24-2013, 05:46 AM
people on xbox and pc said patch broke the game worst then it fixed it. Thank you sony from stoping trion from breaking the game further. Good move on Sony part

Those people would be correct Dan. I have the game for both PS3 and XBox and that patch release was baaaad. I didn't download it when they first released it because multiple friends informed me they were getting prompted to reinstall the entire game when they downloaded the patch update. While I'd like to finish the episode mission in time I'm more than agreeable to waiting to get a good safe effective patch released for PS3

Facade
04-24-2013, 06:21 AM

I'm not pointing blame to either entity but I'm not understanding how every keeps pinning this on Sony. I'm failing to find Sony being 100% the blame when I'm still receiving patches for other games. Or are we just assuming that Sony just outright hates Trion so they keep intentionally pushing it back for laughs?

Verios44
04-24-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm not pointing blame to either entity but I'm not understanding how every keeps pinning this on Sony. I'm failing to find Sony being 100% the blame when I'm still receiving patches for other games. Or are we just assuming that Sony just outright hates Trion so they keep intentionally pushing it back for laughs?

It may not be 100% on Sony but the majority of the fault is. For most multi platform titles, lets take DCUO as a example. Whenever they patch, the pc players have to wait for the ps3 patch to go live. Most of the time this makes the slow process Sony uses almost invisible, but its still there. Trion made a mistake and is now paying the price.

I do agree however that some communication even "we do not have a confirmed date but bear with us" or something would make everyone alot happier.

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 06:34 AM
I went and bought Battle All stars and started playing MTG again... Sorry Trion but your game is in ruin.

Facade
04-24-2013, 06:36 AM
^

I myself have started playing DD: Dark Arisen.
I forgot how much I enjoyed that game, granted if it corrupts my char a 3rd time I will probably break it.

Murton
04-24-2013, 06:37 AM
It may not be 100% on Sony but the majority of the fault is.

Care to explain the logic that makes it Sony's fault if Trion's patch doesn't meet the Technical Requirements Checklist? Because that's the only reason Sony would delay the patch. The only other explanation would be if it hasn't been given to Sony for approval, which would again be Trion's fault.

Throwing blame around doesn't help the situation any, but if people feel the need to place blame somewhere then at least take a proper look at who is at fault before doing so.

OMEN STAR
04-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Trion ***-kissers read the damn sticky, the patch is on there hand not Sony stop being a sheep and stand up for yuorself. Its becasue of people like you we are getting the short end of the stick have some dignity dammit.

Reapersprey
04-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Yesterday it was Trion's fault today it's Sony fault i wouldn't be surprised if people say it's China's fault tomorrow who cares what party is at fault the patch will get here when it gets here whining and b******* about it won't speed it up.

Joel
04-24-2013, 07:10 AM
i heard it's my grandmothers fault for not knitting the patch quickly enough