PDA

View Full Version : New Content ...

RaggedEdge
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
23 days into the game and no premium downloadable content from Xbox Live.
2nd SyFy show up & running and no new Episode Goals.

I'd like to see an expansion of the map myself over a vehicle or weapon, but thats just me.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM

I'd like to see an expansion of the map myself over a vehicle or weapon, but thats just me.

Sure they planned DLC from the Get Go but they pushed it back till possibly next wait. So hold on to your panties we'll get it one day. :]

Blackwolfe
04-23-2013, 05:28 PM

I think we all do. The first DLC (with both free and paid components) is supposed to come soon, I think within a week or two if I remember correctly. But haven't seen any more info on it yet.

Dave Blackwell
04-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I think we all do. The first DLC (with both free and paid components) is supposed to come soon. But haven't seen any more info on it yet.

It's in the works I'm 100% sure of that. Just to reassure those doubting Trion delivering: If you look on the map, see the small greyed out patch of land currently in San Francisco? That's where the new area will be I'm quite literally 100% sure of it as it can be glitched into, if you know where/how to, exploration makes for some intriguing times in Defiance.

Any other information regarding it? I got nothing.

digibluez
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
they are busy fixing the bugs before rolling out content.

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM
They're busy creating new bugs before rolling out another "light a candle" content. But be sure to snag that SEASON PASS!

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
They're busy creating new bugs before rolling out another "light a candle" content. But be sure to snag that SEASON PASS!

Can you please stop *****in' on EVERY single thread? Jeez man your so negative..

cfStatic
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM
It's a pretty safe assumption that the first DLC is already done and they could push it live whenever they wanted to. It was heavily implied that they decided to push it back in light of all the issues people were having for bug fix patches instead(there was supposed to be 2 before the SNAFU on the 16th, god knows now).

I hope it's soon that they decide to get around to getting the content to us. I'm waiting to see whats in it before I decide to pull the trigger on a season pass or not.

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Can you please stop *****in' on EVERY single thread? Jeez man your so negative..It's ok, I have you there to counter my realistic jabs, with your over positive fanboy'ism. It all balances out. Rose colored glasses for items that vanish, character corruptions, severe lack of content, new content consisting of "hit E 10 times for 1 quest", constant down times. Who am I kidding, this game is great.

Love the show though. No joke.

Blackwolfe
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
It's ok, I have you there to counter my realistic jabs, with your over positive fanboy'ism. It all balances out. Rose colored glasses for items that vanish, character corruptions, severe lack of content, new content consisting of "hit E 10 times for 1 quest", constant down times. Who am I kidding, this game is great.

Weapons vanishing was supposed to be fixed last patch, the servers and clients are getting more fixes for stability and crashes (there can be tons of reasons, and they can't always track them down all at once) as well, character corruptions, not encountered that? I agree that there needs to be more content though.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
It's ok, I have you there to counter my realistic jabs, with your over positive fanboy'ism. It all balances out. Rose colored glasses for items that vanish, character corruptions, severe lack of content, new content consisting of "hit E 10 times for 1 quest", constant down times. Who am I kidding, this game is great.

Agree the show is awesome.. And hell yes im a fanboy, I like Defiance damn it, especially the game! Sure i defend it and you bash it, We are both realistic in our arguments.. I think. Maybe im just more patient, like i've stated before i got my moneys worth with this game so i have no problem with it. To get even more content for free or payed is fine by me.

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Weapons vanishing was supposed to be fixed last patch, the servers and clients are getting more fixes for stability and crashes (there can be tons of reasons, and they can't always track them down all at once) as well, character corruptions, not encountered that? I agree that there needs to be more content though.Sadly....

Weapons still vanish.
Several of my friends still have 30-50 free ego points from a glitch this past weekend.
No sizable worthwhile content anywhere in the horizon. (though fixing bugs should be priority #1)

Blackwolfe
04-23-2013, 06:02 PM
What platform are you on?

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM
PC of course....

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
PC of course....

Ouch, that problem hasn't happened to me on the PlayStation master race };]

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Ouch, that problem hasn't happened to me on the PlayStation master race };]Probably because I've read half a dozen threads about not getting updates quick enough on PS3. :)

Its the patches that often break things.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Probably because I've read half a dozen threads about not getting updates quick enough on PS3. :)

Its the patches that often break things.

Exactly! :] That's why I don't complain about no patch.

Hiero Glyph
04-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Can you please stop *****in' on EVERY single thread? Jeez man your so negative..

He's being negative because we don't even have access to all of the release content yet. Freightyard, pursuits that constantly reset, Dam Defense, PvP/Co-op servers that continually crash, etc. Let's be hoenst, there is a lot to be negative about.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 06:22 PM
He's being negative because we don't even have access to all of the release content yet. Freightyard, pursuits that constantly reset, Dam Defense, PvP/Co-op servers that continually crash, etc. Let's be hoenst, there is a lot to be negative about.

Fair enough, it has problems. But its not the worst thing in the world is it? I guess I just don't get so worked up over little things like that. But to be fair for Wrenito the PC/360 versions did get the shtako end of the stick.

Hiero Glyph
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Fair enough, it has problems. But its not the worst thing in the world is it? I guess I just don't get so worked up over little things like that. But to be fair for Wrenito the PC/360 versions did get the shtako end of the stick.

Yes, there are certainly varying levels of discontent. The PS3 seems to be getting the shortest end of the stick at this point for sure.

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Fair enough, it has problems. But its not the worst thing in the world is it? I guess I just don't get so worked up over little things like that. But to be fair for Wrenito the PC/360 versions did get the shtako end of the stick.I'm actually not very butthurt over it. Its a bad game right now, but I got my money's worth (40 bucks greenmangaming), and one play through. Far cheaper than other games even worse that I paid more for. Plus it may or may not get better with patching. Not worried.

Professor X
04-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah, really waiting for 2nd episode mission...also, can't seem to locate the 1st episode mission for my new character.