PDA

View Full Version : Treatment of PS3 owners is appalling, AVOID BUYING PS3 VERSION IF

rush
04-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Treatment of PS3 owners is appalling, AVOID BUYING PS3 VERSION IF You want the most up to date and patched version of Defiance... They way Trion has treated PS3 owners is despicable. Within 14 days they already started to drop support.. Now a week from that we are even more behind in patches..

A total disgrace and slap in the face of every PS owner.. This game was touted as a multi plat form launch and supported title.. Doing so only for 360 and PC isnt cutting it.

I have returned both of my $20 PSN cards I did have saved for the DLC/Season Pass.. No way in hell am I paying premium price for this content when Trion cant even get me simple patches on time. .Now we are 2 patches back.

I have a Clan that was 20 people deep a week into release.. More then half have already quit stating the support from Trion is pathetic at best.

AGAIN AS A CONSUMER WHO PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT I FEEL I HAVE THE NEED TO WARN OTHERS HOPEFULLY ITS NOT TO LATE. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY THE PS3 VERSION OF THIS GAME IF YOU WANT A SUPPORTED VERSION OR THE MOST UP TO DATE WITH PATCHES.

I have already posted this on metacritic and on Amazon.com.. I will never buy another Trion product again, I supported you only to get a slap in the face and nothing back in return.. Thus my support has ended like yours never started!!!!

Ikagawa
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm pretty sure people have covered this already, but Trion has no say in when they're able to patch the PS3 version of their game. That is up to the people that certify the data at Sony.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Treatment of PS3 owners is appalling, AVOID BUYING PS3 VERSION IF You want the most up to date and patched version of Defiance... They way Trion has treated PS3 owners is despicable. Within 14 days they already started to drop support.. Now a week from that we are even more behind in patches..

A total disgrace and slap in the face of every PS owner.. This game was touted as a multi plat form launch and supported title.. Doing so only for 360 and PC isnt cutting it.

I have returned both of my $20 PSN cards I did have saved for the DLC/Season Pass.. No way in hell am I paying premium price for this content when Trion cant even get me simple patches on time. .Now we are 2 patches back.

I have a Clan that was 20 people deep a week into release.. More then half have already quit stating the support from Trion is pathetic at best.

AGAIN AS A CONSUMER WHO PURCHASED THIS PRODUCT I FEEL I HAVE THE NEED TO WARN OTHERS HOPEFULLY ITS NOT TO LATE. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT BUY THE PS3 VERSION OF THIS GAME IF YOU WANT A SUPPORTED VERSION OR THE MOST UP TO DATE WITH PATCHES.

I have already posted this on metacritic and on Amazon.com.. I will never buy another Trion product again, I supported you only to get a slap in the face and nothing back in return.. Thus my support has ended like yours never started!!!!

I disagree, Buy the PS3 version, Less bugs! More fun! Farm Keycodes! Enjoy the Playstation forever! Go Team PS!

Aurora Skye
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Look on the bright side, PS3 owners got a LOT of extra time to farm keycodes before their nerf, and the last couple PC updates havent fixed a thing. You're not missing out on much, if anything.

carpesangrea
04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Why do people keep posting threads like this as if it's Trion's fault? It's a well known fact that Sony alone is responsible for patch scheduling on their end, and it's not like this is the first time or game on the ps3 where this has been a major issue.

Pyth
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
It's not that Sony sucks or that Trion doesn't care about the PS3 player base, it's just that certain things take more time on that platform.

Besides, they're the lucky ones out of all of us. The patch did more harm than good, not to mention that they're still able to farm hellbug emergencies for keycodes.

Jack The Bear
04-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Here is my question, Are we not sure that sony DENIED the patch? I mean it is possibly isnt it?.. Just a thought. :] Cause that patch did screw alot up.

Wrenito
04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Patches go through different approval processes for both Xbox and Sony. Sony typically is more stringent on their quality control, and patches typically come out slightly slower on them.

Not sure why you're complaining. If you saw the last couple patches that hit PC/Xbox, filled with glitches and bugs, you wouldn't want these patches.

Myst
04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Given what the other consoles got patch wise do you really want to get that? I know I wouldn't. I'm also guessing you haven't read the sticky that Sledge has put up in the PS3 section. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?47826-PS3-Patch-1.010-thru-Patch-1.012-Update

Ikagawa
04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Here is my question, Are we not sure that sony DENIED the patch? I mean it is possibly isnt it?.. Just a thought. :] Cause that patch did screw alot up.

Absolutely possible, but that would still make Sony the bottleneck.

Slayer
04-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Well, I've been actually able to play my game unlike many Xbox and PC users back near launch. I know there are still plenty of issues and bugs on PS3 but I'm grateful that I can even play it. As a PS owner, I do not feel 'slapped in the face'.

THE CRAZZED
04-23-2013, 06:15 PM

WoW as I respect your opinon, U r completly off on this. Take a lookk at the post below yours, this has been stated MANY MANY times already. WoW

mcwjimbo
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I've been critical of a lot of things BUT

PS3 issues mostly can be laid at Sony's feet. Every game ported over to a PS3 version has had issues etc due to sony using totally different coding than Microsoft Xbox and PCs.

sorry for your troubles but a lot of PS3 issues should be squarely laid on SONY

Hostee
04-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Liar, you can't return PSN cards once they are purchased..... Exaggerate some more please....

Cerne
04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty sure people have covered this already, but Trion has no say in when they're able to patch the PS3 version of their game. That is up to the people that certify the data at Sony.

At this point in time its not all on sony's end for fault a big part is trion they refuse to update us refuse to acknowledge us the thing thats pissing ppl off is not necessarily the lack of patch its the lack of communication to ps3 players i spent 1 hour waiting to hear from live support and all they can say is the patch is coming "soon"

When i asked why there is not a word from Trion about the ps3 patch informing us why there is a hold up or if we are even getting the damn thing on the forums or community the live support rep said he didn't know why the mods are not updating the community.

At this point in time Trion clearly doesn't give 2 ****s about the ps3 player base if they did they would at least post something like the patch is being worked on or awaiting approval sorry for the delay, but what do we get nothing not a peep from Trion. I will not invest any more money in there crap service several of my tickets were closed without a response as well

Blueandwhite87
04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
i hope they change and communicate better.

Cerne
04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
and yes sledge posted something FINALLY on the 22nd that they are working on the patch however that doesnt excuse the fact we have had to wait nearly 2 weeks for that "update" while pc and xbox have the patch and have regular posts about the patch and whats being worked on

Qei
04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
I bought my PS3 because I'm a FF "fanboi".

Blueandwhite87
04-23-2013, 07:09 PM
we need threads like this and mabey they will wake up and realize that even if its bad news its better then no news. If they said the patch isnt comming at all this week and were aiming for next week but no promises then i would be happy because its news, All we get is when we ask questions about this stuff is just being ignored....

IGN
04-23-2013, 07:10 PM
I disagree, Buy the PS3 version, Less bugs! More fun! Farm Keycodes! Enjoy the Playstation forever! Go Team PS!

This. Do it before they patch the fun out of the game and make it a buggy hackfest like the PC version is. Not sure about the 360 version, so can't say much.

Ikagawa
04-23-2013, 07:11 PM
I bought my PS3 because I'm a FF "fanboi".

I was a fan of Final Fantasy, too. Then I played X-2.

I relapsed and played XIII and remembered why I swore off the series after X-2.

Qei
04-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, I'm more so before the merger with Enix, but their RPGs are still second to none.

Myst
04-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Liar, you can't return PSN cards once they are purchased..... Exaggerate some more please....

Actually I forgot all about that this is true...

Rek Vio
04-23-2013, 07:19 PM

you did not even give one single reason why the service is so bad? Why would they drop support?

Cutlass Jack
04-23-2013, 07:22 PM
The last few patches created more problems than they fixed. PS3 Getting their patch late is nearly a Bonus not a penalty.:p

Mirimon
04-23-2013, 07:23 PM
pssst, sony, with the ps3, does provide not only free online services, but one of the most secure services. There is a reason ps3 shares a global, region free market and boasts more than twice the online players than xbox, while costing about $3,000 less over a 5 year period per console on both the customers and retailers..

PS has higher coding standards.. be thankful for that

Verios44
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
pssst, sony, with the ps3, does provide not only free online services, but one of the most secure services. There is a reason ps3 shares a global, region free market and boasts more than twice the online players than xbox, while costing about $3,000 less over a 5 year period per console on both the customers and retailers..

And to top that off, I am still using a fat 80 gb 2006 ps3. Little loud but works perfectly and never needed to repair or get a new unit.

Also, my unit has hard crashed maybe 3 times so far so I am happy about that to.

Schwa
04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
As an aside to all of the PS3 players angry they haven't gotten the patch yet-- I've been running into a few issues each night ever since they released the PC patch. Last night, even, I ran into an issue where I'd get zoned into an empty world-- no NPCs, no enemies, no friends.

The friends list is still broken from time to time, as is clan.

Count your lucky stars for missing this patch-- hopefully they'll catch you up soon with the fixes working right this time.

Dr EveHill
04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
This is so funny, the OP wants to tell anyone looking to play to not use the ps3, also I take it switching t one of the other platforms to play.

Yea let's all play on the platforms that get a buggy patch not 1 or two but what 3 patches so far and all have caused problems. Sony has increased there standards for a few reasons first many of us ps3 owners may remeber the hack attack where our psn accounts where hacked and personal info was gathered. Buggy patches is one way for hackers to infiltrate these platforms. Not that is the case here but they have become very strict with the quality as well and that is something many of the ps3 users have come to expect.

But I imaging if sony had let those patches through you guys would be crying that sony and trion suck for releasing patches that suck.

Trion does need to step up the game do not go releasing crappy patches. Sony needs to maybe pickup the pace too. But ultimatly give me a patch that works and wait that's what they are doing so stop crying or grab some cheese to go with your whine.

Rebel Raven
04-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I wish people would notice that the patch seemingly borked the game up more than it helped, and the PS3 not getting it yet HELPED massively. If we had gotten the patch, odds are good the OP, and many like the OP would be joining the chorus of the dissatisfied patched gamers.

Looks like no one wins here. People complain they don't have a shoddy patch made with good intentions, and people complain they did get the patch, and the patch messed things up.

jnt
04-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Anyone who got the patch removing keycodes from emergencies late should have been farming their *** off :P

Ichidakiller
04-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Here the thing no one seems to remember. PS3 is very difficult to program for. So why other clients get patches PS3 takes a little while longer to program for. So Xbox and PC are not that much different from each other in the terms of coding. The PS3 is a different beast all together cell tech (which Sony itself is dropping in favor of a more PC like/friendly programming platform with the next generation)

PS3 owners need to remember this fact. Instead of frothing out the mouth everytime they have to wait awhile for a patch. You bought a system that is very difficult to code for. PC and Xbox players do not and should not have to wait because the ps3 coding is hard.

Yes it sucks to have to wait. But deal with it. Next Gen you won't have to deal with this garbage because Sony is dropping the cell processor. You will get patches as soon as everyone else.

jonwes
04-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Guys, this guy is a troll who has posted this exact same topic multiple times already.

Ichidakiller
04-23-2013, 11:32 PM

I guess when you have to rebuild your network due to hackers causing a month long outage, it better be secure for round two.

You say coding standard, hahah
I say difficultly coding for the cell processor.

That's the reason PS3 owners wait for patches and dlc. You bought a system that's a pain in the arse to code for.

Mirimon
04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
I guess when you have to rebuild your network due to hackers causing a month long outage, it better be secure for round two.

You say coding standard, hahah
I say difficultly coding for the cell processor.

That's the reason PS3 owners wait for patches and dlc. You bought a system that's a pain in the arse to code for.

difficult.. yes.. just as difficult as it was to change from counting on fingers to using a ti-83.... increase in dev time.. yeah, IF a game was ever made using the cell.. for the most part the issue isn't the proc, but the OS.. you can throw raw data all day long at that cell proc and still get better performance than most off the shelf pc procs.. BUT.. oh but, had they coded for the cell (and the current procs from int/amd have similar structures now.. it's only a matter of time until they code for each core) my gawd would the games be fantastic!! The cell was a grand idea.. and not truly forgotten, it opened the way for the architecture we see today, and eventually the programming we hope to see.

also.. just like companies were hesitant to ship products out on bluray when it came out.. they didn't want to spend the extra time and money getting into it, when they could simply print off the same tech on the same media and call it "hddvd".. rather than learn and explore new ways, our programmers are content with standard c++ programming and x86 chipsets... even the ps2 had potential with system 246.. but the concept was too vast to honestly code for.

the choice is pretty clear.. the capabilities, low cost, durable hardware and ample media set the ps3 leagues ahead of xbox... but don't believe me, research the facts yourself, or, listen to the 40 million+ users online at any given time..

and yes.. I maintain versions of all platforms, to critique all aspects of them, past present and their potential, along with their library.

lol.. "pc friendly".. or "pc lazy".....

OcelotKharn
04-24-2013, 12:16 AM
From what I understand ps3 version is the most stable and works well, so why patch if it doesnt need it

Scath
04-24-2013, 12:41 AM

People have already told this guy multiple times but he's jut too ignorant and stubborn to listen, he's just letting his PS3 fanboyism get it the way of logic. Also just so people are aware I have never used the word "fanboy" before because of my hate for the word and the way people just throw it any-which-way because somebody defends a game...so you know how serious me using this word is...

Phrase Universe
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Rush is a troll. He/she has posted multiple threads like this already. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Era
04-24-2013, 01:38 PM
You realize that the delay is entirely the fault of Sony and would happen regardless of who the developer was right? And that it happens for EVERY Sony game, right?

Sony has to certify every single patch to every game on a Sony product. This means patch delays...for every single game.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-24-2013, 01:39 PM

Actually, I seem to recall that some of the first posts from Trion about the patch said that the PS3 patch was going to be delayed because of unanticipated problems or something like that, whereas now they just say logistics. I wonder if they started to see some of the problems that were going to hit the PCs and XBox and were trying to fix them before turning the patch over to Sony for certification.

Let's not forget that the Trion fanboys were blaming Sony for launch problems before the game even launched, and PS3 had the smoothest launch of the 3 platforms.

chrismeyer34
04-24-2013, 01:55 PM
if the next gen ps is gonna be more like a pc, then im gonna start getting worried cuz look at how many hackers are on pc and xbl, make the ps4 like that and youll have hackers like crazy breaking into psn accts left and right cuz then itll be a helluva lot easier to hack...they should just keep the coding the same, make it hard as hell for hackers to get into psn accts and if that means i have to wait for patches a little bit longer so my security is as strong as possible then so be it, no complaints here on the delayed patch lol

Mirimon
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
You realize that the delay is entirely the fault of Sony and would happen regardless of who the developer was right? And that it happens for EVERY Sony game, right?

Sony has to certify every single patch to every game on a Sony product. This means patch delays...for every single game.

what you call "delay" is called making the game/patch right the first time.. they spare the players the anguuish (usually) of crappy patches and borked games.. all while being region free...

Era
04-24-2013, 02:39 PM
what you call "delay" is called making the game/patch right the first time.. they spare the players the anguuish (usually) of crappy patches and borked games.. all while being region free...

Except that's powshtako. Trion develops the patch. Sony doesn't "make the patch right" at all.

ANTIDEAD
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
As someone who has both the pc and the ps3 version, I have to say it does make me want to stick to the PC moreso. Regardless of what's causing the delay, it sucks to feel left behind.

LaserJudas
04-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I always love it when people use "slap in the face."

As soon as I see that, I know that I can ignore everything else the author has to say.

PIRATEorNINJA
04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
why is everyone saying the opatch screwed up the pc version? i play on PC and i havent noticed any problems after the patches.
also who cares if you can farm keycodes...they are useless anyway. all you can do with then is get lockboxes and ive gotten several lockboxes and all of them have had JUNK in them. ive never gotten a good item from a lockbox and most of the stuff i have gotten has been the worst gear ive seen in the game. so what is the point of farming them? hel even selling the lockbox gear for scrip is a waste of time as the little scrip you get isnt worth the time spent to get the keys or the salvage to convert to keys

Blunthound
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM

^ I love how people post stuff like this as if they are gonna get somewhere. They have a crappy experience and just HAVE to tell everyone. Kinda how girls gossip in high school. Lol. I have the game on PS3 since it came out, and my brother has it on xbox, he wishes he bought a p$3 now lol. Now what this rush D.B. Obviously doesn't know is that the patches are coming, perhaps a bit behind, but they are coming. Now, UN twist your panties and stop posting on a community forum that people use that enjoy the game. Play or don't play, I don't care, just stop taking up forum space to B*tch

Blunthound
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
I always love it when people use "slap in the face."

As soon as I see that, I know that I can ignore everything else the author has to say.
I couldn't agree more

Nine Ba11
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
So you're *****ing because you're not getting a broken patch? Good god, you sir, need to surrender your life.

Seriously, why do the PS Fanbooys constantly complain that they don't get stuff everyone else does? I could understand if the patch fixed everything, but it didn't, and getting keycodes is time consuming now as opposed to quick and easy in the version you're currently playing. I don't see how they're treating you unfairly in the least bit. We're all getting a messed up deal that will be fixed eventually, so shut the **** up, sit back and farm your KCs. When the patch that fixes everything is here, and if you don't get that one, then, and ONLY then, can you post stupid **** like this. Go rage at some plants, or something.

Misanthrope 1
04-24-2013, 03:39 PM
compared to others.. yeah.. even the fbi and cia get hacked, nearly every month. xbox isn't free from hacking either.. infact, it has had 8x as many hacking issues. (both for information theft and general modification, the xbox360 is the most hacked platform in the world.. mostly because it needs hacked just to even attempt to do what a ps3 does out of the box, btu also because most xbox customers are clueless and seem to enjoy losing money.. I refer you to their marketing.. where you convert real money.. more than is needed.. into chunks of microsoft points, to purchase content that, if the publisher had any say in it, would otherwise be free..)

but.. consider this.. there is a difference in hacking the PSN network, where sales transactions take place.. and hacking the general ps3 user data..

furthermore.. were you a person interested in money.. would you go where there are over 40 million accounts? or where there are barely 20mil?... ( consider also.. why waste time hacking an inferior system that is consistently down for unknown issues.... ahem.. xbl....)

now.. mind you, even to this day, MS insists it has never had a hacking of xbl services.. but testimony, witnesses, and evidence CLEARLY shows otherwise, there are several neutral 3rd party companies keeping score on that front.

We as people tend to see only negatives, and get stuck on seeing something soo broadly advertised/reported on that we think it's a huge issue, when in reality we are adding up the number of times something negative has been said rather than adding up the number of times something negative has actually happened.

plus.. ps3 lets me safely surf all the pron i want, pop-up and virus free..

anyways.. I didn't state it was never hacked.. like any lock, no matter how well made, people will endeavor to crack it, such is the game of security.. I simply stated how secure it was.. accounting the over 40 million accounts, the number affected was, as a ratio, considerably less than the number of xbl accounts affected.. which has been hacked several times every year since 2005..

oh.. and ps3 ain't never killed nobody or burnt down their homes..., put that in ur pipe and smoke it.
its astonishing to read the amount false information in your posts in this topic. its like you're living in some alternate reality that doesnt exist and i highly doubt you've ever experienced xboxlive because you clearly know nothing about it.

Mirimon
04-24-2013, 06:16 PM
its astonishing to read the amount false information in your posts in this topic. its like you're living in some alternate reality that doesnt exist and i highly doubt you've ever experienced xboxlive because you clearly know nothing about it.

to rebut a statement, one requires facts.. void of that all you have is nonsense....

Teizar
04-24-2013, 06:42 PM
PSN better not drop the ball for Destiny Bungies new title sense it was stated that Destiny will be PS3-PS4 Xbox 360-nextgen

I understand that console security for PSN is vary tight and they don't want to put there players at risk again as with past patchers leaving loopholes and expoitables to hit CreditCard info so im sorry that your PS3 isn't being supported as well as you hoped

did you know that, an i safly assume its cause they are releasing PS4

Deirachel
04-24-2013, 06:48 PM
If you are surprised by DLC/Patch delays on PS3 you are an idiot.

Skyrim - Release 11-11-2011
Dawnguard XBox - 5-29-2012 PS3 - 2-26-2013
Hearthfire Xbox 9-4-2012 PS3 2-19-2013
Dragonborn Xbox 2-12-2013

Skyrim was one of the best launches of a non-shooter in recent memory. But it two almost 1.5 YEARS for the first DLC to hit PS3. This is Sony and their jacked up programing language.

GodSpark
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
to rebut a statement, one requires facts.. void of that all you have is nonsense....

Not if that statement is pure shtako. There is no need to rebut something that was never valid to begin with.

Assasino
04-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Um do not put Skyrim in here, Bethesda clearly did/does not know how to program as they have pulled the same stuff on Sony before. That was moresso the reason for dlc delay well that and Bethesda has always been in bed with Microshaft.
Anyhow back on topic i tend to agree if the patch had issues for PC/Xbox then i would rather them take time to get it working properly even as annoying as the freezes have been

RegularX
04-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Skyrim was one of the best launches of a non-shooter in recent memory. But it two almost 1.5 YEARS for the first DLC to hit PS3. This is Sony and their jacked up programing language.

OMFG that is so funny.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-skyrim-texture-problems-on-xbox-360
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114453-Skyrim-Patch-Makes-Dragons-Fly-Backwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdfEsZxDmNQ
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/63065/Skyrim-PC-Patch-Leads-To-Civil-Unrest

Bethesda fanboys. Always the funniest peoples.

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Meh this game fits console perfectly...

Malachi
04-25-2013, 09:23 AM

This ^^

Has nothing to do with Trion. They would love to release the patch immediately to PS3...but SONY slows them down.

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM

You are an ignorant beast.

Reapersprey
04-25-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd rather have a working patch that takes a little longer to come out than some jury rigged patch that cause ten times more problems than it fixes but if want to whine and leave i don't think to many people in the PS3 community are going to miss you.

Jthreau
04-25-2013, 09:40 AM
I purchased the PS3 version over the PC version for a few reasons and have yet to regret my decision. If you're thinking about buying the PS3 version, go for it. However, make sure that you're not someone who is hungry for patches.

mrarkhunter
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
I approve this thread title

Xionsmith
04-25-2013, 12:39 PM
If PS3 wasn't so darn hard to code for, we wouldn't have a problem.

Evilution
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not so sure the coding for ps3 is the problem, I think it's the testing and them giving the go ahead for patches which causes the delays. I played DCUO from release and they put out majority of their patches and DLC's out at the same time for both PC and PS3. The only delay you usually get is when you have to wait for the psn store update but that's weekly and different days for different regions. There has been the odd delay difference due to certifying patches that I have come across during my time on there and sometimes EU have allowed it before USA and vice-versa. PC has had a few slightly earlier due to not needing to wait for psn updates but nothing well ahead in time difference.

It could be that SOE are better at coding for PS3 because they are a Sony company or if it is the coding, they wait until it's ready for both platforms before announcing them and then release them simultaneously. If it's the case of them waiting until they have both ready before announcing and releasing, it isn't a bad move because it negates the uproar you get from delays on one side of the player base.

Mirimon
04-25-2013, 04:46 PM

^^ must not play games..

as neat as skyrim was.. it was the buggiest release from bethesda...worse still.. the patches and dlc for xbox made the game even worse for it... ps3 got all of that dlc, eventually, when they did they got it right and fixed some coding issues already present..... get a clue guy.

since we like to throw around things that are not relevant to defiance..

recall that ff11.. a truly cross platform mmorpg, which is still going on..launched on pc and PS2... continued to ps3 (because sony does cool stuff like that) and only AFTER the next ms console, the 360 came it.. did ms have a console capable of BARELY playing it... sad is.. for years the ps2 not only outsold the 360, but outperformed it....

again.. the consumer market trend, globally abandoning the 360 in favor of the ps3 has been on going for years now (though, to this day.. people speak soo little of it that most of those who still play xbox haven't bothered to look up and wonder where everybody went..) and no.. pls don't come back with some rediculous "sales" numbers for consoles... leaving out the faact that you and/or the store you purchase from only had to sell that ps3 once, while on average a 360 is replaced every 4 months, and they count it as a "sale"...

ianshady
04-25-2013, 05:23 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50998-Patch-Update-April-26th-8-45AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-PS3

Nukeem
04-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah they changed it now its the 29th they want to "test" patch more truth is probably more like they don't work weekend's and dont want to be bothered to fix something they break knowing the track record.

Eisberg
04-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Sooo, there goes the idea that PS3 versions of the patch would be better because it takes longer, seeing how they are getting the same exact version of the patch that the Xbox/PC version already got. Be prepared to no longer have scope site on some weapons, since that was fixed in the patch after the one coming to PS3, you'll have to wait for Sony to approve that fix.

Mindfix
04-25-2013, 05:48 PM
^^ must not play games..

as neat as skyrim was.. it was the buggiest release from bethesda...worse still.. the patches and dlc for xbox made the game even worse for it... ps3 got all of that dlc, eventually, when they did they got it right and fixed some coding issues already present..... get a clue guy.

since we like to throw around things that are not relevant to defiance..

recall that ff11.. a truly cross platform mmorpg, which is still going on..launched on pc and PS2... continued to ps3 (because sony does cool stuff like that) and only AFTER the next ms console, the 360 came it.. did ms have a console capable of BARELY playing it... sad is.. for years the ps2 not only outsold the 360, but outperformed it....

again.. the consumer market trend, globally abandoning the 360 in favor of the ps3 has been on going for years now (though, to this day.. people speak soo little of it that most of those who still play xbox haven't bothered to look up and wonder where everybody went..) and no.. pls don't come back with some rediculous "sales" numbers for consoles... leaving out the faact that you and/or the store you purchase from only had to sell that ps3 once, while on average a 360 is replaced every 4 months, and they count it as a "sale"...

So many blatant lies here it's hardly funny.

Skyrims release buggy as it was was definitely not Bethesda's worst release. It also seems obvious that you did not play any of the DLC when it released for Xbox, so you really have no experience with how it performed.

As for the late releases with DLC it had everything to do with coding issues with the system itself as confirmed by Bethesda and Sony, which is not uncommon with the PS3.

Not even sure why you started to ramble on about sales and the other crap.

Oveur
04-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Howdy all,

There are a ton of reasons why any of our platforms can get out of sync.

If there was only a single reason, I wouldn't be having heart attacks nor nightmares with space unicorns chasing me. No really, there is no single reason.

Playstation 3 are behind today and we're really sorry for that.

Right now, like, literally now, we've worked out most issues and gone through most of the process. That means that we'll be able to patch to Playstation, the big client patch with all the recent server fixes since then Monday or Tuesday.

Why not today? Because final testing starts today and will continue over the weekend.

Yes, of course we do work weekends. Assuming anything else is quite frankly, silly :)

Jaun
04-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Howdy all,

If there was only a single reason, I wouldn't be having heart attacks nor nightmares with space unicorns chasing me. No really, there is no single reason.

Right now, like, literally now, we've worked out most issues and gone through most of the process. That means that we'll be able to patch to Playstation, the big client patch with all the recent server fixes since then Monday or Tuesday.

Why not today? Because final testing starts today and will continue over the weekend.

Yes, of course we do work weekends. Assuming anything else is quite frankly, silly :)

Hey this is reassuring :) Really though I think the PS3 version will be fine in the long run...

alpharougewarx
04-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Howdy all,

*W* awesome and i understand

brycemorr84
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Howdy all,

Well said. I just wish a little more communication was used so we dont end up getting threads like this. But then again I like laughing when the TC get owned by you guys.

DaMaJaDiZ
04-25-2013, 06:31 PM

I like you're attitude. You're gonna go far, kid!

J_matt
04-25-2013, 06:59 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50998-Patch-Update-April-29th-8-45AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-PS3

here you go now hopefully people wont complain as much now about a patch

PookLove
04-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Be honest the patch wasn't that great. I would take more keycodes over the patch any day. But whatever.

ALPHA REB0RN
04-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Howdy all,

I am just happy it is finally on it's way -CHEERS-

SSlarg
04-26-2013, 04:35 AM
I am quite happy being patchless ATM
farming keycodes, higher exp, and random quests!!!
I dread the patch lol

IMRavnos
04-26-2013, 07:31 AM
First off, I don't read the forums several hours a day so can someone who is not a jerk explain :

"More key code farming vs a patch"
Not sure what this referes to unless it's the part of the patch about only getting rewards if you contribute to an Arkfall.

Second, I prefer the PS3 version to the broken and almost unplayable 360 version.

Also I don't seem to get most of the bugs other PS3 users get. Not sure why that is.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Howdy all,

Howdy, Oveur. The thread announcing the date of the PS3 patch links to the list of bugs in the patch that the PC and Xbox players received. Does that mean that you're planning to introduce all of those bugs to the PS3 version? I'd really prefer that you didn't.

Tyrannos
04-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!