PDA

View Full Version : could you please teach you server how to keep count.

tuckerpb
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
i hate pvp but at least i am trying. tho it is really tough to find a reason to even do it for the achivments then the stupid server can't keep count. i had atlease at one time 14 kills total. then when i did another one it just showed the 3 i just got.
this is not just happening with pvp but with arkfall kill totals. please for all that is good and holy fix it.

OGkush
04-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Contact Live support they might help you with them if your lucky.

Blackwolfe
04-23-2013, 06:13 PM
The only thing live support can help you with is to say "The devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix".

OGkush
04-23-2013, 06:14 PM
The only thing live support can help you with is to say "The devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix".

That is not always the case.

Blackwolfe
04-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, it's something that has happened for quite some time now to alot of people so I assume the devs are working on a fix for it. Also, one of the occurances is in the know issues post:

Team Deathmatch kills are being reset after each match is completed for some players.

Antomus
04-23-2013, 06:37 PM

As opposed to? "Oh, thank you, you're the 426th person to report this issue. Because you hit the magic number we will now be taking the servers down IMMEDIATELY to resolve this bug!"

Skydive
04-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Keeping count isn't an easy thing to do, simply because not everyone has zero ping to the server. Everyone is going to have various connection speeds to the server, take for example in real time two people get off a killing shot at something or a person, which person does the server attribute the kill to? Most probably the person with least packet loss as the game does an odd compensation thing to account for ping differences.

Bored Peon
04-23-2013, 08:10 PM
So you complain about innacurate kill count on a scoreboard?

At least your scoreboard does not show up as all 0s like mine does half the time.

I am sometimes curious about how well I do compared to others in a group. However when it comes to bugs needing to be fixed, scoreboards to stroke peoples egos falls WAYYYYYYYYY to the bottom on a priority list.

tuckerpb
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
no i was complaining about the achivment count, i could not care any less about the scoreboard.

Muffins
04-24-2013, 02:27 AM
I think you're mistaken, the server isn't some sentient being you can just tell to roll over, to teach it how to count or anything like a dog or person. It's a bunch of code written by people who are most likely knowledgeable in terms of technology