PDA

View Full Version : Salvaging mods are expensive

Drakeos99
04-23-2013, 06:17 PM
really 28k per mods way to expensive to acually farm them :(

alienoid
04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
really 28k per mods way to expensive to acually farm them :(

Just spent 58k to get my mods back from my bolt action rifle ;)

Drakeos99
04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
That way to expensive 2k to remove all mods in my gun = cheap but 28k to remove certain mod out of the gun into next kinda feel ripped off

jnt
04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
I like to buy the white Is for 500 and just vendor the whole weapon when I max the xp on it :P

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Working as intended.

Trion wants to sell you salvage for additional money.

Myst
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Okay so that's why you guys are running out of it. Lol I haven't modded a thing and never really knew the prices of modding I suppose I'll lose all of mine when I start modding my weapons but I always thought it was best for primarily orange or at least purple weapons.

WhiteCell
04-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Okay so that's why you guys are running out of it. Lol I haven't modded a thing and never really knew the prices of modding I suppose I'll lose all of mine when I start modding my weapons but I always thought it was best for primarily orange or at least purple weapons.

Honestly modification(the limited ones that actually are obtainable right now) contributions are so marginal you can completely forgo them without it negatively impacting your success in the game. Considering there is literally nothing else game/gear wise to do people do it to occupy themselves.

jnt
04-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Honestly modification(the limited ones that actually are obtainable right now) contributions are so marginal you can completely forgo them without it negatively impacting your success in the game. Considering there is literally nothing else game/gear wise to do people do it to occupy themselves.

+magazine capacity is super handy for me. I have a 68 round capacity 12 fire rate AR. Man oh man does it eat through ammo.

Myst
04-23-2013, 10:03 PM

Figured that would be the case, I haven't modded cause I saw no reason to. I did mod one Assault rifle with a scope but I hated it so much I just ripped it off and never did it again, (never did see that it cost anything to put it on or take it off though). I guess I just assumed most wouldn't even matter so eh. It didn't seem like it would give Borderlands effects especially since most weapons I find have elements already and do better damage than the other weapon I jut switch them out.

Zov
04-23-2013, 10:06 PM
+magazine capacity is super handy for me. I have a 68 round capacity 12 fire rate AR. Man oh man does it eat through ammo.

Yeah I love my 119 SAW LMG.

jnt
04-23-2013, 10:07 PM

I always hate it when I have to vendor nice guns but they're so useless until you get max skill.

crasher
04-23-2013, 11:22 PM

I put scopes and barrels on mine, too.
I love to snipe mobs with those things.

marv1
04-24-2013, 01:35 AM

I love my 135 round saw

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 02:03 AM

Ironic since frequent and rapid full reloads enable one of the best perks and the best purple+ bonus in the game and AR is a weapon category that can do this very well. ;>

Figured that would be the case, I haven't modded cause I saw no reason to. I did mod one Assault rifle with a scope but I hated it so much I just ripped it off and never did it again, (never did see that it cost anything to put it on or take it off though).

Scopes are ****ed up. Unless you use it on a hip fire weapon such as SMGs or shotguns you're going to regret it. Sad truth ... since that could've come up during beta or while playing the game as a dev. .____.

The other 3 types seem not that significant if you look at the vendor mods, but they do add up, 3% total damage here, 5% quicker reload there for only 1000 scrip that you wouldn't need anyway.
And the blue mods are significant even if you look at each one on their own. I don't know how many MMOs you played, but eg. 7% overall damage is nothing to laugh at.