PDA

View Full Version : Sooo anyone wanna BS about something other than Beta codes??

Grit
03-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Alrighty, anyone out there wanna BS about the game a bit?

Things that I'm looking forward to..
1. Customization
2. huge world
3. seeing what kind of crazy stuff i can find
4. meeting some likeminded gamers
5. killin giant bugs

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 05:46 AM

1. Customization
2. huge world
5. killin giant bugs

Lol, thank god there are people that do not BS about beta codes,. Honestly that is all I am seeing now. It really displeases me.
I am looking foreward to just playing the game with my school buddies and friends from like 10 years ago. Bwwahahaha

Donnyrides
03-20-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm looking forward to playing a MMO on xbox. I've wanted this for such a long time. I just hope that the lack of a subscription fee doesn't mean that trion can pull the plug at any time.

I am also interested to see how the game and tv series play off of each other.

The entire concept is so interesting to me that I really had no choice but to pre-order the game.

* Just one side note, do any of you know how we link our xbox gamer tag to our defiance.com account? I've been hunting these arkfall codes down for a while now, but I don't understand how I am going to attach the benefits of the arkfall codes to my xbox account. And while I'm on the topic, do you think these arkfall codes can be used with multiple characters (if having multiple characters is allowed)?

Grit
03-20-2013, 06:03 AM
I hope some of the guys i've been gaming with for the past 5 yrs pick this game up, if not, it's gonna be a bit of a drag at first until i start meeting some ppl..thats one of the reasons i'm on the forums here. MMO on the 360 is certainly an interesting idea and i hope it works out pretty well. I know DCU:Online had some issues with the PS3 version.

From what i've read here on the site in different topics the link code will be inside the retail copy. I know CoD:W@W had a way to link stats to the forums there and the code was in game in one of the menus. I'm sure inside the game case there will be a little card with a code or two on it for all the cool things games give out when they're purchased new. As for used game buyers i'm sure there will be some kind of MSP fee or microtransation to like the GT and site together.

Honestly all the quads and dunebuggies in this game make me just wanna drive and forget about shooting things. For some reason i can see myself going on adventures just exploring the areas...ya know being level 5 and accidentally running into level 30 monsters....that's always fun hahaha!!

Zalm
03-20-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm looking forward to playing a MMO on xbox. I've wanted this for such a long time. I just hope that the lack of a subscription fee doesn't mean that trion can pull the plug at any time.

This...100% I cant wait for the 360's first ever non subscription based mmo.

Radz
03-20-2013, 06:07 AM

I am also interested to see how the game and tv series play off of each other.

The entire concept is so interesting to me that I really had no choice but to pre-order the game.

* Just one side note, do any of you know how we link our xbox gamer tag to our defiance.com account? I've been hunting these arkfall codes down for a while now, but I don't understand how I am going to attach the benefits of the arkfall codes to my xbox account. And while I'm on the topic, do you think these arkfall codes can be used with multiple characters (if having multiple characters is allowed)?

Due to the connection to the show, I don't think that the lack of subscription will be an issue since they'll get some money from that.

Grit
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
when does the show start or is it already up and running? I don't catch the SyFy channel all that often... mainly because i have no interest in Megamegladonasaurus vs Octosnakeheadfishapus staring Dean Cain...

Radz
03-20-2013, 06:14 AM
when does the show start or is it already up and running? I don't catch the SyFy channel all that often... mainly because i have no interest in Megamegladonasaurus vs Octosnakeheadfishapus staring Dean Cain...

It starts April 15th. Apparently, the two weeks between the game launch and the show starting, the game will lead up to the start of the show.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 06:14 AM

It starts April 15th, so he have time to go through the story mission in the game. The game is supposed to happen about 2-4 weeks before the story of the show...at least that what I think Trost said in the Gamespot interview/preview.

lol....Dean Cain...Syfy champion there.

Grit
03-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Ahh ok APril 15th is a monday, that mean it won't get in the way of VIKINGS haha!! Hardest part for me to actually sit and watch tv is that i'd rather be gaming, thank goodness for OnDemand :D also i did notice that Julie Benz is in the show... beautiful pittsburgh girl there!!

wig
03-20-2013, 06:45 AM
I won't watch the t.v show unless Angelina Jolie turns up in it lol, plus we don't watch t.v except DVD's in our house, alot cheaper than paying for a t.v licence.

Grit
03-20-2013, 06:52 AM
i pay way too much for cable and internet connection...but i've been using the cable more often than not lately.. probably because of the winter months...

I'm sure you could catch the show on Hulu or something like that or on SyFy's website...sometimes bigger channels like that that will put shows in their site...

Tzar of kaos
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Why 2 weeks between the game launch and the tv show? That' mostly the time Nolan & Irisa will spend driving from San Francisco to Defiance (St Louis).

Radz
03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Why 2 weeks between the game launch and the tv show? That' mostly the time Nolan & Irisa will spend driving from San Francisco to Defiance (St Louis).

It could be a "flashback." It's likely the case, especially if the quests with Nolan and Irisa remain even after the game launches.

I think they're going to try and make it like all players start at the same time initially and after the tutorial style missions we'll say that times are different.

Tzar of kaos
03-20-2013, 10:18 AM
@Radz: i got this from a French interview with Grant Bowler...For the rest i don't know.But as they said you can play the game without watching the tv show and watch the tv show without playing the game.Or do both of course.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 10:23 AM
@Radz: i got this from a French interview with Grant Bowler...For the rest i don't know.But as they said you can play the game without watching the tv show and watch the tv show without playing the game.Or do both of course.

one without the other is possible, but there will be tie ins from the game to show and show to game that fills gaps and plot holes the opposite might have. Something along those lines might make people curious and sell more games just so they can figure out the backstory of stuff.

Edibl3z
03-20-2013, 10:29 AM
I would really like to see TV show Events that happen In game. for instance maybe something happens in the show and later In the week we can help play that event in game and get bonus xp or an event costume.

Perx89
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
I'am asking myself a certain thing regarding the game: how many players will be able to play on one xbox servers at a time? Hope its not like BF3 for example, where we have a limited amount of 24 players, that would really suck....

Buruko
03-20-2013, 10:38 AM
I'am asking myself a certain thing regarding the game: how many players will be able to play on one xbox servers at a time? Hope its not like BF3 for example, where we have a limited amount of 24 players, that would really suck....

The game world is persistent, you will be playing with as many players that are in a given area, MS literally has to make new tag for number of players to 1000+ for the box.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 10:39 AM

its an MMO...no confirmed numbers, but the back of the game case will say 1-10,000+ and co-op will be 2-10,000+. Speculation is that each server will be about 10-25k strong, and each instance in the server might be a couple thousand at a time.

Perx89
03-20-2013, 10:45 AM
That sounds amazing, damn, I cant wait...

Zalm
03-20-2013, 10:48 AM
That sounds amazing, damn, I cant wait...

check the current stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Streaming now, and they are only in alpha. That means a very small player base of only a few thousand at most. the full release will have 10s of thousands. Easily.

ironhands
03-20-2013, 10:51 AM
lol....Dean Cain...Syfy champion there.

When I see that name in a cast list, I turn it off. That, or an Asylum production.

Perx89
03-20-2013, 11:26 AM
check the current stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Streaming now, and they are only in alpha. That means a very small player base of only a few thousand at most. the full release will have 10s of thousands. Easily.
This doesn't make it easier at all, now I literally CANT WAIT anymore :mad::rolleyes:

Lady Genevieve
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that we will have events that tie into the show. If I remember correctly one of the events they mentioned talked about some kind of plague or disease that we in game will have to try to collect materials to form a cure for and that the show will change based on whether or not we complete said challenge.

Now that i think of it, I think they mentioned it in a talk with the Head of Trion and a guy from SyFy channel. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyVWIL7AN4. The talk about the crossover events starts around the 25 minute mark.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 11:37 AM
the beta is only a few days away at most, or on right now for ps3. Then the game is less than a week after the beta. So it all comes pretty quick like. Just gotta calm down and be patient.

Edibl3z
03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that we will have events that tie into the show. If I remember correctly one of the events they mentioned talked about some kind of plague or disease that we in game will have to try to collect materials to form a cure for and that the show will change based on whether or not we complete said challenge.

Now that i think of it, I think they mentioned it in a talk with the Head of Trion and a guy from SyFy channel.

very cool stuff.

FuzCoveredInRed
03-20-2013, 01:06 PM
this game looks amazing and im so excited that the beta got extended to this weekend.....i fell in love with this game when IGN showcased an hour of gameplay....at first i was like meh an MMO on 360.......then i saw that video and almost fainted......honestly i have been waiting for a MMO to come to 360 since i had DC Universe for the ps3....i love that game and i know it doesnt really compare but to know i can actually just play with friends and stuff and constantly do things and rank a ton of levels....it kind of makes me cream my jeans :-D

MAUL xx
03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
I just preordered the game last night. I'm mainly interested in the PVE coop aspect of the game.
There is going to be alot of meat for coop right? That's really what interests me as I'm not a PVPer.

I'm trying to get some friends in so I can have a full team. So far I may only have one taker so I may have to meet some new people that are interested in coop & PVE in game or join a guild.

Hope the game is solid. I watched the live stream & did see some screen tear & a few hiccups but nothing extreme. Watching the stream (i didn't watch it live) convinced me to get the game. I'm not big on MMOs but I like the Guild Wars 2 style payment structure... Buy the game & play with no subs. I also like how things look to be somewhat simplified like no classes & use what weapons you want. Some parts did remind me of borderlands but hopefully it's not too much like it. Guess I'll find out during the beta on the 22nd.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I just preordered the game last night. I'm mainly interested in the PVE coop aspect of the game.
There is going to be alot of meat for coop right? That's really what interests me as I'm not a PVPer.

I'm trying to get some friends in so I can have a full team. So far I may only have one taker so I may have to meet some new people that are interested in coop & PVE in game or join a guild.

Hope the game is solid. I watched the live stream & did see some screen tear & a few hiccups but nothing extreme. Watching the stream (i didn't watch it live) convinced me to get the game. I'm not big on MMOs but I like the Guild Wars 2 style payment structure... Buy the game & play with no subs. I also like how things look to be somewhat simplified like no classes & use what weapons you want. Some parts did remind me of borderlands but hopefully it's not too much like it.

I dont think the game has a huge backing for PvP but it will be there. And meeting new players shouldn't be too hard, since its an open world MMO shooter, you might happen across random people to join in with you...or hell, they might just tag along for the hell of it. I know I plan on tagging along for some fun in random groups.

This game seems very much like Borderlands only its an open world MMO instead of lobby based game.

MAUL xx
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Can you share your mission objectives so others in your group can complete them?

Zalm
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Not sure...I think they have to take the mission as well, so they can technically do a mission without rewards, but if they actually took the mission, they get the rewards. Its kinda looking to be like any other mmo out there, other than the fact that its a shooter based one on multiple platforms.

MAUL xx
03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks Zalm.
I'm sure the beta will answer more questions. Normally I don't participate in betas but I can't wait to try the game out! I'm more looking forward to it as a demo so I know what it feels like & see the ins & outs of coop.

I'd like to see 4 seater vehicles or at least 2 seaters at some point down the road for coop. Maybe some guns mounted on there as well hehehe.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-20-2013, 10:48 PM
I am so psyched for the massive amount of people. This blows my mind. I am used to the 4 people from Borderlands, etc. I didn't honestly think the box could support that amount of players.
On the Dean Cain issue, SyFy has ran his name into the ground so far that it popped out in China. That and the various shark, octopus, seal, insertanimalhere Vs. insertanimalhere.

KaosPenguin
03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Sooo... do you guys like... stuff?

Paladin
03-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Sooo... do you guys like... stuff?
You.....you got any Death sticks?

That_MF_Wolf
03-21-2013, 12:03 AM

1. Customization
2. huge world
5. killin giant bugs

I just want to be a Starship Trooper!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
That MF wolf. He always getting into our houses and eatin' our people! Get outta here wolf!

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Kinda curious though if we will be able to hit 120 arkfall codes, or at least 105, before launch. We are only up to 89 confirmed as of right now.

That_MF_Wolf
03-21-2013, 01:41 AM
That MF wolf. He always getting into our houses and eatin' our people! Get outta here wolf!

LOL NO. I think i will stay.

his lord ship
03-21-2013, 02:22 AM
i just hope that syfy dont do, what they are famous for, and that is pulling the show half way througth , and we never get to see the end GAME, WE GUYS WHO LIKE MY SELF WHO ARE GOING TO SPEND **** LOADS OF MONEY FOR THIS GAME NEED REASURANCE THAT SYFY WILL SEE THIS TO THE END ????

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-21-2013, 02:30 AM
i just hope that syfy dont do, what they are famous for, and that is pulling the show half way througth , and we never get to see the end GAME, WE GUYS WHO LIKE MY SELF WHO ARE GOING TO SPEND **** LOADS OF MONEY FOR THIS GAME NEED REASURANCE THAT SYFY WILL SEE THIS TO THE END ????

Unfortunately there will be no guarantee how long show will go. Even if it fails and I hope it doesn't trion already said game will carry on. It isn't necessary to play and watch, if you do you'll get a bigger picture and a more immersive story.

Grit
03-21-2013, 05:44 AM
holy crap this topic took off yesterday!!

A lot of good posts and responses, that makes me happy. I can already see that the community here is a bit more.. umm "mature" than other gaming communities, that's a HUGE PLUS for this game in my book. It's hard to find good people to BS with and share some laughs while going on some adventures.

A buddy of mine is playin the PS3 beta now and in about two sentences i can tell he's pleased with the game. I'm gonna be going 360 of course and i think he'll be on the 360 as well, just happens to be he got the beta on PS3.

From reading the site it seems that the PVP events will happen more when the big ARK FALL things happen..who knows maybe certain sectors of the map are dedicated to PVP stuff.. i guess it's just all speculation. Really wish i could catch more vids and livestreams but where i work...i have no access to social media or youtube stuff.

wonder if i can make my arkhunter all chubby or if there are just standard layouts for character customization...Dragon's Dogma had great customization options lol...nothing like a potbellied rogue saving the day!!

spiky556
03-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I look forward to how the TV show will blend with the game :D

Donnyrides
03-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Off topic, but I like this thread so I'll add it here...

Is the term "Beta Test" meant to be a test of the product by a small group of user that are outside of the development team with the intent to draw feedback and make modifications based on said feedback? I'm pretty sure this game has been on the DVD burners for weeks now so no hard programming changes will be made from this point on. Only minor patch work. If I'm wrong I guess I'm wrong, but shouldn't they have called it a demo instead of a Beta?

Grit
03-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Donny,

I think it's more of a server stress test and hotfix/patch beta..that'd be my guess i mean the game drops in less than two weeks, pretty sure it's pressed and getting packed up..retail stores/video stores will have copies of the game by next friday...way back when i was in college i'd get to play all the "new games" the weekend before they released we were encouraged to check them out so we could tell customers about the games..

Tzar of kaos
03-22-2013, 06:04 AM
And yesterday it was all about mails & beta keys on multiple threads.Today it's about i got my beta key and let me tell you how i got it or how much time spend on download.And in 2 hours it will be i can't login (snif!).So somebody got something interesting to say in one (and only) thread....:)

Grit
03-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Well i got one of the codes the other day for the 360, didn't take all that long for me to DL, got another code via e-mail yesterday...

sadly i'm stuck at work until 3PM EST and then i have a bunch of crap to do after work soo i won't even get to the beta until around 5PM haha...

either way, i'm anxious to see how well the beta plays and what this game is offering. I've heard good things about it from a cpl buddies that have played the PS3 beta soo i have a lot of hope for what is in store for me when i get to fire up my 360 later on today!!

all i wanna do is blast some bugs and drive a vehicle off a cliff or two!! :D

Radz
03-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Well i got one of the codes the other day for the 360, didn't take all that long for me to DL, got another code via e-mail yesterday...

sadly i'm stuck at work until 3PM EST and then i have a bunch of crap to do after work soo i won't even get to the beta until around 5PM haha...

either way, i'm anxious to see how well the beta plays and what this game is offering. I've heard good things about it from a cpl buddies that have played the PS3 beta soo i have a lot of hope for what is in store for me when i get to fire up my 360 later on today!!

all i wanna do is blast some bugs and drive a vehicle off a cliff or two!! :D

Yeah, I'm at work and I've got plans tonight so I won't be able to play until like 9 PM ET.

I probably won't be able to play much tomorrow either since we're closing on a house next week and we're going out of town to look for a "scratch & dent" fridge for the new place.

Hell, my wife may not give me the chance to play at all since she's been all anti-gaming on me lately...

Grit
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Ahh man, you have a busy weekend. Keeping the wife happy is probably the most important part... unhappy wife may mean lots of things, all bad haha!!

i know with other betas that i've played in the past i tried to not go balls to the wall with them so i didn't "burn out" before the game hit or if there was something that bothered me about the beta i'd just turn it off so it didn't potentially spoil the final product for me.

mrsmileyyyyyyy
03-22-2013, 07:01 AM
you could always add me and bs so we could fix it and move on already haha

seany1977
03-22-2013, 07:10 AM
I am just looking forward to the whole thing. Gaming has got stale for me over the last year. I am sick of all these AAA titles that are raved about but are just linear, dumbed down and only 7 hours long. One of the few games I have rated in the last year was Borderlands 2. So Defiance looks like it hits the nail on the head for me. An MMO version of Borderlands with hundreds of hours of play and then throw in a Sci/Fi series for good measure. What's not to like :)

Mack
03-22-2013, 07:49 AM
The beta characters are getting erased after the betas over right?

Munki 77
03-26-2013, 06:30 PM
I won't watch the t.v show unless Angelina Jolie turns up in it lol, plus we don't watch t.v except DVD's in our house, alot cheaper than paying for a t.v licence.

Dude no TV licence for me either.
Just download everything :)