PDA

View Full Version : Is VBI TACC Assault Rifle suppose to be that powerful?

Atticus Finch
04-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Is the VBI TACC Assault Rifle suppose to be that powerful? I read somewhere on the forums that it doesn't suffer from falloff damage. Is that true? And is that a bug or is that suppose to be the way the gun is?

DarkShadowMark
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
It is actually very powerful.

Though you can get slightly more power from the FRC/Frontier heavy assault carbine (The one with a scope) with a controlled burst mag. It is CRAZY powerful.

Verios44
04-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I love TACC's those and Marzu blasters are my favorites.

Denim Samurai
04-23-2013, 09:15 PM
it's probably a bug that it doesn't have damage falloff. the SAW (FRC? LMG) has the same thing. It does probably need to be looked at as it is leaps and bounds better than most other ARs the only exception really being the heavy carbine.

Tgreen
04-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Is the VBI TACC Assault Rifle suppose to be that powerful?

It deals high burst damage ... obviously. This can be especially felt in solo play, just like sniper rifles with which you can one shot mobs - something that's not true anymore as soon as another player is around.
There is the regular VBI AR deals 222 damage, a lot less per bullet but also at a lot higher frquency making it better to apply nano effects that have a fixed chance per hit, making it equal in DPS and far superior with radiaton special in groups.

II read somewhere on the forums that it doesn't suffer from falloff damage. Is that true?

No, it is not.

the SAW (FRC? LMG) has the same thing.

You already said it yourself, SAW is a LMG ... certainly not the same thing as an assault rifle. O___o

Beta582
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
You already said it yourself, SAW is a LMG ... certainly not the same thing as an assault rifle. O___o

Still uses the same ammo pool though.....