PDA

View Full Version : Well now, this is truly frustrating and not a joke

eeyore
04-24-2013, 01:16 AM
I started a mission, and then someone else happened to come in, AFTER I had been working on that mission. I thought, "Okay, this is alright. It seems like maybe we are getting credit for certain things, on this mission that I began." I figured that it could be okay that they might earn a little xp off MY mission. So, I thought everything was good. They came in late on the mission that I STARTED, and they got some of my xp. That might be okay, maybe. Then, they reached the final point a little bit before me, after joining MY mission a little late. Then, guess what. They got credit for the whole mission, and I had to do the final stage all over again! NO! That is NOT right! What the ****?! REALLY? What's that all about?? I don't even...I can't...I don't have any words... :mad:

Fakinell
04-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Not really had that issue at all when randoms jump in and out of my mission.

Sucks.

Mawl
04-24-2013, 01:22 AM
you ever play like any mmo were there all like go kill this boss thats behind all these enemies and youre sitting there cutting your way through to the boss and youre about to get to him and some ****ing hunter shows up and shoots him first and gets credit and you have to wait forever for him to re-spawn, yeah point being that's normal

eeyore
It's not right. That's all.

Blastiel
I started a mission, and then someone else happened to come in, AFTER I had been working on that mission. I thought, "Okay, this is alright. It seems like maybe we are getting credit for certain things, on this mission that I began." I figured that it could be okay that they might earn a little xp off MY mission. So, I thought everything was good. They came in late on the mission that I STARTED, and they got some of my xp. That might be okay, maybe. Then, they reached the final point a little bit before me, after joining MY mission a little late. Then, guess what. They got credit for the whole mission, and I had to do the final stage all over again! NO! That is NOT right! What the ****?! REALLY? What's that all about?? I don't even...I can't...I don't have any words... :mad:

Never had this happen to be honest, credit goes to all in the vicinity of that mission ergo as long as they rucked up and did something you all get credit. Never had to restart or re-run.

Maximilion
04-24-2013, 01:40 AM
No, I've never had that happen to me, I'm usually glad of the assist, especially when there's multiple objectives and we can fan out and get them quicker. Always got credit for the whole mission - I would be miffed it I didn't though!

GimlisonofGloin
04-24-2013, 01:44 AM
I noticed playing in a group with a friend you only get xp off those killed if you had a hand in their death. You could fight a big boss and only shoot it once and then someone else takes care of the rest of him and you still get xp or recognition for it. fighting the grunts before hand I was only getting xp for ones we both shot and none off ones he alone killed. But the missions where you need to switch a few things off or something you just have to be in the area to get recognition for that.

eeyore
04-25-2013, 12:21 AM
I wasn't in a group, but we both were getting xp, and we both had a hand in finishing, but I got robbed. *sigh*

Oh well, Eeyore was a depressed pessimist kinda character anyway. I guess you could say my name fits. *sigh*

Going against character here (sort of), I gotta do this.

Q: Did you hear the one about the pessimist?

A: You wouldn't like it.

Dread0124
04-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Well...credit ussually goes out to the immediate area, some are bugged and you have to do it alone...What you have wrong is calling it YOUR mission, the only mission that is your mission are the solo missions that you cant be assisted with....seeing as how this is a sandbox, the only thing that is really yours is what you have on you.

eeyore
04-25-2013, 07:31 PM
I think it was a side mission, so, I guess that explains it all. Dang. Well, I got xp, and a few things to sell. *sigh*

No one got my joke? I guess that's okay. *sigh*