PDA

View Full Version : Nice Defiance community

TheLastDon
04-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Is it just me or does everyone you come across for the most part seem to be a pretty nice person in this game? I have met about 10 people in this game and talked to them in a party and all have been pleasant. It's quite a nice surprise when 99/100 people on Call of Duty are annoying little punks.

VonTreece
04-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Is it just me or does everyone you come across for the most part seem to be a pretty nice person in this game? I have met about 10 people in this game and talked to them in a party and all have been pleasant. It's quite a nice surprise when 99/100 people on Call of Duty are annoying little punks.

That's usually the norm with MMO crowds.
You're not going to have as many little squeakers playing an MMO as you would see play CoD or other popular FPS games.
They're still there.. Trust me.. Just not as much.

Panthan
04-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Same oberservation, (nearly) everyone I ran into is fairly nice friendly and polite. Im guessing its parcially because of the audience attracted to the game and game actually rewards being civil.
The average mmo created an envirement that actually rewards jerkish behavour, rewarding people for rushing ahead of you to claim ownership on mobs and ninja-looting groundspawns when someone else is bussy clearing the path.
But what ever the reason is , it does create a welcome envirement.

Arsenic_Touch
04-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Are you a magician? talking to people?! teach us oh great wizard! We must know your ways.

Cl Chaos
04-24-2013, 02:24 AM

lol till u get on the forums and ppl troll

@Arsenic_Touch ya i know right i rarely hear ppl talk when i do they just all b****

TheLastDon
04-24-2013, 02:24 AM
You're not going to have as many little squeakers playing an MMO as you would see play CoD or other popular FPS games.

Good to know. This is my first MMO. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

RegularX
04-24-2013, 02:26 AM

Troll!! Begone with such flamebait.

In before the lock.

alienoid
04-24-2013, 02:27 AM
Are you a magician? talking to people?! teach us oh great wizard! We must know your ways.

Actually, I talk to people too ;) EU PC server is pretty alive.

Technodude
04-24-2013, 02:39 AM
Actually, I talk to people too ;) EU PC server is pretty alive.

I am on EU pc server too and i haven't read or heard one word said in chat or voice for weeks.

TheLastDon
04-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Troll!! Begone with such flamebait.

In before the lock.

How is this trolling? This is Xbox 360 General discussion about the game. This is a legit observation I'm making about how nice the community is as a whole. You're the only one flaming this post! Do you not know the meaning of "General," in the context of "General Discussion?"

TheLastDon
04-24-2013, 02:45 AM

LOL. The first week the voice worked for me when someone joined my group, but hasn't worked since. What I do is add the person as a friend and then invite them to a party. Most of the people I've run into come into the party and talk.

Eital
04-24-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm guessing it's because the chat system in this game is bad so it's a pain to socialize. Only the nicer people are willing to make that effort.

Does chatting in co-op maps even work? Never seen a single word there.

Armitage
04-24-2013, 03:07 AM
I know I have the chat all muted...due how it's presently working. Probably not alone in that. I'm usually on the KTAM radio mumble server anyway, so that works for chat. All kinds of cool people wander in and end up staying. Almost don't even mind in-game not working.

Not that it doesn't really _need_ fixing. It does. Soon. Not the end of the world, though. Overall, the people I have managed to chat with in-game have been exceedingly decent.

Sanzor
04-24-2013, 03:12 AM
World chat is pretty quiet, but I've been in a few Coop maps where chat was lively.
Even grouped with a few random players when finding out they were on the same mission steps.

RegularX
04-24-2013, 03:37 AM
How is this trolling? This is Xbox 360 General discussion about the game. This is a legit observation I'm making about how nice the community is as a whole. You're the only one flaming this post! Do you not know the meaning of "General," in the context of "General Discussion?"

This community might be nice, but it lacks a certain sense of forum humor

PoLeo
04-24-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm usually nice, but I have my moments.

Ninno20
04-24-2013, 03:53 AM
I agree, iv had hours of fun with random people. This game is awesome with random people to have a laugh with, finding new ways to annoy the crap out of people and what not.

Atticus Finch
04-24-2013, 04:36 AM

In an MMO if you're obnoxious people will mute you and you'll slowly self-ostracize yourself out of the community. In games like COD, you're constantly in a new lobby with new people every 10-15 minutes. So you can act like an idiot in those games without any lasting reprucussion

RegularX
04-24-2013, 04:40 AM
In an MMO if you're obnoxious people will mute you and you'll slowly self-ostracize yourself out of the community. In games like COD, you're constantly in a new lobby with new people every 10-15 minutes. So you can act like an idiot in those games without any lasting reprucussion

Yeah, plus the COD crowd is heavy with late night bro-fueled drunken trash talking.

duction
04-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Most haven't found out how to use the global chat on the mic... Natural selection ya see.. :p

Covington
04-24-2013, 04:43 AM
This community might be nice, but it lacks a certain sense of forum humor

LOL!

This!

I have yet to open a single thread where someone is joking and someone took it as serious. One and only thing about this fandom so far I am put off by. Defiers need to take things less seriously here. :-)

Other than that it's a nice place to visit.

Myst
04-24-2013, 04:44 AM
LOL!

This!

I have yet to open a single thread where someone is joking and someone took it as serious. One and only thing about this fandom so far I am put off by. Defiers need to take things less seriously here. :-)

Other than that it's a nice place to visit.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?49042-Stop..-Necroing.. :D

Telemachus
04-24-2013, 04:45 AM
On PC and players seen pleasant for the most part, are dolts that use vehicles in arkfalls.

Though, maybe they don't know better.

Players don't talk/type much, so difficult to tell I guess.

Never had my voice chat thing set to on, may be that would cause a different impression.

krazyx86
04-24-2013, 04:51 AM

This is regular general discussion, not Xbox discussion, just fyi. But I do agree, the community IN GAME is pretty decent, however when you come to the forums you better have thick skin or you might end up in the fetal position fairly quickly.

I have only chatted with a few folks on the PC version, but for the most part my chat box fills up with "friend joins match" and "friend leaves match".

Rudal
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM
Thing is. Most if not all MMOs at very beginning (especially the ones with subscribtion) have a nice and ''normal'' players. It's getting worse when game becomes more popular and attracts more younger players, then you start getting all the bad bahaviour.
Whats even worse is when those ''new'' players start to complain about content that works fine and the game get nerfed more and more from patch to patch.

Ralifur
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM

I disagree with this part. I am very sorry but I do.

With defiance I am surprised about peoples behaviour but the lack of a global chat channel as well as a functioning chat from the start might also have a reason behind why people are polite ingame. They havent had a chance to talk for a long time as it is. Yes there are bad seeds in defiance and I have run into a few of them but generally I have met people whom I can converse with without it being an "Elitism" type of chat. I suppose its the gameplay. :-)

Nonetheless in wow (was fine at beginning but it seems this is where the bad seeds started originating from) tera, aion, swtor, age of conan, rift, warhammer. Have met so many dumb trolls in these games and elitists who care not for what you want but only what they want. Nearly every person I have met have been so self centered and individualistic only playing to get forward and not to have fun and act like a complete butthead to other people. Every one of these games I have watched people act like they do in wow barrens chat (As for ppl not knowing what barrens chat is then it is/was filled with insults and people throwing crap at you for asking a small question. There was funny ppl inbetween tho which still made it worthwhile entertainment nonetheless) and then one sentence to start it all:

Wow was the first mmo <-- is not true but people take so much offense to that sentence its hilarious and starts so much ingame rage its astonishing.

Wanna mention DC universe also had quite a decent community when it launched. Was very surprised but this was also a console mmo. Could this have something to do with it? That probably its cause theres alot of people who arent used to mmo gaming?

With how people usually act nowadays in mmo's I actually worry for my enjoyment in TESO when it launches. :-/ Generally thinking of people revealing spoilers here. The global chat rages zone chat rages that usually goes on is just entertainment lol.

"Edit" A comparison.
In real life you usually get taught that while you are driving a car on the road you are supposed to look at all other people on the road as they are the biggest arseholes there.
Its getting close to being the same feeling in mmo's really. :-/

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 05:13 AM
In real life you usually get taught that while you are driving a car on the road you are supposed to look at all other people on the road as they are the biggest arseholes there.
Its getting close to being the same feeling in mmo's really. :-/

You sure they aren't just that? ;>

ps: How the hell does *** not work but arse does? Are you kidding me? Does this make the profanity filter racist? : o

Ralifur
04-24-2013, 05:25 AM
You sure they aren't just that? ;>

ps: How the hell does *** not work but arse does? Are you kidding me? Does this make the profanity filter racist? : o

I am not sure they arent just that no but I do assume there atleast are some bright minds somewhere. :-P Hopefully alot of bright minds at that. ;-D

As for the arse thing. somehow im noticing that one not being censored on alot of profanity forums. no clue why. Cause its a pun rather than a swear? :-P

IGears
04-24-2013, 05:25 AM
Yeah, plus the COD crowd is heavy with late night bro-fueled drunken trash talking.

<--- This guy

Gohlar
04-24-2013, 05:31 AM

It's because it's such a barren game socially that it's a pleasant surprise when somebody talks.

GlavinChris
04-24-2013, 06:10 AM
I too have found everyone to be respectful and polite! Quite encouraging!!!

Cutlass Jack
04-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Almost everyone I've seen in game has been quite nice. Unless you're doing something highly stupid like repeatedly running over skitterlings at Arkfalls in your vehicle even though you were asked five times not to. Then all bets are off. :mad:

On the forums is a different story, but some people have good reason to be cranky.