PDA

View Full Version : HELP! stuck on "Bullet for a badman" mission

craigle
04-24-2013, 02:41 AM
Hi everyone

This is my first post here so be kind, i need some advice please
I have been stuck on this mission for 2 days now and just cant seem to kill Jeckleg Joe! His energy doesnt seem to go down fast enough and i always get killed before hes even half dead

I have tried diffrent guns but nothing works, and its a mission you have to face alone. Can anyone give me some advice?.

dreadi
04-24-2013, 02:56 AM
I feel for you, I had a little trouble with this also. You've got to wound the little guys that burn you. When they burst into flames they run towards jackleg and explode which brings his shield down for a short time where you can deal him some damage but you may need to do this a few times. Eventually he gets down off his perch and you can fight him proper without his shield. Hope this helps. Use heavy damage weapon on him if you can, hope this helps ;-)

craigle
04-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to get him off his area once only lol
What weapons are you using please if you can remember?
I may not have strong enough ones yet :(

Anim
04-24-2013, 04:04 AM
It's all about the weapon types, you need to have at least one projectile gun (AR/Pistol/SMG), basically wait for the little flamer to run up to you and then melee him. Once he falls over shoot him in the back but dont kill him with the pistol and his flame tank bursts on fire, he then runs under Joe and breaks his shield for a bit. Shoot joe a bit here, with some good damage you'll only have to repeat this 3 or so times. Then as you saw Joe comes down, just kite him around one of the boxes, keep moving and his grenades shouldnt be too much of an issue.

kobi
04-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Just because you said please I will be nice to you.

HOW THE **** YOU COULDN'T FIGURE THE FIGHT OUT???!!?!?!?

I mean seriously are you not paying attention to your surrounding? Not listening to what Cass is telling you? Or the most important question is are you skipping the cut scenes like thousand of players who are?

Any weapon would do to kill him, I was using an assault rifle while my young brother used a bolt sniper rifle, keep well behind the crates and use clock device to hide and regenerate your shield back and your hp too.

Trekner
04-24-2013, 04:26 AM
I used to let the small buggers run up to me and let them use thier flame weapon for a sec, befor using dodge roll - through them, turn around and shoot them once and only once in the back (Orange flame tanks on back), watch them run up to jack and then blow up, and then empty my mag in jack., rinse and repeat untill he comes down.... second stage as so easy i forgot what i did.

RegularX
04-24-2013, 04:38 AM
The tanks to the far left (away from Rosa, she'll pull mobs her way) in the back are a good place to camp. Focus on the smelters, then circle strafe him as much as possible. He is similar in strategy to a Blacklung I think.

My problem was the smelters - they kept dying on me. Had to use an AR very carefully...

BlindMuze
04-24-2013, 04:42 AM
The tanks to the far left (away from Rosa, she'll pull mobs her way) in the back are a good place to camp. Focus on the smelters, then circle strafe him as much as possible. He is similar in strategy to a Blacklung I think.

My problem was the smelters - they kept dying on me. Had to use an AR very carefully...

He's basically just an amped up blacklung with a unique look, and ******ed fight mechanics.

And yeah, that really was my biggest issue as well, I had to pull out a weapon with a really low crit multiplier in order to keep from killing them.

Atticus Finch
04-24-2013, 04:42 AM

I mean seriously are you not paying attention to your surrounding? Not listening to what Cass is telling you? Or the most important question is are you skipping the cut scenes like thousand of players who are?

Any weapon would do to kill him, I was using an assault rifle while my young brother used a bolt sniper rifle, keep well behind the crates and use clock device to hide and regenerate your shield back and your hp too.

kobi, OP is not saying she(he?) she didn't know how to get him off the perch. Op is having difficulty skill-wise in defeating the boss

Ikagawa
04-24-2013, 04:47 AM

Melee them, shoot them once in the back when they're keeled over. Simple.

SirOmega
04-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Good luck, and try a fast recharging shield like a Respark. You will want a shield with the least amount of delay time before it recharges. You can do it, took me like 5 tries I think but I eventually got him. You will too.

P.S. Decoy EGO power helped me out on this mission as it allowed me some breathing room to recharge shield and grab ammo when the mobs were distracted by it.

RegularX
04-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Melee them, shoot them once in the back when they're keeled over. Simple.

Even grounded I was killing them accidentally very easily. Course, my melee was kinda buffed too...

JD nutz
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM

yeah use the clock device, time is your enemy:D serious use a pistol to shoot the things in the back and stay near the back

JMadFour
04-24-2013, 04:55 AM
for Smelters -

Flashbang grenades.

learn them, love them.

kobi
04-24-2013, 04:57 AM
kobi, OP is not saying she(he?) she didn't know how to get him off the perch. Op is having difficulty skill-wise in defeating the boss

Yeah thought so :p thats why I gave some advice in my last 3 sentences.

BTW having a shotgun could help too while being clocked with the 30% increase dmg perk.

Knight776
04-24-2013, 05:02 AM
The first time I tried this fight, I was using an AR to try to disable the smelters... But kept getting incapped and having to restart. I gave up and decided to give it a break and try later. Tried again the next night and fared much better with an SMG. It seemed that the SMG had a bit better control and I could light the little guys up easier without killing them outright. First time I got him into the fight, I was doing good until he got me into a corner. Next time, I just stayed mobile (and out of corners) and finally beat him.

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 05:05 AM
I honestly don't understand the issues with Joe.

You find a place from which you can fight the adds one by one (eg. the tank near the entrance).
You melee the smelters once and put one round into the tank.
You shoot Joe.
Repat.
When he jumps down he's nothing more than a regular Blacklung.

I don't even know at which point things could go wrong here. : o

JD nutz
04-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Yeah thought so :p thats why I gave some advice in my last 3 sentences.

BTW having a shotgun could help too while being clocked with the 30% increase dmg perk.

I dont mean to be a smarty pants, but can you not spell cloak? twice in the same thread you put clock then to make it worse you put clocked:confused::o !!! or do you really mean CLOCKED :D and not CLOAKED

zapfrog
04-24-2013, 06:30 AM
As others have said pay attention to what Cass tells you and the cut scenes. Surroundings, surroundings, surroundings. Can't stress the use of the environment enough, especially considering the little flamers pause for a brief moment when they come out of the hatch.

Took me a couple of tries but once I learned where to hide and the patterns it was easy.

dreadi
04-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to get him off his area once only lol
What weapons are you using please if you can remember?
I may not have strong enough ones yet :(

I used a quick firing shotgun with overcharge and circled around the crates, throwing the odd grenade in his direction. Worked pretty well for me, i'm sure you'll get him eventually just stay with it and don't give up. Good luck ;-)