PDA

View Full Version : PS4 and defiance

DanBowie
04-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Does Trion have any plans to let us bring our characters to ps4 and download game for free if we already bought it? Me and my friends ( and any1 else who isn't poor and tired of 6 year old ps3 tech) are getting PS4s on release day and I don't want to invest in an mmo if Im be on a completely different game system this holiday.

firetiger2k
04-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Does Trion have any plans to let us bring our characters to ps4 and download game for free if we already bought it? Me and my friends ( and any1 else who isn't poor and tired of 6 year old ps3 tech) are getting PS4s on release day and I don't want to invest in an mmo if Im be on a completely different game system this holiday.

I'm really hoping this will be a thing BUT I have a feeling the PSN Gaikai service will be at least PS+ exclusive, AND EVEN if it was behind a small subscription I still don't think they will give away all these PS3 catalogue games because that would just cause a massive bulk buying of ALL PS3 titles (mostly used) and the don't benefit from it. Selling PS+ and then selling PS3 titles digitally a second time for backwards compatibility sounds more likely

Damodar Thade
04-24-2013, 07:24 AM

I have just moved from the 360 to PS3 so I have no intention of buying any other console anytime soon plus waiting a bit longer to pick up the PS4 means there will be more titles for me to choose from when i do make the move. I do hope Defiance makes it onto the PS4 though.

Facade
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
This question was asked in that Q&A awhile back. They said they do plan to release it on PS4 since it will just be a different client, but connect to same servers.

Auztinito
04-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Why are people thinking Sony will just drop everything when PS4 comes out.PS3 will still havew everything it has now until PS4 has a bigger library of games.There is games coming out next year year for PS3.It will be same as usual.
The answer is I don't know to the question.

wilks
04-24-2013, 09:44 AM

This all depends on the network. Will there be a seperate network for ps4? Or will they play together? If they are still together it could be a pretty easy port. If they arn't, there would be a lot more issues. Like needing to transfer characters to seperate servers one by one, based on what the customer wants. If they are the same network it could be the same game, just played on a more powerful and hopefully stable system. I doubt that they would have time to improve the game for the ps4, they seem to have their hands full with 3 systems already.

Assasino
04-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Not to mention the architecture of the PS4 will be very close to a PC.
Who knows those that get the PS4 will actually see patch updates ;)