PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Beta, am I too late ?!

Perx89
03-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Hey mates. I just heard about this game, gathered together a lot of infos, watched all the videos and now my mind is blown. I NEED THIS! I will def. get this game when it is released. But for now there is one question I'am asking myself: is there any possibility to get a beta code, or is it too late for me already? Heard there were free ones, but sadly I can't find one... If anyone could help me, or give me some info where to get a beta key, I would be very very thankful.

Hope I'am not too late.

Have a nice day and thanks for your help in advance! :cool:

PS: please don't hate, i can imagine a lot of people already asked this question, but I really searched for myself and I wasn't succesful at all...

Zalm
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Beta doesnt start till the 22nd early morn for the states. You should get an email on the 21st at night with beta keys. If you are picked into the beta at leats....or if you preordered and registered.

Nerdy Ryuu
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
preorder now you can get a code. You are not to late because the xbox beta dont start into Friday.

Perx89
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
I regeistered for the beta through the official website. Does this mean I'll redeem a code on 21st, like you said? Or do I need to preorder, in order to get a beta code?

Edit: guy above me already answered, thanks mate! I'am still curios if there are freeones somewhere, since I'am getting paid in 8 days, so preordering the game isn't possible until the 28th :(.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
I regeistered for the beta through the official website. Does this mean I'll redeem a code on 21st, like you said? Or do I need to preorder, in order to get a beta code?

Edit: guy above me already answered, thanks mate! I'am still curios if there are freeones somewhere, since I'am getting paid in 8 days, so preordering the game isn't possible until the 28th :(.

You might be able to get into the beta without preordering, but its not a promise. And you only need to put down 5 at gamestop to get a code into the beta, and pay it off later on.

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 09:12 AM
You might be able to get into the beta without preordering, but its not a promise. And you only need to put down 5 at gamestop to get a code into the beta, and pay it off later on.

I would look for those 5 dollars :O

Zalm
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I would look for those 5 dollars :O

5 dollars to play and test a game for about a week? sounds worth it to me, especially since you can get that money back if you dont like it. And if you DO like it, that 5 bucks goes towards the game anyway! Win win there. DO IT!

Perx89
03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Hell yeah, gonna get that beta code now :D!

Zalm
03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Hell yeah, gonna get that beta code now :D!

Not quite...most sites dont have any more beta keys to give out, and trion wont email any keys until the night before the beta.

Perx89
03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Than I'll say it like this: hell yeah, gonna preorder this now! :D

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Than I'll say it like this: hell yeah, gonna preorder this now! :D

That is the spirit, just make sure you get the product registration key .______. or else it was a waste. lol

Perx89
03-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Hell yeah! Did some price challenges and received a xbox beta code! Should I activate it by now?

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Hell yeah! Did some price challenges and received a xbox beta code! Should I activate it by now?

Price challenges? :/

Perx89
03-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Price challenges? :/
Wrong worg I guess, sorry I'am from Germany, what I meant was a competetion to redeem a beta code ;)!

Infinite Eureka
03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Ahhh! Makes alot more sense bwahahaha! Congrats.

a cankly toe
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
ok so i preordered the collectors edition and the only code i recieved was the product registration key? is this the beta key?

Bad Instincts
03-20-2013, 06:19 PM
5 dollars to play and test a game for about a week? sounds worth it to me, especially since you can get that money back if you dont like it. And if you DO like it, that 5 bucks goes towards the game anyway! Win win there. DO IT!QFT. Is a fair deal.

That_MF_Wolf
03-20-2013, 07:10 PM

Or you can get it from amazon and not pay anything till it ship.

a cankly toe
03-20-2013, 08:07 PM
oh nvm i looked at the rest of the post in here and answered my own question

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Was there any limits/due dates for beta access if you pre-order through Gamestop? I pre-ordered 3/20 and registered the code on the defiance site. I searched through the forums but couldn't really find anything relevant.

Zalm
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Was there any limits/due dates for beta access if you pre-order through Gamestop? I pre-ordered 3/20 and registered the code on the defiance site. I searched through the forums but couldn't really find anything relevant.

Uh...I think you had to preorder a few days before, so you MIGHT get a beta key tonight. I dont know though, since Amazon and Game required you to preorder at least 3-4 days before the beta.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Ah. Thanks for the reply. I did sign up for the beta a week or so ago (I think?). Hopefully it works out. Seriously excited for this.

Zalm
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Ah. Thanks for the reply. I did sign up for the beta a week or so ago (I think?). Hopefully it works out. Seriously excited for this.

Well....the beta keys should be emailed out later tonight, so if you dont get one by tomorrow morning, you might wanna come to the forums and beg Sledge for a code.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Really hope that I don't have to do that. I already sold my soul when I ordered the $150 version from Gamestop. (Not really, but never paid that much for a single game before.)

That_MF_Wolf
03-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Really hope that I don't have to do that. I already sold my soul when I ordered the $150 version from Gamestop. (Not really, but never paid that much for a single game before.)

Hope you get one.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Hope you get one.

Thanks! I'm hoping the next 12 or so hours go by pretty quick. Darn betas coming out the day after the day I made my day of no courses! (I have nothing to do to pass 12 hours quickly, no exams coming up for a bit)

roadkill888
03-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks! I'm hoping the next 12 or so hours go by pretty quick. Darn betas coming out the day after the day I made my day of no courses! (I have nothing to do to pass 12 hours quickly, no exams coming up for a bit)

Heh I'm in the same exact boat, pre-ordered the exlusive edition on the 20th and hoping I'm not late to the party. Time will tell.

B1ack0ut MenacE
03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Heh I'm in the same exact boat, pre-ordered the exlusive edition on the 20th and hoping I'm not late to the party. Time will tell.

Just got my invite not too long ago, so I wasn't too late for the party after all. Just did not expect the MASSIVE download size. Most demos for games were not even remotely close to this size on the marketplace. Not complaining, but dunno if my internet can handle it lol. Good thing beta won't start till the morning. Should be done by then with 10mbps dl and a possible 50ish gb cap shared between 8 people in my fraternity house.

a cankly toe
03-21-2013, 06:02 PM
i only preordered yesterday and i just recieved my xbox code :)