PDA

View Full Version : Having My Game Keep Up with the TV Show... doubt I can do it :(

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I've been playing the game since launch, and am a little blue that I don't think I can have my game play keep up with the tv show.

Last weekend I was hoping to get a lot of gameplay in, and finally reach San Francisco, so set to play, am skipping all the side quests, just main missions.. then real life happens, work, family commitments, PC Server going ka-blewy, too tired, missions really hard that I take hours to get through them on my own, etc.

And now it's Wednesday night I'm only up to Madiera Mission "Something Wicked This Way Comes". I'm really starting to worry I won't be able to keep up with the tv series episode related missions when they come :(

The 4 parter episode pre-tv series launch with Nolan and Irisa is all what they have been so far right? I've not missed anything yet, they have not implemented the next ones yet, have they?

Tayce
04-24-2013, 07:17 AM
There is the episode achievements.
Don't know if they're timed and will be removed.

Check your log (?, it's under the "j" button, at the bottom of the list), it's labeled episode 1 & 2 I think.

It's not really any new quests, just some random emergencies and goals.

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM
There is the episode achievements.
Don't know if they're timed and will be removed.

Check your log (?, it's under the "j" button, at the bottom of the list), it's labeled episode 1 & 2 I think.

Is that the Armistice stuff? They don't seem anything like the Nolan & Irisa missions.

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 07:24 AM

And a hand full of datapads. All of them can be completed until 29..
You probably encountered the lanterns and temporary episode emergencies by now if you played at all and just didn't notice.

To do it all you need access to SF, either by teleporting to a friendly group member or getting over the bridge on your own.

/edit:

Is that the Armistice stuff? They don't seem anything like the Nolan & Irisa missions.

Exactly. And no, they are nothing like that.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-24-2013, 07:26 AM
If it's any consolation, they've said that there will be an opportunity to go back and do the timed content later if you miss it.

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 07:32 AM
To do it all you need access to SF, either by teleporting to a friendly group member or getting over the bridge on your own.

How hard is it to get to SF on your own, without doing the missions, can you just keep on driving the Dodge Challenger till you get there? Or will I somehow find myself barred if I've not completed all the main quest missions?

Antomus
04-24-2013, 07:38 AM
so set to play, am skipping all the side quests, just main missions..

Don't do this! Take your time. From what I've gathered you don't have to be caught up on the main story to do episode missions. I mean, didn't the first episode related mission come out with or very close to launch? The show begins after you help Nolan get a piece of ark tech and he screws you over and heads east (to the city of Defiance).

Shogo_Yahagi
04-24-2013, 07:38 AM
How hard is it to get to SF on your own, without doing the missions, can you just keep on driving the Dodge Challenger till you get there? Or will I somehow find myself barred if I've not completed all the main quest missions?

You can drive to the Golden Gate Bridge without doing the missions. It's worth trying to cross the bridge without doing the missions at least once just to see what happens. :D

Antomus
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM

I don't want to crush any hopes and dreams either but San Fran is not the promiseland by any means, it's more broken from terraforming than the mainland, harder to get around, and the content there just seems a bit... rushed. Like they didn't expect players to make it there as fast as they did...

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 07:44 AM
You can drive to the Golden Gate Bridge without doing the missions. It's worth trying to cross the bridge without doing the missions at least once just to see what happens. :D

Ooh aaah! Now I'm intrigued. One of my favourite things to do in MMOs is to travel into areas way above my level, and just experience the disaster, I've had some of the best laughs that way.

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 07:46 AM

Without doing the missions it's impossible to get there on your own, you won't be able to get past the big *** robot.

Basicly you'll have to do everything leading up to the bridge, where the Dak Matter themed missions start.
Destroying the giant mech itself isn't really hard after you get there, so no worries about that.

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't want to crush any hopes and dreams either but San Fran is not the promiseland by any means, it's more broken from terraforming than the mainland, harder to get around, and the content there just seems a bit... rushed. Like they didn't expect players to make it there as fast as they did...

I won't mind that... one of the reasons I'm focusing on main missions is to experience the "Story", and to feel immersed. It's been a bit difficult though, as when I'm trying to do main missions multiple times, and continually failing, I'm not experiencing the story. Woe... lost story flow. Only getting dribs and drabs of story stretched over too long a period.

TheFlash
04-24-2013, 07:59 AM
Heya Fox. As others have said/implied, the pursuits make you explore and fight in San Francisco to complete the Episode Pursuits. You can get to San Francisco without rushing the main missions by friending someone who has access. You can fast travel to the friend, and they can take you to the Overpass fast travel point, which will allow you to travel to SF whenever you want. If you're not sure how to find a friend in-game who has SF opened up, you could try chatting at Major arkfalls. I'd offer myself, but my playtimes tend to be short and sporadic, so I'm hard to catch.

Good luck with the pursuits! They award a few titles and one gives you hat!

Jthreau
04-24-2013, 09:12 AM
I feel the same way, foxy.

I am at the end of Chapter 2 in the story, and know that I will not be able to access San Francisco on my own by the 29th. It's a bit of a bummer, but I suppose I could try to meet up with someone and teleport to them (I didn't know that was possible).

Antomus
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
I won't mind that... one of the reasons I'm focusing on main missions is to experience the "Story", and to feel immersed. It's been a bit difficult though, as when I'm trying to do main missions multiple times, and continually failing, I'm not experiencing the story. Woe... lost story flow. Only getting dribs and drabs of story stretched over too long a period.

I can relate to the need of immersion. The reason you may be having trouble is because your EGO and perks are not up to par for the course you're on. I have been doing all side missions between each main story mission, even when it's tough because the story is getting good, and have had absolutely no issues with advancing. Sure, it's challenging and I have had to extract twice, maybe three times, the entire story but nothing I couldn't come back and take care of.

In elaboration, EGO alone does not have any effect on how much damage you take/put out but you can get better perks that can negate some incoming damage or increase your damage put out.
If you ever need help in game, don't hesitate to hit me up. My name's the same there as it is here.

foxsyd
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm relaxing, and going to do some side missions, looking at my Pursuits, attempting some of those timed missions.

Am attempting "Hotshot: Desperate Times" in Mount Tam right now... failing badly, but I'm slowly getting the numbers up, hopefully I can get a bronze. Soon.