PDA

View Full Version : AI Accuracy needs to be lowered!

Taniso
04-24-2013, 08:17 AM
I can't be the only one that feels that the AI accuracy is way too high. I know that you're supposed to roll to dodge a lot of their fire, but even after doing that they're still hitting you with precise accuracy. The grenades and grenade launchers are ridiculous also!

I'm not saying that I want Star Wars "stormtrooper" accuracy for the AI, but just knock it down a tad!

Verios44
04-24-2013, 08:20 AM
I am the crazy one who enjoys the accuracy of the enemies...DONT change it, its just fine, even blacklungs are easy to avoid imo. The enemie's high accuracy is one of the few things that makes shooting the npcs interesting.

GREENZNO
04-24-2013, 08:22 AM
I can't be the only one that feels that the AI accuracy is way too high. I know that you're supposed to roll to dodge a lot of their fire, but even after doing that they're still hitting you with precise accuracy. The grenades and grenade launchers are ridiculous also!

I'm not saying that I want Star Wars "stormtrooper" accuracy for the AI, but just knock it down a tad!

Make the AI harder, the game is way 2 easy.

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Trion stated it is impossible to make these mobs any easier.

GERMiside
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
i like their aim thay are ez as it is your a really bad player if you cant handle it

Stretch21
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
I would actually prefer they made the AI harder. Things are too easy as it is.
Nerfing the AI accuracy wouldn't help the game as whole

nosworc
04-24-2013, 08:30 AM
The only thing slightly annoying is fighting dark matter as a cloak/shotgunner. One blast and your cloak is pretty much useless, their smg's tear me up and my chances of re-cloaking are pretty much non existent.

Taniso
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Trion stated it is impossible to make these mobs any easier.

That's good to know. I guess the ones that I get frustrated with the most are the grenade launchers... It seems like some of them are shooting non-stop and if you don't have a wall or a vehicle in the way you're screwed.

rolingachu
04-24-2013, 08:33 AM
I love the current PVE difficulty, im up for the challenge, otherwise will be like all others mmo where mobs are as stupid as fk...would you want some dummies that stay still while you shoot and in response they shoot to sky? i don't think so, PVE is great as it is.

Typhon49
04-24-2013, 08:35 AM
The AI in certain situations is a total ***** due to the amount of damage they deal out! But this makes the game more interesting as you cant just run straight thru annihilating everything. On the other hand, in some situations it is very easy to kill certain enemies. On the whole i don't think the game needs to be changed.

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 08:37 AM
That's good to know. I guess the ones that I get frustrated with the most are the grenade launchers... It seems like some of them are shooting non-stop and if you don't have a wall or a vehicle in the way you're screwed.

They all have patterns you can shoot in between. The only guy that will consistently shoot is one of the 99er grenade launchers. He only does it when he gets low health so you just need to turn up the firepower for that moment.

I was joking about what Trion said also sorry they never said that. Also this game gives you aimbot for PvE to allow you to run and shoot even if you are not that good at it.

Taniso
04-24-2013, 08:41 AM
I don't have a problem with my aiming. I just think that some situations are ridiculous without any cover

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 08:43 AM
I don't have a problem with my aiming. I just think that some situations are ridiculous without any cover

That's wild west gun fights for you. No cover against a bunch of people is going to be suicide most of the time.

Babydoll
04-24-2013, 08:44 AM
how could you think they are to hard ..try using some cover or respec your EGO until you get the feel of how to take out mobs without getting balsted. Also get a better shield. This game is not hard and the playablitly is easy to get a hold of. Why are you having such a hard time? IDK, but switch it up and see what works then.

Taniso
04-24-2013, 08:54 AM
how could you think they are to hard ..try using some cover or respec your EGO until you get the feel of how to take out mobs without getting balsted. Also get a better shield. This game is not hard and the playablitly is easy to get a hold of. Why are you having such a hard time? IDK, but switch it up and see what works then.

I have tried a couple of egos, but that's not the big issue. And I don't think they're "too hard," I just find it annoying when you're fighting a few AI and one of them has a grenade launcher that doesn't miss. So, even if you take 1 blast from the grenade launcher that takes away most of your shield and you have 3-4 guys with assault rifles shooting at you also... it doesn't turn out too well. But when I'm fighting against just assault rifles I have no problem killing them...

So, I guess my thread should've been titled, "AI Accuracy needs to be lowered on grenade launchers," since that's my biggest irk.

DeMoted
04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I have tried a couple of egos, but that's not the big issue. And I don't think they're "too hard," I just find it annoying when you're fighting a few AI and one of them has a grenade launcher that doesn't miss. So, even if you take 1 blast from the grenade launcher that takes away most of your shield and you have 3-4 guys with assault rifles shooting at you also... it doesn't turn out too well. But when I'm fighting against just assault rifles I have no problem killing them...

So, I guess my thread should've been titled, "AI Accuracy needs to be lowered on grenade launchers," since that's my biggest irk.

You move when they fire them or dodge and it won't hit you.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 09:01 AM

I get what this guy is saying, i have learned to dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot those guys now so not really an issue. I find it hilarious they can be pin point accurate with grenades, even molotovs when im even behind cover. Annoying alright but not really hard to overcome. Smg's are worse in my opinion. They never miss even when rolling around.

Irres169
04-24-2013, 09:02 AM
It's fine the way it is, it's on the easy side to begin with.

RookieOnDuty
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
A little of topic, but the stormtroopers are actually extremely good soldiers in according to the books, and they are feared across the galaxy.

On topic, the AI is fine as it is making it more easier would only hurt the game, Co-op is essentially a walk in the park with a decent team and guns.

Bullyboutya
04-24-2013, 10:17 AM
The only thing slightly annoying is fighting dark matter as a cloak/shotgunner. One blast and your cloak is pretty much useless, their smg's tear me up and my chances of re-cloaking are pretty much non existent.

This dark matter pain the ***. I have to actually use some strategy fighting these dude lol.AI is perfect right now.

cusman
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
I am the crazy one who enjoys the accuracy of the enemies...DONT change it, its just fine, even blacklungs are easy to avoid imo. The enemie's high accuracy is one of the few things that makes shooting the npcs interesting.

I think the AI accuracy is appropriately good. If you strafe around or are using Blur then they have a hard time aiming at you. If you stand still then they can shread you. Your distance from them impacts both their accuracy and the damage they deal.

This is one area where I don't think they have any bugs. They got this right... so I agree the enemy aiming skills should not be dinked with. If it wasn't for the AI being engaging and right balance of difficulty (except few annoying bosses) I wouldn't keep playing.

Damodar Thade
04-24-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't have a problem with the AI but i do think Blacklungs need slowed down, I mean they NEVER reload they just constantly lob grenades.

nosworc
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Your distance from them impacts both their accuracy and the damage they deal.

I don't think it does to be honest, those smg using enemies still tear you a new one no matter the distance.