PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think something should be done about vehicles in Shadow War?

Redman20
04-24-2013, 01:21 PM
They are far too effective a weapon to kill others with, you can call them in virtually instantly with barely any cooldown. So many times ive seen snipers on hills just get a atv and drive off in an instant once theyve been found.

And DONT say grab a homing rocket since they are the most UP worthless pieces of garbage invented ever

Thee Apothecary
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
ok so if you get hit by a car in rl you think its not going to hurt or kill you ? i say this is damn realistic because id be down and out if i got hit by a car

ChaosX5
04-24-2013, 01:24 PM
They are far too effective a weapon to kill others with, you can call them in virtually instantly with barely any cooldown. So many times ive seen snipers on hills just get a atv and drive off in an instant once theyve been found.

And DONT say grab a homing rocket since they are the most UP worthless pieces of garbage invented ever

Hmm.. Im gonna have to disagree. When people jump on to evade battle, I always chase them down. If they are good drivers.. then they deserve to get away, but they usually dont :D

Cerne
04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
ok so if you get hit by a car in rl you think its not going to hurt or kill you ? i say this is damn realistic because id be down and out if i got hit by a car

and getting bumped by an atv and dying from it is realistic? yet i can somehow take a grenade to the face and survive?

Era
04-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Grab a freaking pump action. I took down a Cerberus with a Grind Fragger once upon a time.

Redman20
04-24-2013, 01:26 PM

Apparently you forgot the gaming motto
Balance > Realism

KashraFall
04-24-2013, 01:28 PM
High shields and tanky perks= monarch status in shadow wars. Was hilarious when someone ran into me at full speed and it took my shields and half of my HP but his ATV exploded. I died in the end but it was still hilarious.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Three words: Ground Pounder Detonators. Double/Triple kills, double/triple kills everywhere.

Thee Apothecary
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Balance > Realism

its a car if you get hit your going under it meaning your dragged along the floor if needed lets get a land rover and a crash test dummy

Era
04-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Balance > Realism

I freaking love that motto. But I prefer the other one.
Flubber Cars > Realism

Redman20
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I freaking love that motto. But I prefer the other one.
Flubber Cars > Realism

Im not talking about flubber cars. Its just REALLY annoying when a good 1/3 of the kills in Shadow Wars are ATVs. And thats ALL these people do, Do donuts and run people over. Someone actually shoots them, they boost away a good 50m, hop off, spawn a fresh new ATV, get on and run the guy over.

Reducing the spawn time or something! I dont think Trion thought that the ATV should be a better weapon than half the actual GUNS in this game

Hermit Grimm
04-24-2013, 01:39 PM
This is why I pack a courier. If I see them coming I stick the vehicle and dodge to the side. If they hit me from behind, I get back up and stick them on the next pass... They always come back to try and finish the job. ( rhino shield with defensive perks pretty much stops 1 shotting dead)

Era
04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Im not talking about flubber cars. Its just REALLY annoying when a good 1/3 of the kills in Shadow Wars are ATVs. And thats ALL these people do, Do donuts and run people over. Someone actually shoots them, they boost away a good 50m, hop off, spawn a fresh new ATV, get on and run the guy over.

Reducing the spawn time or something! I dont think Trion thought that the ATV should be a better weapon than half the actual GUNS in this game

I never said you were talking about flubber cars, but why wouldn't an ATV be a better weapon than most of the stuff in this game? A bullet might not get through a shield and even if it does you've got healing nanites in your blood. 500+ pounds of metal and flesh hitting you at 30 mph on the other hand? A shield isn't gonna stop that.

Notorious Megan
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
This is what I do:
1. Feed them a flame grenade.
2. Wait til they figure it out, I just start aiming and humming.
3. They'll role over their quad with little health left, BANG!
(they'll start rolling immediately and go cloaking, so shoot straight or get the cloak breaker from EGO)
4. Return to humming, slightly louder.

Works for me every time so far, like clockwork :)

Koot
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
L2P or get lost.

You probably find fighting skitterlings too difficult as well.

Cortechs
04-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Do slows have any effect on vehicles? Like the Sludge RL?

Mirimon
04-24-2013, 02:20 PM
my rockets laugh at people who even try to get in a vehicle...

Archangel
04-24-2013, 02:27 PM
What i would recommend is to not stand in places where its easy for vehicles to travel. I ses people standing on rocks, stumps, buildings, anything really. As long as it gets you off the ground you can't get run over.

teflondon
04-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Just to play a bit of Devil's advocate here it's fairly obvious most of you have not accidentally hit a larger animal with your vehicle before at high speed :P You'd do a fairly large amount of damage to yourself as well if you charged a fully suited(combat gear) person with a quad. Just saying and all :)

Archangel
04-24-2013, 02:43 PM
LOL, there should be a quad melee attack.

If you use both the jump out of vehicle button and melee at the same time you should be able to jump off your quad and do a flying kick at the person your about to hit.

That would be cool!

that

or an open field tackle off your quad.

Insanityplea
04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
ATV > Human Skeletal Structure
Explosives > ATV
Capacity to aim > *****ing on forums
For everything else, theres "Go die in a fire noob!"

SasquatcHunter
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
There is a reason there is an EGO perk that reduces vehicle damage. If it bothers you that much use the perk.

Remag Div
04-24-2013, 02:53 PM
LOL, there should be a quad melee attack.

If you use both the jump out of vehicle button and melee at the same time you should be able to jump off your quad and do a flying kick at the person your about to hit.

That would be cool!

that

or an open field tackle off your quad.

This needs to happen (or with a perk) when you jump off a vehicle and melee..

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Saints_32fbe0_2319952.gif

Archangel
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
This needs to happen (or with a perk) when you jump off a vehicle and melee..

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Saints_32fbe0_2319952.gif

thats what im saying!

An option to open field tackle a guy off your quad. That would be sick!

If your character can tuck into a cannon ball when jumping off a high cliff edge you should be able to dismount and melee into some cool animation imo.