PDA

View Full Version : bored

donniep1988
04-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Man this game is really boring u do the same thing over and over and over and over and over how are u gonna say thousands of of weapons to choose from thats a lie u guys copy and pasted all the weapons the vendors sell the same thing in all if them the time trials never work so im not getting black challenger all u get from arkfalls is two grenades no matter if ur #1 or 1000 the story is boring to the max cant play coop map because they glitch and u just run around with no enemies the loot system sucks u get nothing rare mostly something u already have you spend ur time in the game selling crap than buying cool stuff all my boost ran out and I didn't really play the game because of server issues so I lost a lot of money on crap very disappointed. .. :mad:

soarra
04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
maybe mmo's arent your style. do quests, pvp, kill boss rinse repeat.

filthymonkey
04-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Your playing to much.....is it sunny outside.

donniep1988
04-24-2013, 02:04 PM
I love mmo its this one I dont like can do anything everything glitched or im repeating missions and getting same loot and im not some kid that needs to be outside im a grown man with a job and a gf and money to spend so if im putting 150 dollars in a game from the game it self dlc and micro point I want it to work

Jack The Bear
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
I love mmo its this one I dont like can do anything everything glitched or im repeating missions and getting same loot and im not some kid that needs to be outside im a grown man with a job and a gf and money to spend so if im putting 150 dollars in a game from the game it self dlc and micro point I want it to work

To be fair.. if you love MMO's you should know this is how they all start. You have to grow with it, or get out. Tough Shtako. ;}

soarra
04-24-2013, 02:09 PM
none of the bugs pc side are game breaking. i have completed main story and a ton of pursuits with no trouble. rest will be fixed with next few patches..

RedKelrick
04-24-2013, 02:13 PM
maybe mmo's arent your style. do quests, pvp, kill boss rinse repeat.

This game is very boring in it's current form. There isn't a lot to do. After doing 30 or so Arkfalls they're all the same anymore. With random to no rewards... I defeated Nim after doing all the Side Quests I could do and it still feels the same. I started a second run through, but after seeing the story once it began to get stale quickly. They released a game with little content and expected people to stick around and love it.

I've got two days of /played time and I know for a fact that I have easily 12 hours of that as idle not doing anything (Being a Firefighter and EMT I can play at work and have to leave to go on calls so I've left the game running during many of those times). So I've got approx. 36 hours of actual played time. I think If I take the 30 or so Ark Falls time frame, you have maybe 26 hours at this point of game time. I find myself logging in for 10 minutes drive around and next thing I know I'm logging off.

I come from playing games like Aion, DCUO, WoW, Planeside 2, Rift, City of Heroes, SW:TOR, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars, Star Trek Online, EVE, Diablo 2 and 3. SO I know my fair share of grind and that's only the short list that I can remember off the top of my head. This game doesn't make grinding fun. When I first logged in during a beta weekend I actually thought the map area that we could visibly see was just the starter zone and that was only area we could go for beta. Little did I know that was EVERYTHING at this point and you'd be finished the game in little to no time...

RedKelrick
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
To be fair.. if you love MMO's you should know this is how they all start. You have to grow with it, or get out. Tough Shtako. ;}

That is utter BS, sorry, but if you believe that all MMOs have less than 50 hours of initial game play you were fed some crap.

Jack The Bear
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
That is utter BS, sorry, but if you believe that all MMOs have less than 50 hours of initial game play you were fed some crap.

So its about the amount of time you are supposed to play it, not how fun it is? So your a new age gamer i see.. When did it come around as "I didn't play this game for 50 hours, so its not fun!"? It's personal preference. I never judged a game by how long i got to play it, kind of a crap argument honestly. ;]

soarra
04-24-2013, 02:26 PM
This is not a typical mmo, think of it more like borderlands 2 with more people.. this isnt wow with raids and such (yet) hopefully we can get some bigger group stuff besides arkfalls

ForeignPatriot
04-24-2013, 02:29 PM
OP: dude... punctuation can be an ally!

On the boring note: I'm not bored yet. That being said, I log in, do dailies, do a couple PvP matches maybe some extra Co-Ops and hunt for the purple Dodge (I WILL HAVE YOU!).

I don't think you can compare this game to other MMO's in the veins of WoW. There is no Ironforge to hang out in and just chat for hours or hard raid content (back in the day) that would keep you trying progression for 5+ hours a day.

I think this is a more casual game that is good if you are not too hardcore and have a little patience. Which is exactly why I like it, I've got stuff to do!

RedKelrick
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
This is not a typical mmo, think of it more like borderlands 2 with more people.. this isnt wow with raids and such (yet) hopefully we can get some bigger group stuff besides arkfalls

I have 172 hours of playtime in Borderlands 2... and I just finished my second play through and did Captain Scarlet's twice. I haven't touched the 3rd play nor the other two content areas. You can't compare Borderlands with this game. Borderlands at release had more than double, heck almost triple the content.

soarra
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
I have 172 hours of playtime in Borderlands 2... and I just finished my second play through and did Captain Scarlet's twice. I haven't touched the 3rd play nor the other two content areas. You can't compare Borderlands with this game. Borderlands at release had more than double, heck almost triple the content.
i blew through borderlands main story and had all legendary weapons in 2 weeks of release.

donniep1988
04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Redkilrick knows what im talking about and soarra is right its not and this has nothing to do with new age gamer or old this game is wack point blank period. ....

donniep1988
04-24-2013, 02:56 PM
And I dont care about my spelling smart A** im on my note 2 texting and writing this in split screen.....

EvilWaterman
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
I think that the trouble with this game is that it's very solo orientated! You just go about on your own with absolutely no need to group up for any of the side missions or main missions. There is no sense of mmo!

Another problem is that there's nothing to play towards! I know this isn't your typical mmo but I do feel that, for me at least, the reason I play a game like this is for that feeling of progression. This game seems to lack that which is a shame. Weapons are boring and there really is no difference from green to orange, well not a lot anyway!

I'm gonna stick with it and see where it goes!