PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns

Scarfe
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I assume that shotguns work as follows: -

Sawn-off shot gun: highest damage, lowest ammo, slowest reload.
Pump-action shot gun: medium damage, medium ammo, medium reload.
Combat shot-gun: lowest damage, highest ammo, fastest reload.

Is this broadly correct?

Also has anyone experienced a huge delay between pressing the melee key and your toon actually performing the action when a shot gun is equipped?

WarMachine
04-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Pump Shotties, you can get Vot full auto pump shotty, damage is med, range is low, but Rate of fire is awesome.

I've also came across slug Pump and Combat shotties, more accurate, longer range, and usually a higher fire rate and higher single shot damage.

I have ran across a pump shotty that uses mags, I think it was a VBI or EMC, fast reloads.

I don't like Burst combat shotties, they tend to walk really hard, like trying to auto fire a bolt action, but in a crowd they can be effective.

As for your broad info, Pumps are usually the slowest reload, usually in the FRC. Sawed off reload faster, but its only loading two rounds, and you can't shoot mid loading like with a pump. For the most part, that's about right, but remember some gun makers can bridge gaps between the differeant types.

But, IMO, I believe its more important to know that the gun maker's bonuses to that specific model.

Ryme
04-25-2013, 10:38 AM
I find slug shotguns to be less accurate, given their reticles are only slightly smaller than pellet shotguns, but they only fire 1 projectile that lands in a random point within the reticle area.

WarMachine
04-25-2013, 10:44 AM
I find slug shotguns to be less accurate, given their reticles are only slightly smaller than pellet shotguns, but they only fire 1 projectile that lands in a random point within the reticle area.
Well, its on the bloom and scope. Some scopes are bugged. I've had no issues sniping with slugged shotties with a good scope and decent bloom. If your firing from the hip, yea, your likely going to miss because your using a shotty crosshairs.

gtr
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
You should try to the exploding saw-offs, if you can hit em with both shots 100percent death. no matter the shield or perks