PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Defiance!

Walsingham
05-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you for joining us in celebrating all that is Defiance! We are all very happy to open the doors for discussion of this truly ground-breaking entertainment phenomenon!

Set on a transformed earth 30 years in the future, Defiance™ is a revolutionary experience unlike any other. Play the game, watch the show, change the world.

In making the Defiance forums your home, please remember to adhere to the Code of Conduct, and to treat other members with respect and courtesy. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact Walsingham (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?1229831-Walsingham).

We welcome you to the Defiance forums and look forward to what you have to say!

Woolly
06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Boom! Headshot

Elrar
06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
From Telara to Defiance,

Welcome to the club - now saddle up, lock & load!

See ya around,

James "Elrar" Nichols
Community Manager
Trion Worlds

Myll_Erik
06-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the team!!

Muffinman
06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Sweet! Cant wait for this game! =D

Shawtie
06-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Greetings fellow Telarians. Something new? NICE. always up for newness.

painkiller
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
very very good travel

Doc Glock
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey y'all. Looking forward to this game.

loricstone
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Anxiously anticipating this wonderful collaboration between Trion and SyFy. I can't wait to get more info on this very interesting concept in the near future. Color me intrigued. Hope everything is coming along as planned for all who are working on this. :D

Omnipro
06-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Can't wait for this.

sugar4free
06-02-2012, 04:17 AM
hello all ;) I hope I will have fun here ;)

this concept you described in your vids + the 3rd person science-fiction mmo mixed with interconnectivity to a TV show is awesome !!!

Kudos to you guys ! If you maintain your promises (as Trion does usually) I think we'll assist a new era of gaming industry.

If this project is serious then I am in ;)

Escyos
06-02-2012, 08:50 AM
To be honest I'm more looking forward to the TV show than the game, but thats because most games these days are just run around and shoot everyone while collecting magic beans. Defiance sounds like there will be lots in tech involved we can steal and sell, hopefully there are in-game puzzles.

Endee
06-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to what this game with offer.

Xithryl
06-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Can't wait glad to be a part of the community!

Shrapnil
06-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I' am a little hesitant about getting super excited for this game. As I was burned pretty bad with swtor and tera, but the show I am really excited for. The game looks to be awesome, but I will wait to see if I will actually like it once i get my hands on it in beta hopefully.

Cyber
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Awesome! It is great to see the Defiance Community now up and running :)

Myll_Erik
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Make sure you spread the word about the forums!

Cyber
06-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeppers...I will get something up on our Gamer's Vox (http://www.gamersvox.com) site soon (we have already been promoting Defiance there when we can)! We have been looking forward to this for quite some time :)

Malchuth
06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
after trion is proofing the longterm value of rift to the mmog-genre and end of nations seams to be a frontrunner of the mmorts-genre, defiance is another spark of hope on the horizon. its time for a good made scifi mmog.

zhenya
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Is this thing on? Oh hello!

Cazz
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Looks great! cant wait to play this game!!

bctrainers
06-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm fashionably late as always!

Malais
06-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Should be interesting. :)

Adsinonimous
06-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm so excited for this for phenomenon. As soon as I heard about this idea I have been filling with anticipation for this collaboration between two great companies.

Quizzical Harpy
06-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Elrar and walsingham are both here? :O! This game will be EPIC!

Turrant
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Elrar and walsingham are both here? :O! This game will be EPIC!

Don't forget Myll_Eric! I remember him communicating with us a lot on the End of Nation forums.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 02:30 AM
I already feel at home in these forums and I didn't play any of the other games!

Sager
06-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Well, finally we have long waited for, all the greetings.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Well, finally we have long waited for, all the greetings.

Hey! Very nice to meet you and everyone else currently on the Forums. Great community already!

Tryne the Time Traveler
06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Super excited to have accidentally stumbled upon this! I'm very much looking forward to both the video game and the TV series. :]

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Super excited to have accidentally stumbled upon this! I'm very much looking forward to both the video game and the TV series. :]

I'm so glad I also stumbled across defiance. I was watching E3 and I was just about to turn off but then Defiance came on and I was amazed and just so intrigued at the concept.

Escyos
06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Welcome everyone! Don't forget to sign up on the Defiance Wiki (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Defiance_Wiki) and check out all the concentrated info we have, which lately has been growing very quickly.

Adsinonimous
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Welcome to all Newcomers! Please make sure to look at all the other threads to find out more information about the game. There is lots of information being found out right now!

Defiant Angel
06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Hi Everybody! I am so excited. I can't wait to play this game and watch the show! I hope this game is as awesome as it looks and everything is coming along as planned.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 01:37 PM
I am looking forward to seeing how they merge these two forms of entertainment. If they can pull this off, it will be a revolution!!

moonboy1207
06-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Wow its a gun game

Shrapnil
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I am looking forward to seeing how they merge these two forms of entertainment. If they can pull this off, it will be a revolution!!

I agree, this could be the start of a major entertainment medium. Where we the gamers effect the show directly. I think if it works more companies will try it and more producers like SyFy will start to merge with the gaming community.

I think this was bound to happen, since gaming is becoming a large part of everyday life all over the world.

Gscully
06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, I like the idea of an invasion and fighting to survive. Off to read more info on it now.

Adsinonimous
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, I like the idea of an invasion and fighting to survive. Off to read more info on it now.

Be sure to check out the Stickied Thread about "E3 2012" and also check out the article linked in this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?63-Ten-Ton-Hammer-s-hands-on-with-Defiance)

Muttles
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Woot! excited to see things starting! Talk about a crazy project but if any team can pull it off it's Trion.

Shubawks
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm so glad I also stumbled across defiance. I was watching E3 and I was just about to turn off but then Defiance came on and I was amazed and just so intrigued at the concept.

Amen to that - I'm totally stoked for this game.

Walsingham
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm fashionably late as always!

Better late than never. :p

Commissar_Gaunt
06-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Amen to that - I'm totally stoked for this game.

I love the fact that the guy saying he's stoked for this game has a Halo avatar. XD

Adsinonimous
06-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I love the fact that the guy saying he's stoked for this game has a Halo avatar. XD

Hmm, I guess it shows he likes sci fi shooters. :) I didn't even realize it was Halo until you said it. hehe

Severance
06-24-2012, 07:51 AM
This looks very promising! Hit me up if you want any alpha/beta testers. My friend and I are serious testers that give real feedback and try to help fix/solve in game issues too.

Kalbuir
06-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Been interested in Defiance since following RIFT prelaunch and the only hints back then were a link between TV and gaming. Everything sounds super promising I hope you guys succeed in building the bridge from Console to PC, there are certainly a lot of challenges ahead but wouldn't be the first time TRION suprised me.

TomFallion
06-29-2012, 05:30 AM
"coolest thing since EON." *clicks on it* *Pukes rainbows* SWEEEEEEEETT!!!!!!

Peebojam
06-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Very excited about what Trion is trying to do here. Looking forward to great things.

Adsinonimous
06-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Very excited about what Trion is trying to do here. Looking forward to great things.

I'm sure we wont be disappointed. I have sincere faith in Trion to make this work! :)

Devla
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Just registered, been keeping an eye on this one!

Adsinonimous
07-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Just registered, been keeping an eye on this one!

Welcome to the Defiance Forums! - I know that we wont be disappointed by the feat that is coming our way! Defiance is going to blow our minds. (It's already blown me away)

Dewbunny
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Just hopped over from Telara, I'm really looking forward to this!

Kalbuir
07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice.to see so many.people so far from RIFT jump on Defiancr, that should give.initial interest a nice boost. TRION must be doing something right!

Adsinonimous
07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Nice.to see so many.people so far from RIFT jump on Defiancr, that should give.initial interest a nice boost. TRION must be doing something right!

Yeah, I agree. I think Defiance has an advantage with the RIFT community coming over to check this game out as I expect the number of people who know about it at release will be a lot larger than RIFTs initial audience, which is great.

Also, Trion do everything right! :D

Cavsgt
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow was just turned on to this game. Now the hard part waiting for Beta and the game to release. I played Rift for awhile.

Lagalot
07-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks trion looks like another great game on the way.

Thegrimreaper
07-18-2012, 06:08 AM
As i enjoy everyday i hope you guys will keep delivering such quality projects such as RIFT has been till now.

ej2020
07-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Really excited to see the project realized! Can't wait to see the show and play the game!

I was very impressed with Rift's launch and enjoyed the game a lot.

Great job Trion!

Telnedra
07-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Excited to this going on. Should be awesome!

Jenbuu
07-22-2012, 01:39 AM
just re watched the Comic con panel again so cant wait for t his, love how the actors are involved and how passionate they are, lets hope the community is just as passionate about the game.

and i keep saying to myself, name your characters properly!! so hopefully not l33t names lol

Necrullz
07-27-2012, 04:37 AM
I can sense good things to come very some :3 Oh how I hate/LOVE that feeling of waiting to be able to play a brand spanking new game not even open to beta yet!

Sam
07-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Hello I like this game.

Kitty_stirfry4_2_0
07-30-2012, 03:33 PM
well thnx ror havin me (xd)

Avion Xavier
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to giving this game a test run.

Matt Treck
08-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Greetings everyone!

Can't wait for the game, and the show for that matter!

Jenbuu
08-04-2012, 06:26 AM
welcome new comers
glad to have you here :)

check the links in my sig :)

Inixia
08-04-2012, 04:25 PM
The concept for this is so awesome :D
Can't wait to see more! Is there any lore tidbits ppl can direct me to? Like what is Arktech exactly?
Love the postapocalypic genre <3

Kalbuir
08-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey Inixia (welcome), best to go to the current fan run wiki at http://en.defiance-wiki.com it has most of the current information. It has all the confirmed info surrounding the game and some decent amount of lore.

Inixia
08-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Hey Inixia (welcome), best to go to the current fan run wiki at http://en.defiance-wiki.com it has most of the current information. It has all the confirmed info surrounding the game and some decent amount of lore.

cool, thanks for the link :)

the faceless man
08-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Very excited for this game. Trion has became my favorite developer...huge fan. Very exciting times! Hello to all!

Sugarfree
08-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Greetings everyone ;)

somehow I've lost my old forum credential (former "sugar4free" account) so I made a new one.

Anyways, I hope I'll have fun here

this concept you described in your vids + the 3rd person science-fiction mmo mixed with interconnectivity to a TV show is awesome !!!

Kudos to you guys ! If you maintain your promises (as Trion usually does) I think we'll assist a new era of gaming industry.

Just one quick question:

I saw that Comic-Con interview and I am curious about one thingy---> if we'll have 3 worlds (PC/PS3/XBOX360) which one of these will determine/influence TV-show modifications due to ingame plots evolving out of battles, community etc... ?
Aren't those 3 worlds somehow connected ? Please someone explains this (if there is already intel on that matter, ofc ;) )

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:22 PM
walsingham, elrar, and myll_erik ftw!

Mirimon
08-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Greetings everyone ;)

somehow I've lost my old forum credential (former "sugar4free" account) so I made a new one.

Anyways, I hope I'll have fun here

Kudos to you guys ! If you maintain your promises (as Trion usually does) I think we'll assist a new era of gaming industry.

Just one quick question:

I saw that Comic-Con interview and I am curious about one thingy---> if we'll have 3 worlds (PC/PS3/XBOX360) which one of these will determine/influence TV-show modifications due to ingame plots evolving out of battles, community etc... ?
Aren't those 3 worlds somehow connected ? Please someone explains this (if there is already intel on that matter, ofc ;) )

I thought they were all playing on the same servers? (might be an issue with the xbox community, as I understand xbox is severely restricted to play on xboxlive servers only, unlike playstation which gives publishers the freedom to use either sony or any other server they want, not to mention, corss platform games are neat and all, but the limitations of xbox's capabilities to genuinely process top notch graphics usually leaves such cross platform games dumbed down to a ghost of what it could have been.. a great concern to me.)

also..am I correct to say this is played in the 3rd person over the shoulder point of view? TBH, that is the one point of view I dislike most of all, as it allows for peeping around corners without risk and also tends to block the screen with what might be important information, like bad guys...

I much prefer the 1st person perspectives with view of arms and "arms" with the option to scale out to semi translucent 3rd and birds eye 3rd.

Can't wait to get some testing done on this either way. Pls make sure to include 100% customized UI, like was done with rift.

NearioNL
08-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Very anxious about this one. I am no FPS-player by a long shot, but Defiance might just be the right thing for me anyway.
Was waiting for Dust514, but I think Defiance will be the better one.
Waiting for beta :D

Ravallian
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
As former Rift player I only have good thing to say about the Dev and after seeing the vids for Defiance....I'll preorder to or row if I could....unless its F2P :p

Mirimon
08-22-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm still sad about the decision to go 3rd person over the shoulder... atm I can't even think of a game that did that well at all using this method that only had that point of view..

Tross
08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
I was just about to pay for the year of Rift in order to get the expansion for free, but then I noticed Defiance in the "Manage Games" tab which led me to here. Now I'm not so sure if I should get the year of rift since I've been awaiting the release of Defiance.

I'll admit, I did some hard core geeking out when the trailer finally came out. I've never been big on watching tv and sometimes I go a few weeks without even turning on the tube. I am, however a huge movie buff and of course a gamer. I can even enjoy watching friends play games if they have a good enough plot. I see Defiance signalling the changing of the tides.

I just wonder if Valentine will make an appearance and rescue Helena again. Dibs on the Mask!

Mirimon
08-24-2012, 03:55 PM
it's both good and bad.. when it comes to traditionally non-interactive media, while giving consumers exactly what they want may increase initial product installment, sometimes giving them exactly what they don't expect makes for a better, longer lasting and more memorable art. Hopefully a solid production team will be able to balance the needs from the wants.

anybody else sad about firefly ending? or would liked to have seen Terra Nova go on a bit more? There are a few great shows out there that have good fanbases... but for what ever reasons did not make it. There are also large amounts of stories and epic tales waiting to be retold.. if only the people who manage to do the telling could not ruin them soo much.

Mindfix
08-25-2012, 11:55 AM
it's both good and bad.. when it comes to traditionally non-interactive media, while giving consumers exactly what they want may increase initial product installment, sometimes giving them exactly what they don't expect makes for a better, longer lasting and more memorable art. Hopefully a solid production team will be able to balance the needs from the wants.

anybody else sad about firefly ending? or would liked to have seen Terra Nova go on a bit more? There are a few great shows out there that have good fanbases... but for what ever reasons did not make it. There are also large amounts of stories and epic tales waiting to be retold.. if only the people who manage to do the telling could not ruin them soo much.

Firefly i did enjoy for a time and even liked the spin off movie Serenity. As for Terra Nova i tried i really did try to get into the show watched the first few episodes loved the concept but just couldn't get into it. I am sort of a scifi buff and Defiance is the show i'm really looking forward to so here's to hoping it's a success.

Dawnbreaker
09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I am really looking forward to this game as well. I'm not big into FPS games but as others have mentioned in this thread..this may be the one that gets me interested.

@Mindfix..I hated Firefly *coughs and smiles looking at signature*

thejackal
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Hello names luke. Heard about defiance from a friend so been looking into it and browsing the forums here. I have never been huge into mmos but always like fps games and was a big fan of GoW and after looking at this game and seeing its for console I'm going to give I a go.

At0mic_Cyb0rg
09-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to Trion Worlds in general as I haven't played any of the games (yet) but I have a question. Call me a noob, but... Where do I find info on Defiance? So far, all I can piece together is it's either an FPS or an MMORPG and it's set in a changed Earth 30 years in the future... Any other info would be great!

Night Hawke
09-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to Trion Worlds in general as I haven't played any of the games (yet) but I have a question. Call me a noob, but... Where do I find info on Defiance? So far, all I can piece together is it's either an FPS or an MMORPG and it's set in a changed Earth 30 years in the future... Any other info would be great!

Currently the details are a bit vague. Here's what i know, It's set some time after aliens come to earth and begin to terraform the planet. A war ensues, most of the planet is messed up or terraformed. The game takes place around 30 years after those events, both humans and aliens share the planet. the game takes place in San Francisco and the TV show will air on SyFy and takes place in St. louis.

The style of game Is MMOTPS/RPG. its a massively multiplayer Third person shooter with RPG elements.

Here's a link to a video showing some pvp gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysLJM1eu_aw

and a few more videos;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QJ3j0mzClE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVULUdChTls&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IewckYIYwpE&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY2HXXT757A&feature=plcp

hope that helps :)

Mindfix
09-05-2012, 05:41 PM

Welcome to the forums! Wanna learn more about defiance try a search for some of their E3 showing that was pretty good. Also if you want to play a good mmo and a Trion game check out Rift.

Warthog
09-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Can't wait to see all of yall in game and watch on SYFY! I love fps but after looking at and reading about this game.......well lets just say "i'm here"!

worldwarviolin
09-15-2012, 09:05 PM
cant wait go get this cool looking game and watch the show i was actuly born in st luis missuri, kinda funny

fido9dido
09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the team!!
oh you are here too ... interesting
so forum team work on all Trion games ?

Caradavin_Rose
10-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Indiana Rifter just shouting out, can't wait!

Lady Selene
10-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi, I'm new to Trion Worlds. I'm very excited about this, can't wait to begin.
Dark Blessing ☾✪☽

Disdain
10-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Yeah, excited about this game, it has such great potential. I’ve mailed everyone in my address book about it to try get them involved, so Trion, don’t let me down :P

James diGriz
10-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow I am so glad this game has come out! It seems like to me sci-fi has gotten away from science fiction and gone almost totally horror. You have truly given me hope again. I have played Rift since it's go live and been very impressed with Trion Worlds. I have been playing MMO since the third expansion of Ever Quest. I would have to say that the progression of the best MMOs is Ever Quest, world of World of War Craft, and now Rift. As far as I am concerned Trion is on the cutting edge. Keep up the good work.

Darktide
10-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Can't wait for all this to happen. Is it just me or does April seem a long time away.
Been a while since there as been a new fresh exciting sci-fi show. The whole game and tv show combo sounds great.

Darktide
10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
P.S.
There has not been a fresh exciting sci-fi show since Farscape. Now that was fun.

CDS
10-17-2012, 09:33 AM
It would be nice if certain portions of the game could be released prior to April. Like the ability to log on and start building your character, etc. along with other opportunities to begin collecting new weapons or supplies, etc. I'm not into online gaming, but I find this use of a integrated hybrid game/tv show from conception, rather interesting for what else it may spawn in the future. The potential is truly amazing, and would be exciting to be a part of it.

CDS
10-17-2012, 09:57 AM
You can ignore this, I'm just testing something. 1.5

CDS
10-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Sorry for the wasted space here - last test.

Dmec
10-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Rift, EoN and now this :)

Juicy
10-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Enjoyed playing/testing both of Trion's other games and am really looking forward to a good FPS MMO and after watching the livestream feature it was a no brainer.

Thentilian
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I've personally had concepts such as this rattling around in my head for years. Never thought I'd see it happen in the gaming community.

It's great to see such great risk taking on a venture such as this. What I see of the game I like so far. I do see a lot of PvP elements being shown off, but haven't seen alot of the PvE stuff and what you have to look foward to in that aspect and how leveling mechanics and such work.

I'm much more of a co-op or PvE oriented player than PvP. PvP is something I do when bored of PvE content to pass the time. It's not really a story based plot driven part of most games and just de-evolves into mindless fragfests. I just hope there is plenty of PvE content to explore and defeat otherwise this game is going to fall very flat on it's face if it's too PvP oriented with a lot of the PvE people.

I'm a bit more interested in the show at this point. I was fairly dissapointed with Rift. I like the game but really got to dislike the community. The overall player base seemed less skilled and less organized. Trying to get anything done end-game for raiding was damn near impossible to find any guilds capable of doing so. I just hope that doesn't happen here.

I am curious how events are going to affect the show seeing how anything done in game would literally have to be written in and then filmed. I imagine there would be quite a delay in that whole process, but interesting idea none-the-less.

Anyways, glad to see this around and hope much more interest comes about very soon. Also, does anyone know when beta is going to happen? I've done quite a bit of beta testing for other MMO's and would really like to help out on this one.

TwilightFalchion
10-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey My Name is Twilight Falchion I come from the End of Nations forums from the petroglyphed westwood. I currently reside in New Zealand. Heres hoping to be ....doing something with you all soon

Jenbuu
10-28-2012, 03:38 AM
I would like to welcome all the new people to the forums.
We've seen quiet a few new faces and i hope that you guys stick about :-)

If you want to know whats kicking with the game check out the other sticky in this forum or click

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?284-One-stop-shop-for-Information

Enjoy :-)

Tombstone4U
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for having me buddy!! LOL sorry for the South Park reference but had to say it!! I must say once again I'm really excited for this games release as I am not the shooter type gamer this really has my interest peaked. Looks awesome from what I've seen thus far on youtube and can't wait to get into the game and kick some butt with the rest of you!! Keep up the good work all!!

Javel_Remois
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Hi thanks so much for running this forum. I have only discovered Defiance in the last week and I am already addicted! Can't wait for the launch, particularly the TV Show. Have even created a whole new alter ego ready to play.

Allons
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Been watching this game from the start hard to wait until April

Sypha Darkke
12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I have been looking forward to this game/show since I saw it @ E3. As April gets closer, I grow more and more excited. If this project fulfills its potential, it should be EPIC! So I am happy to be part of the community.

:cool:

Paladin
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
I've been wondering what this was ever since I first saw the concept art in an ad for game informers new digital copies in June. I know it's a weird place to hear about a game but I've been hooked on this game ever since! Can't wait for it to come out!

Balkoth68
12-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Had a ? bout the game. I apologize if I missed this somewhere in a different post.
Im registered for beta & waiting for word but noticed something on site that bothered me. I was looking to see more on the game or if I could start any kind of setting up accnt. I clicked on the game link and it sent me to facebook, as if I had to register with facebook to play the game. Please tell me this isnt so. Im hoping I just clicked a wrong link. Honestly when I saw the Facebook registration I got disgusted & closed my browser. Then I thought maybe I should check into it more before I gave up.

So, I dont have to go through facebook to play, do I?
As long as that isnt the case, Ill wait patiently for my code ;)

Thanks for any help clearing this up

Rogue Roxy
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Balkoth68: Didn't have to sign up w/ Facebook. I don't use it any more.

I've been enjoying playing so far, but lots to learn. I'm looking forward to more content. One thing that seems odd to me is that the game knows what I've accumulated in my inventory, but doesn't seem to recognise the quests (pursuits?) I've already done. They keep showing up. I don't mind it, but I'm wondering how much they count for past achievements.

At any rate, if you see me in-game, don't be offended if I don't have a chat with you; I'm going solo for awhile as I learn the play-style and controls. By all means say 'Hi', but keep in mind that my chat skills aren't the greatest. At some point, though, I may be looking for a mature group to join up with who won't mind a newbie FPS player tagging along for fun gaming (not looking for über serious gameplay, thx).

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game!

~ Roxy

bigjim
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I am totally stoked for this game. How do I get it?

Twigge
12-21-2012, 12:01 AM
This game is gunna be Epic!!!!!

Suun Brakur
12-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Balkoth68: Didn't have to sign up w/ Facebook. I don't use it any more.

I've been enjoying playing so far, but lots to learn. I'm looking forward to more content. One thing that seems odd to me is that the game knows what I've accumulated in my inventory, but doesn't seem to recognise the quests (pursuits?) I've already done. They keep showing up. I don't mind it, but I'm wondering how much they count for past achievements.

At any rate, if you see me in-game, don't be offended if I don't have a chat with you; I'm going solo for awhile as I learn the play-style and controls. By all means say 'Hi', but keep in mind that my chat skills aren't the greatest. At some point, though, I may be looking for a mature group to join up with who won't mind a newbie FPS player tagging along for fun gaming (not looking for über serious gameplay, thx).

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game!

~ Roxy

Working on creating a clan of newbies myself if you know of others let them know about the UnderDawgs Of Defiance a small group of newbie like myself (PC). Created a forum for the clan, it will be a learn as you go but hope to be organized and help each other in some form or fashion, do role-play (in regards to all thing discuss at the forum is game and series related not personal stuff). Waiting for BETA access to get things going though. Maybe when BETA is out see you on the field.

Razoreddie
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Still a Trion fan playing Rift! Nice to see familiar faces in the Moderator community. Really interested to see how this goes!

Rogue Roxy
12-24-2012, 04:19 PM
♫ Merry Christmas ♫ to all!

~ Roxy:D

Cronus
12-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Hey y'all. Looking forward to this game

endingturmoil
12-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I hope this is released as free-to-play because it simply will be more attractive to buy. Especially for console users. Solutions to do this would be a online pass key so that the only way to be online is to purchase the game brand new so all the profits will go to Trion. DLC add-ons would be greatly appreciated because they would prolong the game life of defiance and bring profit's to Trion. To be honest I don't think the advertising for this game has been very successful. Very few people even know the existence of the game. I think a marketing campaign is in order at least two months before release, so people will know that Defiance is available. I also don't think The details about the game are very specific. Yes I do have a good grasp of the setting, and customization, but I want to know more about the specific importance my character will have on the world, along with the details about guilds. More importantly I would like to have specific details on how an MMO will work on the Xbox360 because hardly any exist on the consoles.

stormaaron
12-26-2012, 11:54 AM
. More importantly I would like to have specific details on how an MMO will work on the Xbox360 because hardly any exist on the consoles. you would be surprised there are many MMO players on the Xbox 360 ( I being one of them ) who cant enjoy the a mmo like this because none come to us give us all something to rally under who knows it might start something bigger

Tenz
12-26-2012, 12:56 PM
i never played Rift but i heard plenty of good things about it.

I cant wait for the show and the game to come out i only found out about this like 2 days ago and already im too stoked for words.

I hope the 360 version comes with some great pre order stuff.

PualGoldCoat
12-27-2012, 08:07 PM
I just enlisted!

I guess im going to read through this thread.
But is there anything, I hate to say it, a noob should know?

Thanks

Suun Brakur
12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I just enlisted!

Thanks

I say welcome aboard!

I think we all pretty much on the same level. I know I am searching the internet for some new information from videos to mechanics of the game.

DJ Dirty
01-03-2013, 05:30 AM
I'm really excited about this new game/concept! I've been plowing through all the mmo's out there looking for something that is not a fantsy type game with wizards and knights. I want real people solving issues, and this looks really good. I can barely wait to get my hands on it!
On a side note, I would also love to promote this new game on my radio station, radioparagon.com. We are refugees from City of Heroes and have moved on to incompass other games and this might be a new game home for me! If it's not an issue I would love to run a little ad! :cool:

squidgod2000
01-03-2013, 06:41 AM
I just enlisted!

Thanks

There's a lot of information out there for people willing to dig through the marketing fluff and find it.

Trion hasn't really started their release push yet, but as we get closer to Beta and release you'll likely see more info dumps (especially if the beta is NDA-free). Right now the best you can hope for is little dribbles of info from dev interviews. Just keep in mind that those interviews are as much about selling the game and generating interest/hype as it is explaining game systems.

If you have any specific questions, just make a post. There are some well informed people on the forums, and it's likely that the devs and CMs will start to take a greater interest in these forums now that the holidays have passed and they're starting to gear up for launch.

Deacon
01-03-2013, 12:29 PM
As a writer, game designer and a gamer, I'm really excited about the potential of both the television series and this MMORPG.

CMax
01-03-2013, 07:28 PM
As a writer, game designer and a gamer, I'm really excited about the potential of both the television series and this MMORPG.

Definitely.

Myself as well. I really think this game/TV series combo has the potential to offer a huge sense of game immersion. I am really excited for that.

Myll_Erik
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the forums folks! Glad to have all of you here!

DJ Dirty
01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm thrilled to be here and can't wait for spring to get here! This game sounds amazing!

Xecution
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm thrilled to be here and can't wait for spring to get here! This game sounds amazing!

/agree

can't' wait to play ! MMO+Shooter+ made by Trion ! This game is gonna be Legen...Wait For It...DARY ! :cool:

bzzerc
01-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Glad to be here and can't to mix it up in game this will be awesome!!! :D

Guardian
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Hey all! Just got my invite for the stress test, and look forward to seeing you all in-game tomorrow night!

Vassult
01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey all! Just got my invite for the stress test, and look forward to seeing you all in-game tomorrow night!

Likewise, see you all there. Time to spend the next 24 hours reading everything here.

Inmysights
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
WOW, I was shocked to see my invite today when checking my email at work, I was happy the rest of the day! Cant wait until after work tomorrow to play, see y'all there!

Zilched
01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I received an invite to this game last night, no idea what it is, how it's played or why I was asked... but I'll give it a whirl to help out with stress/test.

I watch Syfy often, but over the years since NBC took over the quality of content has dropped off to the point where the channel is almost a parody of what it once was in it's prime (Farscape, Lexx, etc).

If this is shot in the correct direction to revive a once fine SCI-FI network, let's do it.

tordana
01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
High hopes for this game. RIFT was amazing, I'm looking forward to Defiance. :)

SilverTongue79
01-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Can't wait for this to get down and dirty...hopefully this interactive game & TV combo breaks down another wall in entertainment! And if it starts to bring back the epicness that was Sci-Fi it is an added bonus.

BerrySenpai90
01-11-2013, 03:50 AM
Installing the beta client now and thanks Trion.

Draugkir
01-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Yup.
Hi everyone.

Rift beta was very well done and very professional.. hoping to have the same experience with Defiance.

:thumbs up:

Myll_Erik
01-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forums folks - glad to have you!

DJBlaze
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I try to go on to beta and it says servers are down. whats up with that?

DeityDarkLink
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I try to go on to beta and it says servers are down. whats up with that?

paitence, the stress test starts at 6pm pst

Evilbrew
01-11-2013, 06:52 PM
4 minutes and counting!:cool:

Xpinete
01-11-2013, 06:54 PM
4 minutes and counting!:cool:

please, add seconds next

BerrySenpai90
01-12-2013, 02:03 AM
I never got a chance to test out Defiance since it was way too late for me to test.

R0nin
01-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Hi, R0nin here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been following the game for about the past month, and I'm looking forward to playing!

Boom Headshot
01-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Everybody I Am Boom Headshot!. :cool: Looking Foward To Play This Amazing Masterpiece. :o

IGears
01-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi, R0nin here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been following the game for about the past month, and I'm looking forward to playing!

LOL Nice avatar picture... You play There? i havent been on there since it went offline. i got invited to join again but they want too much a month for it.

R0nin
01-12-2013, 12:45 PM
LOL Nice avatar picture... You play There? i havent been on there since it went offline. i got invited to join again but they want too much a month for it.
Whoa, another Thereian? Yay, I used to play it. Haven't been on since it closed-- is it back? Not that I would go back at this point...

Most of my gaming time is spent on WoW and Diablo 3 lately. I played Rift for a while but didn't stay with it for some reason.

Mantiss
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Yay Defiance!

Can't wait to see how this game progresses and wondering when the next stream will be?

Atilla
01-16-2013, 07:03 AM
I cant wait to play it

Fry
01-16-2013, 09:34 AM
hey all
ready to start the pre load for the weekend and i cant wait :D

DrFaust
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
hey all
ready to start the pre load for the weekend and i cant wait :D

Couldn't agree more!

ecaflip
01-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Hey all, I'm keeping my expectations on this game low for the time being. It might end up like an SOE title and be pay2win with hordes of denying fanboys

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey all, I'm keeping my expectations on this game low for the time being. It might end up like an SOE title and be pay2win with hordes of denying fanboys

I don't think it will be considering it is a retail boxed game but who knows.. only time will tell but Trion won me over with rift so im hoping they continue with Defiance

Aaricane
01-18-2013, 07:47 AM
I don't think it will be considering it is a retail boxed game but who knows.. only time will tell but Trion won me over with rift so im hoping they continue with DefianceI agree. Tho i was not able to play RIFT for over 6 months, ((the computer i was using was borrowed)) the game was incredibly fun and the setting was gorgeous. I played long enough to max both a Cleric and the Warrior and had been active in raids for 2 months.

If this Defiance game can capture that same feeling as RIFT, i assume it will be a splendid hit for them.
Especially more say if the can bring this same quality to the PS3 and 360.

Long have i waited for a MMO on consoles. Hopefully Trion hits a home-run on this one!

Myll_Erik
01-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome to Defiance folks - glad to have you!

UberNinja
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
I just can't wait to break the game. I love finding exploits...

Elrian
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm hyped! Can't wait for April already!

Ragnarok Militia
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ragnarok-Militia/420738391334342 we are a clan that is recruiting for defiance and the only requirement is tht you have an xbox 360 and be 16 or older to join roles and other specifications will be made on release pls msg for invi Gt on Xbox Live is D3AD DREAD