PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed that weapon drops and vendor items have less mod slots on pickup

Unseen Evil
04-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Im at EGO 1775 and just started noticing that weapon drops and vendor items have less mod slots open when i get them, the main one i noticed was the AR in the hidden vendor by Minigun Mayhem, until today it always had all 4 mod slots open but today when i went to have a look it only had 1. Even the orange SMG i had replaced yesterday after it disappeared from my inventory had 2 slots

Have the devs tweaked the chances for mod slots?

Snowranger19
04-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Changes based on EGO level...

ten4
04-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Higher you go, less mod slots. Costs over 150k resources to mod 2 slots for me now.

Tgreen
04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Question would be did anyone not notice ... and the cost increase while resource income stays the same is just as awesome.

Ms Velvet
04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm EGO 1524 n for the last 60 or so lvls ive noticed this as well. Most of the weapons were white n a couple of blues. Nothing special but im dreading seeing a weapon i may want n how much ark salvage it will cost to add mod slots.

Unseen Evil
04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
It just seemed to happen suddenly, i was getting drops yesterday with all 4 slots open then today only 1 even on blues. Its things like this that make a joke of the weapon rarity scheme, surely a higher rarity weapon would have more slots open not less. And dont get me started on the weapon xp system

I do like this game but some of the design choices are baffling.

Snowranger19
04-24-2013, 04:54 PM
It is to make you want to ditch the weapon and spend your resources. Otherwise, you would just continue to get weapons with all slots and not use any of your ark resources.

Now you have to say hmmmm 1000ego weapon with all mods or 2000ego weapon that does a little more damage and reloads faster, but i will have to spend resources on modding it. /workingasintended

It just seemed to happen suddenly, i was getting drops yesterday with all 4 slots open then today only 1 even on blues. Its things like this that make a joke of the weapon rarity scheme, surely a higher rarity weapon would have more slots open not less. And dont get me started on the weapon xp system

I do like this game but some of the design choices are baffling.

Yokai
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM
So wait: you're saying that weapons you already owned with 4 mod slots on them suddenly have less than 4?

Snowranger19
04-24-2013, 04:56 PM
No... weapons at your new ego level will drop with less slots available at the start.

So you used to get assault rifles with 4 slots, but now that your a higher ego, they drop with 2, for example.

ten4
04-24-2013, 04:58 PM
This is why I am considering making an alt to level 1kish and having it stop there just to buy weapons for my main...gear really is not all that much different be it 1k or 3k+...except weapons only have one mod slot now.

Unseen Evil
04-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt for the fact that when you start out you dont really get mod slots then it opens up and gives you them all then takes them away again later. The resource thing isnt a massive deal really, i have 100k of it and dont really let it dip below that and i rarely buy from vendors so dont use cash so i will just salvage more and build up a bigger stockpile of resources for use later on

Mladenov
04-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Hmm i dont think this is the case.
I'm like 2100 EGO rating atm, and time to time i see in special vendors weapons with 4 mod slots.
I dont buy all special vendor weapons tbh, low on money, but time to time i see these...

Wabbles
04-24-2013, 05:41 PM
I once I hit near 2000 EGO I too noticed less mod slots on weapons, but I also noticed that some weapons now have better bonuses. I even found a white FRC Assault Carbine with a 1.25x Crit bonus.