PDA

View Full Version : New environments?

AdamGATX105
04-25-2013, 12:04 AM
So heres my question. The TV show is called Defiance and is named after the town. The MMO game is suposed to be set in that world and go hand in hand but we are on the west coast around san fran. So does anyone know if theres plans to add more in DLC? Expansion Packs? Will we be able to go to Defiance?

mbergeron
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Well I have lived in California and don't remeber San Fran being on the east coast:D The game and show take place in the same world at the same time. We are on the west coast.

TheRealTFreezy
04-25-2013, 12:12 AM
We will be getting dlc, though what it will consist of is still unsure. We will be getting episode missions that go along with the show but I'm going to doubt we will be going to defiance. My reasoning is because the point is to have us in the same world, same setting, but different experiences. If we get to go to defiance while the show is there then what I do in my game should effect the show but what if you haven't done that same thing yet and now we are stuck with random events that make sense to some and don't to others. I hope that at least made a little sense.

Recco
04-25-2013, 12:17 AM
But what if we get to go to defiance during the season break? Cool thought and I highly doubt it'll happen but it would be cool.

Defy
04-25-2013, 02:11 AM
I"m guessing in future DLCs there will be new areas

necrodegmon
04-25-2013, 02:19 AM
but is the game set at the same time as the series because in the game the castithan Shondu says that the dark matter troops havnt exsisted since fort defiance 15 years ago is the game set in the future from the series?

Lt Clayton
04-25-2013, 05:31 AM
Hi Necro, yes set in the same time zone as the story missions showed with Nolan and Irisa stealing our crystal. To answer your question about the battle of defiance did not happen in defiance (St Louis). St louis was renamed defiance in respect of the battle. I saw someone said the battle was in San Fran but not sure about this fact yet.

rabbit0227
04-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi Necro, yes set in the same time zone as the story missions showed with Nolan and Irisa stealing our crystal. To answer your question about the battle of defiance did not happen in defiance (St Louis). St louis was renamed defiance in respect of the battle. I saw someone said the battle was in San Fran but not sure about this fact yet.

if you read the little captions while your game is loading you will learn alot about why you are in cali. and the series takes place in st. louis... as to the other question...

new areas in the dlc... very likely, but it will probibly not take us out of california... and the reason they wont let us go to defiance is simple... would be to hard to mesh every bodies toon into the tv show...

you would have people constantly,,, " i was there when that happened on the show.. where was my charecter." sounds stupid... but we all have seen those people who would ask those questions...

but either way cant wait to see what they come up with... hope its worth the scrip.

Maximilion
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
would be to hard to mesh every bodies toon into the tv show...

Don't understand why people keep referring to their in-game characters as 'toons'? This is my first MMO though...

AdamGATX105
04-25-2013, 09:03 AM
My hopes where it might be added as a high end game city where ppl just go to hang out and check out the vendors with a few quest starting there but not really involved with the show. Being that this is my 1st MMO most have a larg city like that and kinda thought Defiance would be a good set for one. But Im starting to get the feel that this game wants to stand out in its own way from most MMOs and do its own thing nothing really feels like anything Ive played in the past. As far as any other areas I thought maybe we branch out into Nervada or maybe fast travel Alaska. Defiance era Vegas and area 51be intreasting.

Pyth
04-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Don't you see those large shaded areas outside of our unlocked map?

My guess is that those will be the DLC zones. We already know that one DLC is gonna deal with Von Bach and possibly another with Cass and her Brother. I can't even guess on the rest.

JD nutz
04-25-2013, 09:45 AM
with all the shaded areas on the map, i,m guessing they are going to open these as new areas, also i read somewhere that the little shaded area in san francisco is where Fort Defiance is, i,ve been up there on the outskirts and there is outposts to defend.