PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Sledge, et al Community Managers (Forum design)

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Sledge and all associated community managers,

I beg of thee, please give us options to remove certain forums from showing up in our "new posts". I am an English speaking, PC playing, non-trade interested, technicaly savy person.

So why must I dig through hundreds of German posts, French posts, posts about someone's monitor flicking, or posts about why PS3 is better than Xbox 360?

Also,

I know this has been brought up about the trade forums, but I really don't use it.

Is there any chance we can get the trade forum broken down into PC, Xbox 360, and PS3?

Thanks in advance,
Big C.

Gradius
04-25-2013, 09:56 AM
The only thing I'd like to see is an option hide threads that I have no interest in. Would make my forum experience *much* better if I didn't have to see all the threads rehashing current issues.

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM

alienoid
04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd love that too. BTW, I'm French and all I get is English posts (doesn't bother me at all). Think it's a minigame to mix up languages ? ;)

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
I'd love that too. BTW, I'm French and all I get is English posts (doesn't bother me at all). Think it's a minigame to mix up languages ? ;)

But at least you can speak English! The only thing I know in French is, Crepe. And I doubt that would do me a whole lotta good. :)

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
So why must I dig through hundreds of German posts, French posts, posts about someone's monitor flicking, or posts about why PS3 is better than Xbox 360?

They offer a greater amount of information than only threads of only 1 language and 1 system could offer.

And it's not hard to spot the posts that don't concern you if you don't know the language ... if you can't make any sense of any of the words don't click on it.

The trade section being one giant mess with people still forgetting specs and location in the title ... it's 50/50 fault of users and Trion ... well, maybe 20/80, but since [PC/EU] or whatever doesn't take that long to write the cummunity as a whole isn't without fault.
And moving the whole thing into the game in form of a trading post would be an even bigger step in the right direction.

alienoid
04-25-2013, 12:26 PM
But at least you can speak English! The only thing I know in French is, Crepe. And I doubt that would do me a whole lotta good. :)

That's a good word with many uses. For example, you can eat a Crpe, of course (it's a kind of french pancake for those not speaking french ;) ) but also you can use in Defiance the expression "je me suis fait aplatir comme une crpe" (I've been flatten like a crpe) which is used when you got you rear seriously handed to you by mobs or players ;)

Oceanhawk
04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
That's a good word with many uses. For example, you can eat a Crpe, of course (it's a kind of french pancake for those not speaking french ;) ) but also you can use in Defiance the expression "je me suis fait aplatir comme une crpe" (I've been flatten like a crpe) which is used when you got you rear seriously handed to you by mobs or players ;)

Or you can use "Holy crpe I just got steamrolled"

alienoid
04-25-2013, 12:37 PM

I'll never see crpe in the same way now, thank you Oceanhawk lol

Silverbluetree
04-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Sledge and all associated community managers,

I beg of thee, please give us options to remove certain forums from showing up in our "new posts". I am an English speaking, PC playing, non-trade interested, technicaly savy person.

Also,

I know this has been brought up about the trade forums, but I really don't use it.

Is there any chance we can get the trade forum broken down into PC, Xbox 360, and PS3?

Thanks in advance,
Big C.

Agreed - these forums are severly lacking in quality tools :(

Ciannon
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM

je me suis fait aplatir comme une crpe

Got it!

Ciannon
04-26-2013, 06:40 AM
I received a response to my PM on this stating that they will not create subforums for trade. Apparently, it's our responsibility to dig through the posts to find out which platform the "seller/trader/buyer" is on. While I disagree with this methodology, this is not my forum to control... I don't see what the problem is with creating a sub forum.

CaptainRaj
04-26-2013, 06:47 AM

Or:

Crepe me, that's a big robot!
Why the crepe haven't I found any Orange items yet?

It makes as much sense as Shtako.