PDA

View Full Version : what does a controlled burst magazine mod do?

Zain
04-25-2013, 10:22 AM
it says +3 burst, so if i attach it to a semi auto assault rifle then it will become a burst? what about a full auto LMG?
i simply want an explanation about what it does to different types of rifles, dont wana test it myself cuz well i have never found one before and it seems rare

greatdividers
04-25-2013, 10:23 AM
it says +3 burst, so if i attach it to a semi auto assault rifle then it will become a burst? what about a full auto LMG?
i simply want an explanation about what it does to different types of rifles, dont wana test it myself cuz well i have never found one before and it seems rare

it does exactly what you were thinking. i'm not sure what, if anything, it would do if you attached it to a burst AR though

reciprocate
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
I've attached one to a SMG, it still fired in full auto, but in 3shot burst intervals. Also tried it on a the 5 shot burst LMG, just changed the bursts from 5 to 3.

Victim Eyes
04-25-2013, 10:47 AM
ive attached this awesome mod to semi auto and full auto weapons.

for semis, it allows a 3-round burst with each pull of the trigger. which can produce automatic-esque results. very useful.

as for autos, you can still fire in full auto by holding down the trigger, where as tapping the trigger will do the 3-round burst. tapping the trigger can fire as fast as full-auto, maybe even faster.

IGears
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM

that would be sweet if it made a semi auto rifle with all its damage stats become burst fire.

Jthreau
04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
as for autos, you can still fire in full auto by holding down the trigger, where as tapping the trigger will do the 3-round burst. tapping the trigger can fire as fast as full-auto, maybe even faster.

Having the best of both worlds sounds extremely useful.

4ndreas
04-25-2013, 10:53 AM
I tried it with a 3 shot burst AR and it was still 3 shots, maybe they fixed it though

Thee Apothecary
04-25-2013, 11:01 AM
a full auto weapon with 3 burst mod on it will make it every firing repeation fire 3 rounds at once so its basicly just bang and 3 rounds flying out but your still full auto so spray and pray and burn ammo

Cistzelos
04-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Also tried it on a the 5 shot burst LMG, just changed the bursts from 5 to 3.

Definitely sounds like a bug.

RoG Goat
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
that would be sweet if it made a semi auto rifle with all its damage stats become burst fire.

Too bad the scopes are hideous xD

Thee Apothecary
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I've attached one to a SMG, it still fired in full auto, but in 3shot burst intervals. Also tried it on a the 5 shot burst LMG, just changed the bursts from 5 to 3.

because it doesnt mean it will plus +3 rounds to a burst it means it adds a single 3 round burst so it replaces your automatic 5 burst

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
a full auto weapon with 3 burst mod on it will make it every firing repeation fire 3 rounds at once so its basicly just bang and 3 rounds flying out but your still full auto so spray and pray and burn ammo

I never tested the burst mods myself, but if this is true this basicly gives you +200% damage per second (minus the time for more frequent reloading). This does seem odd ... must test this asap. : O

iirc I still have a III burst mod to claim in the shop.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 11:15 AM
never have seen this mod.

I would love to know if on the single shot AR's that it makes it a burst with more damage. I would love that since burst is my fav AR.

Thee Apothecary
04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
I never tested the burst mods myself, but if this is true this basicly gives you +200% damage per second (minus the time for more frequent reloading). This does seem odd ... must test this asap. : O

It worked like that on one of my ar's basicly full auto 3 burster that doesnt have intervuals between shots

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
So it does adjust firing speed?

hungwaylow
04-25-2013, 11:19 AM
currently using a FRC heavy assault rifle(highest damage on AR so far)and its a single shot AR so i put the +burst on it and its amazing. went from single fire to a 3 shot so its even more amazing fast high damage weapon and accurate too

squidgod2000
04-25-2013, 11:20 AM

While it increases the rate of fire (not the stat) on full-auto weapons, it's not an automatic +200% dps. There seems to be a cap imposed by the animation or sound.

I've found the Controlled Burst mods to be most useful on the semi-auto assault rifles--where you get a three round burst at high damage, but without the recoil of the standard 3 round burst ARs--and Frontier/FRC SAWs where the damage you can put out just gets silly. You can drop a scrapper Forge in seconds with one of those things.

The downside of using a Controlled Burst mod on the SAW, however, is that you unload ammo so fast that the frequent, multi-second reloads exacerbate the issues from the reload bug, which will cause you to run out of ammo very often. Last night I had four bugged reloads in a row and ended up running around for 10 seconds doing failed reloads while my ammo ticked down to zero, 85 rounds at a time. They really need to fix that sh*t.

squidgod2000
04-25-2013, 11:26 AM
never have seen this mod.

I would love to know if on the single shot AR's that it makes it a burst with more damage. I would love that since burst is my fav AR.

Only ever seen it as a green mod from vendor specials.

It will make your semi-auto AR a 3-round burst AR with higher damage and no recoil. The grouping is simply fantastic. The downside is that, at 20 rounds a mag, you'll be reloading more often than with the standard burst AR. The reloads are pretty quick, however, and it works well with "on full reload" perks and synergies.

Also worth noting, I believe the semi-auto ARs all come with a default scope, so if you prefer iron sights you might be out of luck.

IGears
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM

Too bad the scopes are hideous xD

lol this is also true

IGears
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
currently using a FRC heavy assault rifle(highest damage on AR so far)and its a single shot AR so i put the +burst on it and its amazing. went from single fire to a 3 shot so its even more amazing fast high damage weapon and accurate too

i rather have that 240B you have in your picture stock vs any gun in this game.

SlashZaku
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Anyone know how this mod handles on the VOT ARs? I have a II sitting in my inventory but didn't want to waste it like I did the last one (put it on the green Gladiator). If the VOT ARs are a bad choice, I figure I'd try it on something else then.

squidney2k1
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Anyone know how this mod handles on the VOT ARs? I have a II sitting in my inventory but didn't want to waste it like I did the last one (put it on the green Gladiator). If the VOT ARs are a bad choice, I figure I'd try it on something else then.

It's alright.

Since I had 3 of these mods, I slapped one on a VOT Blast Rifle just for the hell of it, and a tap of the trigger yields 3 shots, or 9 bullets. It's kinda like a medium-long range shotgun, although the damage is fairly weak. However, since you can tap the trigger and still have an impressive rate of fire--about 80% of the normal Blast Rifle ROF--you do benefit from the small amount of bloom reset between each burst, so it's more accurate than just holding the trigger down.

Overall, kinda disappointed in this mod. I thought it would turn my 3-round burst VBI TACC Rifle into a 6-round burst gun. :P