PDA

View Full Version : Who loving Defiance Beta

devilmaycry1989
03-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I know that im lovin it.know they lots of bugs in it but it is a beta.Think the game goin to be epic when it comes out plus cont wait for the series too.What does anyone else think up to yet

Spolings
03-20-2013, 02:39 PM
From what I've played It seems very addictive, I only wonder whether this game is going to be repetitive in the long run or that it stays fresh.

Irres169
03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
I like it so far. Have not played more than an hour or so, so have not seen all the aspects yet.

DTwO
03-20-2013, 02:56 PM
I love it,wish i could explore more but so far its good despite the framerate issues during arkfalls with 16+ players.
it feels like and open world "Borderlands"/"Resistance"
Ego powers are nice.Coop is fun too,loot system and modifying is easy.I will definitely pick it up when it comes out.Even more psyched for the tv show

Carl The Otaku
03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Loving it a lot so far. I've been playing for about 15 or 16 hours. Can't do anymore main missions or side missions though. Just Arkfalls and going to tryout Shadow Wars in a bit.

bman
03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
i like it myself but we all know it is clearly a rip off or should say knock off of borderlands 1 and 2 with powers and way you aim and stuff only difference being is this is a TPS(with Free roam ,Questing and Co-op instead of Vs) and borderlands is FPS which is kinda why i like it so much too many lame FPS out their imo and should be more TPS games out their . the game also for me seems to loads instantly which is a plus i just hope it carries over into the actual game play .

Desidus
03-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Been working so haven't gotten near enough playtime or sleepytime.... But what time I have put in were awesome. Yeah bugs were annoying, but the game was still really fun.

Jay
03-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm just not sure on the replay value of it.. do you want to go through the starter town and missions 2+ times? this is the concern for me... choosing a race/classes doesn't change the starter route I hate to say it but for this reason I'm probably not going to play anymore or else I'll simply get bored of it in beta.. This happened to be with SWTOR.. I beta'd went through all 3 factions at least once.. once the game came out I was like 'bleh' played a month and done..

thats the caveat from playing beta too much exposure

SYN BLACK XS
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Loving it so-far!

PRE
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm having a blast, going to be a sad sad day when the beta is over... been a long time since I have had this much fun with my ps3

SYN BLACK XS
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
At least we don't have to wait long for the finished product :D

Myst
03-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Loving the beta. I just have to find time from work to try and pre-order this game :)

AmishWarMachine
03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Because the NDA isn't officially lifted until the 22nd at 08:00, I can't tell you that I'm really enjoying the game immensely.

So I'm not going to tell you that I'm having a blast playing it, nor will I add that I cannot wait until April 2nd.

SRod1706
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
I do have a question. How big is the world? I am going to explore more tonight, but the world does not seem all that big from one night of playing, but that is how a lot of games feel at first.

GhosTHunTR 6
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Will let you know in 2 days when i hopefully get my code for the 360 , i have to work till 10pm friday night so glad im off saturday as i will be up long hours...

Theophilus
03-20-2013, 03:56 PM
About 2 hours in and can't wait to get my friends in this game.Only complaints so far is the lag during the big Arkfalls ,im sure they are tweaking that kind of stuff as we speak tho. Regardless, this will be a day one purchase for me.Great job guys, keep up the good work !

GuardianJosh
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
I really like this. Is this gonna be free to play? Or Pay-to-play? Because I'm fine either way. That's how much fun I'm having. I'm playing the PS3 beta now, and it's great. A few bugs though, like audio glitches and stuff. One mission broke though, and I had to quit out.

Myst
03-20-2013, 04:04 PM
I really like this. Is this gonna be free to play? Or Pay-to-play? Because I'm fine either way. That's how much fun I'm having. I'm playing the PS3 beta now, and it's great. A few bugs though, like audio glitches and stuff. One mission broke though, and I had to quit out.

Free to play but you have to pay for the game :p

Jay
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Because the NDA isn't officially lifted until the 22nd at 08:00, I can't tell you that I'm really enjoying the game immensely.

So I'm not going to tell you that I'm having a blast playing it, nor will I add that I cannot wait until April 2nd.

read the sticky in bold at the top of the forum SMH

AmishWarMachine
03-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Methinks you took my post seriously. And Wrong. Seriously Wrong. Like, seriously.

pricey007
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Liking it, but wish there was more ammo available between missions. (Massive ammo caches during main missions but nowhere to be found otherwise) Am I missing something?

Can't fault the effort and imagination that's gone into creating this though.

6Strummer
03-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I played for nearly six hours straight this morning and afternoon. There are some things I hope and assume will be fixed, but overall I'm loving it. Can't wait to have the full game in hand. I'm all paid off and ready to go!!!

Myst
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm liking how everyone is enjoying it so far, hopefully everyone or at least quite a few are in the same boat as me as in they will probably be getting the Season Pass

ExPresident
03-20-2013, 05:07 PM
I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition this morning. I've never once pre-ordered anything above the standard edition of any game. I think that accurately states how I feel about it.

Arkansas Slim
03-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Loving it!! Pre-ordered and bought season pass which is two firsts for me. Always loved shooters, but the repetitive matches become boring, so it's nice to see an mmo that is a shooter.

Beezlebubba78
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
great game and bout time a shooter had a shotgun that fires slugs... and grenades, loving me some shotty grenades.

CarpeJugulum
03-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Enjoying it. Loving blur, don't know why I don't see more people with it. Just need to find myself a shotgun now. The UI could do with a bit more explanation though.

MelinaRose
03-20-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm really addicted and love the game a lot so far. The bugs, glitches, and freezes during beta do get little annoying at times, but that's beta for you. lol

yesiamghost
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Overcharge everything that moves! Loved the beta and had fun playing it. xD

PowerChord
03-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Every time I go in the water I feel like a dolphin!

Dead Corps
03-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Free to play but you have to pay for the game :p

There is no monthly charge unless your a xbox user cause xbox charges users to play online. LMAO @ xbox users.

it's not free to play if you have to buy the game first.

As for buying this game, maybe. I don't see much replay in this game.
Chug along the storyboard then done. The main play is way to easy Plus you don't even have to aim. Just get close then tap zoom, fire, zoom, fire, zoom, fire and they are dead by crit kill. If your really good you can adjust up or down just a tad bit and get a crit kill right out the gate. lol I was expecting more. AIM assist is sooooo LAME
Although they might have nerfed it for beta but why would they.

Figma
03-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Im really liking it, played 5h or something yesterday and i will definitely get full game

There is no monthly charge unless your a xbox user cause xbox charges users to play online. LMAO @ xbox users.

it's not free to play if you have to buy the game first.

= Buy to Play

DTwO
03-21-2013, 12:47 AM
The dolphin jump in water is awesome lol i hope they leave that in.
Im just encountering framerate issues a lot.For instance,i was soloing an arkfall and using a grenade launcher.My frames per second dropped to like 15 for a few seconds.Game is still awesome but i hope they can fix many bugs/problems during thiz beta in the final release :3

The funnest thing i did was though,i boosted in an atv at a ramp at a certain angle and flew like 10k feet into the air lol was funny.

Elsa
03-21-2013, 07:58 AM
I know that im lovin it.know they lots of bugs in it but it is a beta.Think the game goin to be epic when it comes out plus cont wait for the series too.What does anyone else think up to yet

I'm really loving the beta and find the gameplay totally addictive... but I tried to group up with my husband last night (he plays on his own PS3) and the game wouldn't let us group up. I finally managed to group up with another friend and the voice chat was really bad. Apparently he could hear me for the first few minutes and then voice chat went out all together. I never could hear him at all.
The game is great... but it's gonna die quickly if they don't allow friends to easily play together. My husband immediately gave up and just went to play another game. The top priorities for this game need to be the grouping system (allowing us to easily group up with people on our buddy lists) and voice chat. I won't actually believe that voice chat is fixed until I see it fixed, so no pre-order until I know this is fixed... though I do love the game - I'm just not willing to play this entirely as a single player experience. :(