PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we just buy Orange items?

Santana Ortega
04-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Just make buyable Orange level items.

Make it cost a TON of Keycodes, as salvage is easy to come by and leave it at that?
Let's sat 1000 key codes to get an orange item, whatever it be.
Yeah this would seem like a grind but hell all games have you grind for something.
1000 may be too low, does not seem too high to me to get a top level shield or weapon I WANT.
Keep the lock boxes if players what to roll the dice but this RNG system games have these days is terrible.

GW2 has all kinds of graphical looks for various weapons that have the same stats. Defiance could easily do that.

Players want to look cool. Having different looking guns of the same type is a way to go. But I would like to be the one choosing which look I were to get and not the computer spitting out a random number to decide even if it is a weapon I would ever use.

jjj0309
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Cause Trion wants you to buy lock boxes with $BITS$.

Santana Ortega
04-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Cause Trion wants you to buy lock boxes with $BITS$.

Have them buy keys with bits and change the items available in lockboxes like new graphically different looking armor and or weapon skins.

Warlander
04-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Have them buy keys with bits and change the items available in lockboxes like new graphically different looking armor and or weapon skins.

Its because if we could just buy the high end stuff, people would have no reason to keep playing, its called the carrot on a stick.
Its how mmo's work.

Deal with it.

squidgod2000
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Because of psychology and the gambling element.

When you price an item too high, the carrot is out of sight. When you price the chance to get the item nice and low, people will buy. The "maybe next time" mentality isn't as much of a deterrent as the "I have to grind for how long?"

Look up Skinner Boxes or operant conditioning on Wikipedia. It's pretty much the foundation of MMOs and their loot systems these days.

HellOnOrion
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM

Make it cost a TON of Keycodes, as salvage is easy to come by and leave it at that?
Let's sat 1000 key codes to get an orange item, whatever it be.
Yeah this would seem like a grind but hell all games have you grind for something.
1000 may be too low, does not seem too high to me to get a top level shield or weapon I WANT.
Keep the lock boxes if players what to roll the dice but this RNG system games have these days is terrible.

GW2 has all kinds of graphical looks for various weapons that have the same stats. Defiance could easily do that.

Players want to look cool. Having different looking guns of the same type is a way to go. But I would like to be the one choosing which look I were to get and not the computer spitting out a random number to decide even if it is a weapon I would ever use.

there is a reason oranges are super rare... someones never played online games with gear before :-/

Cutlass Jack
04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Because of psychology and the gambling element.

When you price an item too high, the carrot is out of sight. When you price the chance to get the item nice and low, people will buy. The "maybe next time" mentality isn't as much of a deterrent as the "I have to grind for how long?"

Look up Skinner Boxes or operant conditioning on Wikipedia. It's pretty much the foundation of MMOs and their loot systems these days.

It would be a sensible plan for them to make money....if they put anything interesting in the boxes. SWTOR does this a little better because there is a very good chance of getting something nifty in every box. Makes you inclined to blow more money to get the specific nifty thing you want, and you can auction off the nifty things others might want.

Defiance lockboxes aren't terribly exciting so I feel zero compulsion to play lotto with real cash.

Natjur
04-25-2013, 02:18 PM

If there was T5 boxes (which always dropped an orange), which could only be purchased with BITS (no keycode option)
Would you be happy?

Defy
04-25-2013, 03:12 PM
also because theyre supposed to be really rare

TheRealTFreezy
04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
also because theyre supposed to be really rare

This. I don't know about anyone else but I got my first orange last night and one ego 1136. I was jacked! I was really excited and that's the feeling you're supposed to get. Not a horrible grind filled with dread and hate

Orge Lambart
04-25-2013, 03:31 PM
If there was T5 boxes (which always dropped an orange), which could only be purchased with BITS (no keycode option)
Would you be happy?

that would make the game pay to win and would make most people very angry. They really do need to up the drop rate on oranges a bit, or at the very least allow them to drop off mobs. I have never seen a purple or orange weapon drop from a creature in the game world.

kittyyang
05-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Among all the detecting activities, gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only relax both our mind and body, but also give us a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time when you feel bored, you can pick up a gold detector and have a try.
http://www.detectorall.com/categories/Gold-Metal-Detectors/