PDA

View Full Version : Had fun in San Francisco Last Night

Sull
04-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I was finishing up my side missions last night - all of which reside in SF - and I have to say it was a lot of fun. SF is a bleak and at times boring landscape, but that is to be expected after a major terraforming explosion happened in the lore. Because of that the journey around SF can be tedious at times. But as I was doing my side missions I found it to be quite challenging. I just crossed over 1000 ego so I don't know if that is part of it, or, what I think it more likely is that Trion is actually working in the background and soaking in all of our whiny comments and ironing out some things. The enemies seemed to take a lot longer to take down and I was using a good AR at the time. As I journeyed to the next exclamation on my map I found myself stopping to help the pilgrims, who seemed more frequent, because the battles around them seemed more ferocious than usual. It could all be in my head, but I took down Nim long ago and the game wasn't all that challenging to me (<-- not saying that in an "I'm awesome" way, but rather just being upfront). But last night I found to be challenging in a good way.

I also did a few co-ops and all of them started and ended correctly - no beaming into the hulker room with no hulker, or showing up to an empty map all alone. I do think Trion is working to get this all straight. While the game can be tedious at times it is still a lot of fun to play. I'm hoping for a solid first DLC. And once the weekly missions start up again I think the game will get rolling again.

My one gripe at this time is removing the keys from emergency events. There is no point in doing them now. I think Trion might want to reconsider this.

Just my two cents. I figured I've done my fair share of whining so a positive post is necessary when warranted.

Warlander
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I was finishing up my side missions last night - all of which reside in SF - and I have to say it was a lot of fun. SF is a bleak and at times boring landscape, but that is to be expected after a major terraforming explosion happened in the lore. Because of that the journey around SF can be tedious at times. But as I was doing my side missions I found it to be quite challenging. I just crossed over 1000 ego so I don't know if that is part of it, or, what I think it more likely is that Trion is actually working in the background and soaking in all of our whiny comments and ironing out some things. The enemies seemed to take a lot longer to take down and I was using a good AR at the time. As I journeyed to the next exclamation on my map I found myself stopping to help the pilgrims, who seemed more frequent, because the battles around them seemed more ferocious than usual. It could all be in my head, but I took down Nim long ago and the game wasn't all that challenging to me (<-- not saying that in an "I'm awesome" way, but rather just being upfront). But last night I found to be challenging in a good way.

I also did a few co-ops and all of them started and ended correctly - no beaming into the hulker room with no hulker, or showing up to an empty map all alone. I do think Trion is working to get this all straight. While the game can be tedious at times it is still a lot of fun to play. I'm hoping for a solid first DLC. And once the weekly missions start up again I think the game will get rolling again.

My one gripe at this time is removing the keys from emergency events. There is no point in doing them now. I think Trion might want to reconsider this.

Just my two cents. I figured I've done my fair share of whining so a positive post is necessary when warranted.

As for keys, during alpha there were key fragments, emergencies dropped them, and you needed I think 8 fragments to make a key? its still listed in the menu, at least it was last time i looked.

ANyways they should bring that back.

Fin Swiftkiller
04-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Had a good time in SF too..right up to the point my buggy was jumping over a hill and then fell through the map.. responded all the way back to just before the bridge. This is the 2nd time my vehicle has fallen through the landscape..

jeffbubz
04-25-2013, 01:01 PM
how did u manage to to get past the bot on the golden gate bridge?

Sull
04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
how did u manage to to get past the bot on the golden gate bridge?

Once you progress enough with the main missions it becomes part of the story arc. So just keep doing the main missions and you'll eventually confront the bot.

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I love San Fran no one around and just so many mobs.

Sull
04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
I love San Fran no one around and just so many mobs.

Me too. Plus, most people in SF know how the game works...not any newbies running around.