PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question

Jammie
04-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm loving the game and it's great fun but after reading many of the 'lack of content' threads people were saying that the game didn't really start till the episodes did. It's been two episodes now and as far as i can see all that's been added is some lanterns, is there going to be more added than just a couple of pursuits?

Warlander
04-25-2013, 01:32 PM
No one knows. we are just hoping.

Kard
04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
I think a good chunk of people who are complaining about lack of content are completionists who powered through all the missions in a day or two and now want an endgame in a three week-old MMO. The episodes take place as pursuits this time, but who knows what they're going to be next week.

Warlander
04-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I think a good chunk of people who are complaining about lack of content are completionists who powered through all the missions in a day or two and now want an endgame in a three week-old MMO. The episodes take place as pursuits this time, but who knows what they're going to be next week.

Wrong, Ive played over 200 hours, and I purposely stretched it out as much as i could, but i ran out around 1500ego compared to other mmo's it is very very light on content and if you think of how far it is to level cap its rather ridiculous.

They could have at least made side missions randomly generated.

alienoid
04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
If you didn't yet, I suggest you watch the "across the badlands" livestream. Some good chunck of infos in there, like in the last one they said they are going to start the events to get one character from the game to the show and episodes missions coming in soon as well. It all depends on what is in the episodes in the show for them to add content. It has been pursuits, it'll be episodes missions, whatever they can come up with.

OGkush
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Fun game but not enough content.

Kard
04-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Wrong, Ive played over 200 hours, and I purposely stretched it out as much as i could, but i ran out around 1500ego compared to other mmo's it is very very light on content and if you think of how far it is to level cap its rather ridiculous.

They could have at least made side missions randomly generated.

I didn't say all of the complaints. It was just my opinion. I've had the game since release day and I haven't gotten to Nim yet because I've spent entire days just running around ramping off stuff, landing on Dark Matter and having fun doing it. Maybe I just don't have the amount of free time to devote to the game as some others.

Kommissar Kaede
04-25-2013, 01:55 PM
I think people failed to properly consider what was meant by some of the points raised in:

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/08/day-6-improvements-improvements-improvements-niiiice-wtf/

Yes, they refer to pushing back the "DLC," but this could be construed as meaning the episodic content in general.

The game has had a rocky start. All MMOs do to one extent or another.

Sure, it shouldn't be completely "accepted" but to be dismayed, angry, or surprised by it is just plain petty.

Anyway, my point here is say that we've been (in my opinion) sufficiently informed that patching issues with the game have delayed parts of episodic content. At least we got a downplayed event.

Warlander
04-25-2013, 01:58 PM
I didn't say all of the complaints. It was just my opinion. I've had the game since release day and I haven't gotten to Nim yet because I've spent entire days just running around ramping off stuff, landing on Dark Matter and having fun doing it. Maybe I just don't have the amount of free time to devote to the game as some others.

Yes a casual player wouldnt notice this as fast, but for them it may be worse, because they are going to log on for a hour every day, and chances are they will mostly do the missions and when they finish them they will be sitting at 500-600 ego and that 5000 mark will be even farther away, I have played a lot, and I grinded a lot, and i tried to stretch it out, but now at 2200 ego im really starting to feel the grind, theres been nothing to do for me for days, my boosts all ran out, so im barely getting loot and ammo, making it even more of a drag.

I mean i love it or i wouldnt be here, but it needs a lot of work, thanfully ill probably go play neverwinter on the 30th and take a break .

Kard
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey now, let's not bandy the c-word around here. Some might take offence. There's more to enjoying a game than just grinding missions, but again, just my opinion.

Santana Ortega
04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
The game Does have a lack of content in it's present state.

That said, I do still have a ton of EGO to get, just crossed 1100 last night.

The problem is that this entails doing daily quests and the various random events when you pass them...OR

Doing co op or PvP on a daily basis...problem for me is that I have no guild to play with as my guild had no interest in this type of game, thus I am reduced to solo play and random joining of whatever.

Arkfals go only so far, dailies only go so far and both play like a grind because they are repeat content...not new content.

It was my hope that with the introduction of St Louis being buried below Defiance, the game would have introduced new quests, daily and pursuit, that would have had you headed to underground areas under the destroyed area of San Francisco.

With the premier episode I was also hoping for the Voulge to be introduced into the game...that has yet to happen, I suppose both might be Season Pass DLC.

So lack of content...yes.

Content to come...yes.

When??? Who knows.