PDA

View Full Version : Social aspect of Defiance?

AL3X
04-25-2013, 01:29 PM
If someone could clear this up for me.

Is audio chat OFF by default therefor people just havnt realised they need to turn it on,or do people on Xbox just not own mics or bother to have them plugged in?

IMO its the social aspect of this game thats letting it down.And if it doesnt improve,it could be its downfall.

Just so you know i really enjoy the game.Just think that this is a major issue.Ive watched streams of people on the PC and it seems to me like theres alot more interaction with strangers.

Hellwave
04-25-2013, 01:31 PM
I feel the same way, I joined a clan but have never heard a peep from them. I even have a keyboard to see if anyone is watching the chatbox... I will group with you anytime, XBL mint87rx7. character Hellwave. People need to chat more

filthymonkey
04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I play with my headset plugged in and my keyboard ready but never see or hear any chat. I think that maybe people have lost faith in a broke chat system and even when fix it will take time for it get going......or atleast I hope that's whats happening lol.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Maybe people just wanna shoot stuff. And don't bother talking.

Hellwave
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I have only grouped up maybe twice now. Do you get any benefit of being in a group when doing side missions or anything? If I have completed one but help somebody else later on the same one, I get nothing for it correct? real question lol I havent played with anyone other than coop instances

AL3X
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Is the audio chat set to on or off by default though?

I dont recall as ive had the game a while.If its on by default and people arnt talking then thats bad news

Rally
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Is the audio chat set to on or off by default though?

I dont recall as ive had the game a while.If its on by default and people arnt talking then thats bad news

Area chat is set to off by default

AL3X
04-26-2013, 02:15 AM

Isnt that something they where supposed to fix in the last patch though?

Thoraxe
04-26-2013, 02:20 AM

I swear each time i read the patch notes, it says ON by Default.

But at OP, this is Xbox everyone is in a party to avoid, those 12 year olds, or people with those messed up mics who make annoying sounds, even if you mute them.

Personally if I'm not with my friends, I leave my mic on, not really to talk, but to listen if anyone needs help.

RynnB1983
04-26-2013, 02:20 AM
i only usually chat with the one guy i play with or when i am in a live party or group, other than that i dont usually talk to anyone. the few people that help me on my missions and stuff by the time i send them an invite to team up they are gone so i don't even bother anymore...i just emote then go on my way.

i will say that most of the people i have added to join up with have left the game and moved onto either Dragon's Dogma or Dead island: Riptide...which kinda sucks.

phunphool
04-26-2013, 04:50 AM
I used to have it on by default, but most of the people I could hear were screaming racist, homophobic trash over the mic. Kept it off after that. I've met some cool people though. Usually get an invite to a party if i'm fooling around with randoms doing something that cracks us all up, farming hulkers, or by utterly dominating a major arkfall.

Warhead
04-26-2013, 06:53 AM
The social aspects are the players' fault, not the game. The voice chat seems to work well enough and grouping is a breeze. Honestly, if my friends are on, we usually are in an XBOX party. I do like group voice chat for the co-op missions. Occasionly you find someone else with their mike on it's a blast. Try text chat to get people to talk or send messages to other players if you need help. Not a perfect solution, but it may help.