PDA

View Full Version : To everyone with a negative outlook on defiance racing league

mook
04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
my previous thread does look sketchy and scam-ish...for lack of a better term...but im trying start a business in the game...not only to help myself and my clan but to everyone...too many times ive walked around with a couple hundred scrip, a couple thousand scrip or even 20 thousand, which really isnt a lot of scrip... with this arms race within defiance...a bunch of scrip is need for for orange/legendary weapons and gear....they go from 15k scrip to 200k or even higher... finding orange guns and gear isnt my strong suit, i suck at it, so i have to buy what i want and its not cheap...i came up with the racing idea so players like myself dont have to be worried about not being able to afford orange guns and gear....and also this is another way to get fast money if selling guns isnet cutting it for ya....had to get that off of my chest...so i urge you to take another look

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50835-Want-to-make-fast-scrip!!!-Defiance-racing-league-shows-you-how

MurtherX
04-25-2013, 02:23 PM
I will be the one to straight out and tell you that your idea is dumb and no one is going to do it.

Sorry.

Titan DCLXVI
04-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Whats sketchy about taking 8 (10k each for a total of 80k) peoples scrip, organizing a race with "spotters" to determine a winner, awarding 50k of the 80k scrip, and pocketing the rest?

Everything.

Saluki
04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Whats sketchy about taking 8 (10k each for a total of 80k) peoples scrip, organizing a race with "spotters" to determine a winner, awarding 50k of the 80k scrip, and pocketing the rest?

Everything.

Uh yeah. At first I thought you might have had a decent idea. My clan mates did (almost) exactly this last weekend. 8 of us got in our vehicles, started at Tranquility Road and raced to Shondou's Consulate on the East Coast. After the race 6 of the 7 seven losers paid the winner 10,000 scrip each. The one outstanding guy said that he said he wasnt in for money, bla bla, didnt even have 10,000 bla bla, we razzed him and told him he was full of crap but what are you gonna do? It was a whole lot of fun for us thats all that really mattered.

But you want to take 30k??? WHAT??? Dude youre out of your mind if you think thats gonna fly! And how do expect to collect this? This guy is in my clan and didnt want to pay, you think Joe Avereage Gamer is gonna pay up every time he loses? HA! Are you going to personally gaurantee every winng racer his money? What a joke.

You want scrip? Play the game, sell what you pick up. End of story.

Brock 5amson
04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Up their with the guy who wanted to start a Bank, and loan out scrip...

Unsent Soul
04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
So instead of just posting this in your current thread you make another..?? Priceless. Good luck having your spotters call a winner when vehicles phase in and out due to servers and lag haha.

eskimoletdinov
04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Uh yeah. At first I thought you might have had a decent idea. My clan mates did (almost) exactly this last weekend. 8 of us got in our vehicles, started at Tranquility Road and raced to Shondou's Consulate on the East Coast. After the race 6 of the 7 seven losers paid the winner 10,000 scrip each. The one outstanding guy said that he said he wasnt in for money, bla bla, didnt even have 10,000 bla bla, we razzed him and told him he was full of crap but what are you gonna do? It was a whole lot of fun for us thats all that really mattered.

But you want to take 30k??? WHAT??? Dude youre out of your mind if you think thats gonna fly! And how do expect to collect this? This guy is in my clan and didnt want to pay, you think Joe Avereage Gamer is gonna pay up every time he loses? HA! Are you going to personally gaurantee every winng racer his money? What a joke.

You want scrip? Play the game, sell what you pick up. End of story.

No no, getting the scrip from would be willing (stupid) competitors wouldnt be the problemishes as they want it up front, and if you lag out -guessing that would include phasing out - youre entitled to nothing.

The only people signing up for this are the same ones who bet money ON the world ending in december

Synthesis
04-25-2013, 04:39 PM
To mook: everyone is kind of being a ******* about it, but they have a point. If you want the Scrip, play the game. If you want to do a racing league, do it with your friends. I do races in my clan, and the winner does get scrip. But there is no buy in, i donate my own scrip for fun races in my clan. Scrip is not that hard to get, spend 2 hours actually trying and you can get about 50k.

Gabbro1000
04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't see what the big thing is about having scrip. I got over 750,000 now (don't even remember trying)... nothing to buy with it. Doesn't matter what colour the weapon is, they all have the same stats. Just 'maybe' better synergy set. But they don't really make any notable difference I've seen so far (I need prepared synergy mods and they cost rep creds!). Just run co-ops, sell the stuff. BOOM. Millionaire.

eskimoletdinov
04-25-2013, 04:52 PM
The only way you could have a trustworthy OPEN racing league would be if trion added one in matchmaking. All the more reason for them to add a small village, nowhere near the size of defiance as it ruins the whole story but somewhere small where all factions would have a vendor plus the standard vendor, maybe a sort of race track where you need to buy in in-game. Maybe even poker or something to. A real community place

mrgrimezHD
04-25-2013, 06:25 PM
my previous thread does look sketchy and scam-ish...for lack of a better term...but im trying start a business in the game...not only to help myself and my clan but to everyone...too many times ive walked around with a couple hundred scrip, a couple thousand scrip or even 20 thousand, which really isnt a lot of scrip... with this arms race within defiance...a bunch of scrip is need for for orange/legendary weapons and gear....they go from 15k scrip to 200k or even higher... finding orange guns and gear isnt my strong suit, i suck at it, so i have to buy what i want and its not cheap...i came up with the racing idea so players like myself dont have to be worried about not being able to afford orange guns and gear....and also this is another way to get fast money if selling guns isnet cutting it for ya....had to get that off of my chest...so i urge you to take another look

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50835-Want-to-make-fast-scrip!!!-Defiance-racing-league-shows-you-how

I like the idea personally but the whole scrip thing is putting people off and I'll be honest, it puts me off to, as you said yourself in your original thread, mook, is this whole event would be running on an honour system. Well basically a trust system in which people can't cheat in order to bag the prize at the end.

So, people are willing to part with x amount of scrip for a legendary weapon right? so why not implement that instead? so instead of scrip why not just let people take part for free and at the end the winner wins a orange weapon. They can't moan or complain then because they didn't have to pay anything in order to take part and the Orange weapon whether it's crap or not is the prize.

Seeing as legendary weapons literally don't really offer much more than its purple predecessors it's basically a win win situation, people get to have fun without having to part with scrip and they have a chance to win an orange item at the end. it's just a suggestion is all.

mook
04-26-2013, 02:46 AM
i appreciate the nice things said...i can be an ******* and flip my lid....but ill just say this.....i made 700000 scrip in 1 hr in profit... i made a lot of ppl richer...races have commenced....tournaments coming soon

mushinwolf
04-26-2013, 03:05 AM
I admire the enterprising spirit, and the fact you found enough honest people to race AND pay up!

Titan DCLXVI
04-26-2013, 08:53 AM
i appreciate the nice things said...i can be an ******* and flip my lid....but ill just say this.....i made 700000 scrip in 1 hr in profit... i made a lot of ppl richer...races have commenced....tournaments coming soon

If you made 700,000 scrip in one hour, that is about 23 races with 8 participants paying 10k scrip each for a total of 80k scrip. You pay the "winner" 50k, and pocket 30k. That is assuming of course that you didn't participate in the racing and also assuming you didn't "pay" your "spotters." I am skeptical that you found that many people to race.

Let me guess you participated in the racing?