PDA

View Full Version : immortality hack in pvp now...

HellOnOrion
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Just played a pvp game where a kid in the room took zero damage....

8 shots from a shotgun after fully infecting him... zero damage....

The shield went down instantly, but his health bar never moved at all while getting continuous hitmarkers....

seriously im about at my last straw with this kind of stuff... as if the getting 1 shot by someone with an SMG a few days ago wasnt bad enough... now theres people you cant kill....

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Just played a pvp game where a kid in the room took zero damage....

8 shots from a shotgun after fully infecting him... zero damage....

The shield went down instantly, but his health bar never moved at all while getting continuous hitmarkers....

seriously im about at my last straw with this kind of stuff... as if the getting 1 shot by someone with an SMG a few days ago wasnt bad enough... now theres people you cant kill....

Nice a little Doom God mode.

Athelan
04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Do you have the characters name? Was he crouching? Were you behind him? Was he not moving? What map was it on etc

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Even if it's against the rules you should put the name and platform. Trion won't help you so you might as well pull a Frankenstein lynchmob on him

Ryme
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Even if it's against the rules you should put the name and platform. Trion won't help you so you might as well pull a Frankenstein lynchmob on him

To do what? Gang up on him and all do 0 damage to him together?

HellOnOrion
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Do you have the characters name? Was he crouching? Were you behind him? Was he not moving? What map was it on etc

it was on observatory and i saw him running so i chased him down and stacked the 3 mark infector on him while chasing, got up close, he kept running, and i emptied a pump shotgun into him from behind basically point blank, and did zero damage, he then turned around and killed me.

he got me in almost the same way 3 other times that match where i got the jump on him, lit him up and didnt do any damage to the kid

didnt get a name but check my game log from about 12-14 minutes ago

Migrayne
04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Since things like run speed and weapon damage are on the client side I'm sure they put health their too. It would be easy to use the same memory hack for weapon damage to find d health and set it fixed at full health.

None of these settings should be client side. This is o e of the oldest types of hacks.

Athelan
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
There are perks that reduce damage for X seconds when shield breaks and then has a cooldown. There is also a perk that reduces damage taken from behind. These already received some tuning but I will look into them. Let's not jump to conclusions about how its happening yet. Please put in a bug in game with as much detail as possible and continue to look for future instances of this. I will go look at the perk data and see if I can find anything

TimeViewer
04-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I had the same thing happen, I shot someone right in the face with a combat shotgun 5 times and he took no damage at all, not even 0's appeared it isn't any perk that does that. PvP is so hacked it's just trash at the moment. I'd advise anyone who doesn't cheat to only play when someone is in Trion offices to answer Live chat.

They also need to add a listing of damage done just like coop, then we'd see a lot more reports and lot more people being kicked from this game. You'd catch a lot more because this is what you'd see:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/TimeViewer/Steam%20Games/Defiance/2013-04-23_00001a_zpsf8b076e4.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/TimeViewer/media/Steam%20Games/Defiance/2013-04-23_00001a_zpsf8b076e4.jpg.html)

So to any of you claiming that people who lose in PvP are just boohooing, yeah right.

Lollie
04-25-2013, 03:01 PM
There are perks that reduce damage for X seconds when shield breaks and then has a cooldown. There is also a perk that reduces damage taken from behind. These already received some tuning but I will look into them. Let's not jump to conclusions about how its happening yet. Please put in a bug in game with as much detail as possible and continue to look for future instances of this. I will go look at the perk data and see if I can find anything

Err, neither of those perks makes me invulnerable. The guy is hacking ffs. Get a grip and fix the hacks in your game, it isn't perks doing this.

Typical though, a dev gleefully rushes straight in to see how he can make game worse for the rest of us in pve after some pvp hackers screw with the game. You already nerfed weapons and whatnot based on hacked damage numbers. You keep nerfing us based on hackers then all you're going to be left with are the hackers (and good luck getting them to buy from your store).

I'm just going to /facepalm at your response.

Adachi
04-25-2013, 03:03 PM
How the hell do these people think they won't get caught out? it's so blatently obvious! nice screen shot TimeViewer.

urmurgurd
04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
i had some thing similar happen in a shadow war earlier, i head shot a guy with a bolt gun, his shield took 5600 damage, i saw the damage numbers go up, but his shield stayed at full. then he killed me with a bmg. no more pvp for me. thank you very little

Kharnamatic
04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
How the hell do these people think they won't get caught out? it's so blatently obvious! nice scrren shot TimeViewer.

Caught out, yes. But is Trion going to do anything to them? Not likely. I've always been taught that as a customer you have full rights over your game client. Since they are making a client modification they are doing nothing technically wrong. It would be different if they sent a virus over to your computer that made you do 0 damage, for instance.

Adachi
04-25-2013, 03:09 PM
How bizarre. This is actually my first day on Defiance ( ps3 ) and I have yet to see any bugs or "hacks". I hope I don't run into such people.

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
How bizarre. This is actually my first day on Defiance ( ps3 ) and I have yet to see any bugs or "hacks". I hope I don't run into such people.

You won't probably ever see anyone hacking compared to PC where even grandma can cheat if she wanted to.

Ryme
04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
On the plus side, you actually got a Dev to show up and post something. Kudos to you.

Lollie
04-25-2013, 03:15 PM
On the plus side, you actually got a Dev to show up and post something. Kudos to you.

Not that exciting, he's now running around trying to figure out how to make the game worse again, another great patch incoming.

atlantix
04-25-2013, 03:17 PM
look game has bugs
dev is right lets not make conclusions
report the situation let them look into it
some perks and powers get bugged sometimes makes you invul or invisible
that doesnt mean that person using some sort of 3rd party hack..
game has glitches.. its better to report them on live chat

Shanks
04-25-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm not sure if you guys have browsed YouTube lately, but there are quite a few videos of some of these cheats up there, and not all of the posters hid their game names very well.

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
To do what? Gang up on him and all do 0 damage to him together?

I just want an excuse to use my pitchfork!!!

Kadirra
Not that exciting, he's now running around trying to figure out how to make the game worse again, another great patch incoming.

Seems to me the dev is investigating the issue. Not sure why you think it means they're trying to figure out how to make the game worse. If there are hacks, they need to find them and figure out a way to stop them. These hacks are getting quite ridiculous and I'm glad a dev is looking into this one.

Thanks Athelan!

Lollie
some perks and powers get bugged sometimes makes you invul or invisible

Really? What perks are these?

Orge Lambart
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Saw someone invincible on Xbox and flying through the air about 2 weeks ago. I feel for my PC brothers, knowing that hackers have it so much easier on the PC. At least things aren't that bad on Xbox, only saw two cheaters thus far. It's a shame because I know before long they'll infest Xbox as well.

Figma
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
There is glitch were server fails to load character in to the pvp and cant be killed but can kill others. if it happens you cant see hes character at all.

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Saw someone invincible on Xbox and flying through the air about 2 weeks ago. I feel for my PC brothers, knowing that hackers have it so much easier on the PC. At least things aren't that bad on Xbox, only saw two cheaters thus far. It's a shame because I know before long they'll infest Xbox as well.

Psych! You were playing DCUO! ;)

DustOfDeath
04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
One of those reduces damage by half for 3s after shield breaks. i always use it.

Then the 9%? damage reduction perk.

Those are more or less all i can recall... nowhere near invinvibility.
Even with those perks on (+hp one also) i teke shotgun 1 hits (i assume if you take 5k damage with full shields, the shield break perk wont activate at all).

Orge Lambart
04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
no, I was playing this game, I was talking about it in a few topics. If I cared enough I would go back and find the actual topic to get the date but I just don't care enough to do so.

Don't worry I'm sure soon these things will be common, we'll probably even get treated to the text screen bombs as well.

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
no, I was playing this game, I was talking about it in a few topics. If I cared enough I would go back and find the actual topic to get the date but I just don't care enough to do so.

Don't worry I'm sure soon these things will be common, we'll probably even get treated to the text screen bombs as well.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Ikagawa/overyourhead.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Ikagawa/media/overyourhead.jpg.html)

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Wolf, Wolf, Wolf!!!!!

Archangel
04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Caught out, yes. But is Trion going to do anything to them? Not likely. I've always been taught that as a customer you have full rights over your game client. Since they are making a client modification they are doing nothing technically wrong. It would be different if they sent a virus over to your computer that made you do 0 damage, for instance.

The problem is they are overstepping their private boundries of quote "their game client" when they use this abusive behavior to ruin and interfere with other peoples game expirence.

Example,
if you wish to solo a co-op instance and cheat doing it..... I dont care.
if you wish to pvp with a group of friends privately and cheat...... I dont care.

But when you over step your bounds by messing with others you loose your rights to be a hacker/cheater. Also should loose your rights to ever play the game, thank you $60 and see ya later. Buy another copy if you want because we dont want you here. Adios!

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 03:31 PM

You might want to go back to the school you learned this lesson then. That EULA you hit Accept to takes away any rights that aren't given to you by the company that owns the IP, which includes altering game data.

Orge Lambart
04-25-2013, 03:33 PM
No I got your joke, it just wasn't funny in the least.

Nightlistic
04-25-2013, 03:34 PM
There is glitch were server fails to load character in to the pvp and cant be killed but can kill others. if it happens you cant see hes character at all.

I actually had this happen to me today during a Co-op map I spawned into the Instance after everyone apparently. Was not in the party. I couldn't die but I could devastate the Raiders. Was kinda fun..but I didn't get any rewards either. But it was nice to help out the other players.

Beldhan
04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
today i had one while a shadow war, on pc euro server. him shield was regen all the time, it was possible to kill him... whit a vehicule exept this... we was 7 on him and he was running around killing people like nothing

Kharnamatic
04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
You might want to go back to the school you learned this lesson then. That EULA you hit Accept to takes away any rights that aren't given to you by the company that owns the IP, which includes altering game data.

I read the EULA and it made no mention of this. Please quote the exact part of the EULA where it says this, or I'm just going to assume that you're bluffing and making up legal mumbo-jumbo because noone reads the EULA.

XM193
04-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I almost can't blame the hackers in this one, it's so freakin easy.

illgot
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
had this before. My shields kept regenerating faster than people could damage me. I did a hotshot and it took about 10 mobs and a Hulker to even dent my shields as they were regenerating so fast.

Now, I am not saying such a hack does not exist, but it can happen to legit players.

Shanks
04-25-2013, 03:45 PM
I read the EULA and it made no mention of this. Please quote the exact part of the EULA where it says this, or I'm just going to assume that you're bluffing and making up legal mumbo-jumbo because noone reads the EULA.

I assume you're referring to this.

http://trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

2. Additional License Limitations

The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service, Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items which may be offered in connection with such Game(s) to the extent applicable), Game Client(s) and/or Service in violation of the License Limitations or the Agreements will be regarded as an infringement of Trion’s rights. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Game experience;
exploit the Game(s) or any of its parts (such as any Game-related Virtual Items which may be offered in connection with such Game(s)), the Game Client(s) or Service, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Trion (as, for instance, set forth in a Game EULA); (b) communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation; (c) for gathering Virtual Items and/or resources for sale outside the Game; or (d) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, (e.g., power-leveling, etc…);

It goes on but you get the jist.

TimeViewer
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM
@Ikagawa is that all you do is go to threads and make lame comments on people posting? You talk about others not being funny, maybe because nothing you ever say is the least bit funny your own self, that's probably why your post count is so high, nothing but empty comments

seoulstar
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Try having someone using cloak and blur at the same time. Let alone shoot you while not even facing your direction.

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
@Ikagawa is that all you do is go to threads and make lame comments on people posting? You talk about others not being funny, maybe because nothing you ever say is the least bit funny your own self, that's probably why your post count is so high, nothing but empty comments

http://ksj.mit.edu/sites/default/files/images/tracker/2011/yawn2.jpg

3rdpig
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
I assume you're referring to this.

(d) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, (e.g., power-leveling, etc…);

Damn, does that mean I have to give back the six pack of beer a buddy gave me for beating Nim for him?

Trion, you suck! :cool:

Shanks
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Damn, does that mean I have to give back the six pack of beer a buddy gave me for beating Nim for him?

Trion, you suck! :cool:

I think they may let the beer slide. :p

TimeViewer
04-25-2013, 04:37 PM
http://ksj.mit.edu/sites/default/files/images/tracker/2011/yawn2.jpg

Yeah I thought so you're just another empty headed troll, thanks for confirming that

HellOnOrion
04-25-2013, 04:43 PM
OK i'm fully aware of damage reduction perks / egos... im talking about immortality.... theres a difference between taking 99% reduced damage and taking ZERO damage....

I really truely do enjoy this game alot...

and i must say that im really impressed that you have one of the few shooter pvp games that shots register 100% of the time in ( bf3 and cod cant even hit 100% registry and they are the 2 largest titles... how pathetic on their part )

But there is nothing more frustrating that having people come in and completely ruin a games experience...

you guys sell through steam... why not hook up with them and have them put VAC up on your game? Or team up with punkbuster ( yea yea i know, same thing ) but you catch the drift...

how do you not have server side damage checks... like said player has a gun thats max potential damage a shot is 100 but they shoot for 200

Or when a weapon shoots someone and zero damage is registered, how is that not checked?

i had a few tickets open for like a week that i recently just decided to close because i felt they were never gonna be responded to... i put the name of a kid who last week was running around a pvp match 1 shotting people with an SMG.

by 1 shotting, i dont mean hitting you more than once ( some of you seem to think that being one shotted means he dumped a magazine into your head which isnt the case )

yet no response... so while saying put in a ticket is fine and dandy and i fully understand alot of people wrongfully call hacks, these 2 cases are infact 100% eye witness truth... im not one of those people who gets beat in a game and gets disgruntled, but when a cheat is used to accomplish that goal, that statement quickly changes

pvp is the bread and butter of the majority of massive online games and probably makes up atleast half of your community if not alot more... if you want to keep people in the game, and want to keep people buying stuff to further fill your pockets... than serious action should be taken against something that is completely game breaking...

no one wants to go to an arkfall and have it instantly beat... the whole point of playing a game is to actually play... just like no one wants to walk into pvp and not deal any damage to a certain player, or die in 1 shot to a gun that shouldnt do more than like 250 damage per bullet outside headshots

TimeViewer
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
@HellOnOrion They're doing far more than 200, if you missed it I posted a screen a few pages back of a coop, that guy was doing well over a million, I think they only reason it shows 99 million is because that's the cap for what it records. In that mission I saw him 1 shot the hulker, 1 shot.... that's when I quit the mission. I joined another and it still gave me the end dialog for that one so I screened it. I suspect he was doing more like 10 million or more and I don't doubt that he was using an auto target on top of that.

People who use cheats never use just one, they use everything out there, script kiddies can kill a game faster than EA

PookLove
04-25-2013, 05:53 PM

This is the PC version, I doubt you'll see any of this. I have not seen 1 hacker/cheater on xbox anyhow.

Jack Johnson
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
This is the PC version, I doubt you'll see any of this. I have not seen 1 hacker/cheater on xbox anyhow.

Really? I've seen several on PC. 1-hit kill hack seems pretty common, relatively speaking, on PC (probably get at least 1 guy doing it every 3 shadow wars).

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah I thought so you're just another empty headed troll, thanks for confirming that

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lka915sLrA1qhgme2.gif

PookLove
04-25-2013, 06:21 PM
doesn't matter

Mutated Spleen
04-25-2013, 06:39 PM

Whoever taught you must be incredibly uneducated.

Here is Trion's EULA:

1. GRANT OF A LIMITED LICENSE

Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with the Agreements, you may use the Site, Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any) and/or the Service solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes by access through a web browser or an authorized, unmodified Game Client. You may not use the Site, Account, Game(s) (including Game-related Virtual Items, if any), Game Client(s) or Service for any other purpose, or using any other method.

Booshy
04-25-2013, 06:46 PM

WOAH a dev comment on a post here in the forums! That's one of the first I've seen in forever.

Booshy
04-25-2013, 06:48 PM
I had the same thing happen, I shot someone right in the face with a combat shotgun 5 times and he took no damage at all, not even 0's appeared it isn't any perk that does that. PvP is so hacked it's just trash at the moment. I'd advise anyone who doesn't cheat to only play when someone is in Trion offices to answer Live chat.

They also need to add a listing of damage done just like coop, then we'd see a lot more reports and lot more people being kicked from this game. You'd catch a lot more because this is what you'd see:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g229/TimeViewer/Steam%20Games/Defiance/2013-04-23_00001a_zpsf8b076e4.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/TimeViewer/media/Steam%20Games/Defiance/2013-04-23_00001a_zpsf8b076e4.jpg.html)

So to any of you claiming that people who lose in PvP are just boohooing, yeah right.

lol wow, that's just insane.

TimeViewer
04-25-2013, 07:35 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lka915sLrA1qhgme2.gif

reported for spam and harassment, thanks again

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 07:39 PM
reported for spam and harassment, thanks again

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Ikagawa/Sheldon.gif (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Ikagawa/media/Sheldon.gif.html)

Jester
04-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!