PDA

View Full Version : Red onez go fasta!!" or why vehicles were clearly designed by Space Orks!

Shada Mori
04-25-2013, 03:09 PM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Kiyoko_Mori/Redonesgofaster_zps568afb11.jpg

It actually annoys me a little that if you pre-ordered you start with the literally fastest vehicle in the game. Its even better than the one you work your butt off to unlock (black). Leaves no room to upgrade, and even if you just prefer another color (Like my beloved billet metallic) .. you have to take a down grade to use it. What do you all think? Should the red one be faster than the others or is it just me?

Kristensen
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Ofcorse it must be faster... Its painted RED !!! WAAARRGGG

Fate
04-25-2013, 03:16 PM
they should buff red to 40 speed

DarkShadowMark
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Challenger sucks. Be a man. Use a dune buggy. They are the true kings of the road.

atlantix
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Challenger sucks. Be a man. Use a dune buggy. They are the true kings of the road.

i agree
dune buggy is pretty awesome vehicle if you can pilot it nicely//

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Actually a known fact the color Red and Flames make vehicles go fast.

Kristensen
04-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Got tired of the Challenger and mostly use the Dune Buggy now, sometime I pull out one of my ATV's too, they are so fun going offroad with :-)

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I prefer my quads and buggies to my Red Challenger. The Challengers handle like beached whales.

Pelaquin
04-25-2013, 03:24 PM
I use a growler, which always reminds me of this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X73BNKS04xw

DustOfDeath
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
dunes felt instantly faster compared to the red whale... regardless of the stats Oo
Now need to get a RED dune buggy... that would be a rocket!!!.

Shada Mori
04-25-2013, 03:37 PM
dunes felt instantly faster compared to the red whale... regardless of the stats Oo
Now need to get a RED dune buggy... that would be a rocket!!!.

One of the vendors sells one actually. :p

And yeah I mostly use Quads myself, and have a olive green Duni I bust out on occasion also... I just thought it was weird the pre-order RT was so much faster. Weirdly kind of a let down to me.

Gabbro1000
04-25-2013, 03:40 PM
If space orks designed them, there would be a 50% the car would back fire/explode everytime you used the boost.

Dazz
04-25-2013, 03:48 PM
me not that kind of Ork :P

Kiserai
04-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Just checking--this isn't due to a skill bonus for the one you have equipped which isn't reflected on the others, right?

Guyver84
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Meh I always use my Nomad anyway since I like it overall the best.

Well I did till I hit roller skill 19 and now refuse to use rollers till I know for sure they have fixed the stupid reset bug, but till then I will use my Hannibal.

Ikagawa
04-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Just checking--this isn't due to a skill bonus for the one you have equipped which isn't reflected on the others, right?

Nope.

/10char

Valethar
04-25-2013, 04:10 PM

Nope. The red one was marketed as the fastest vehicle available at release. That implies that eventually we'll see others that equal or exceed it in speed, but there's been no information beyond that.

Shada Mori
04-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Meh I always use my Nomad anyway since I like it overall the best.

Well I did till I hit roller skill 19 and now refuse to use rollers till I know for sure they have fixed the stupid reset bug, but till then I will use my Hannibal.

Nomad is my favorite vehicle in the game, but sadly I don't have one in live cause I bought from Trion instead of Steam. I had one in beta that was yellow and in Alpha I had a pink camouflage one from the store, but sadly they haven't released them in the store again yet. Fingers crossed it comes soon.

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 04:51 PM
I did not now that about the red challenger ... seems very odd, if anything the black one should be superior.

I haven't had any issues with skills resetting after the patch. Neither for weapons, nor for the two vehicle categories.

Strangelove
04-25-2013, 04:57 PM
The title of this thread is the best.

Deirachel
04-25-2013, 05:16 PM
+1 on the black one should be fastest. You have to prove your fast and good for that one.

Guyver84
04-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Nomad is my favorite vehicle in the game, but sadly I don't have one in live cause I bought from Trion instead of Steam. I had one in beta that was yellow and in Alpha I had a pink camouflage one from the store, but sadly they haven't released them in the store again yet. Fingers crossed it comes soon.

Yeah Nomad is by far my fav makes me glad I pre-ordered on steam.

I haven't had any issues with skills resetting after the patch. Neither for weapons, nor for the two vehicle categories.

Good to know, need to level runners anyway but will be nice to be able to go back to my Nomad after.

Choppanob
04-25-2013, 05:26 PM
<---- Can't say more then ...Waaagh !! ... after pushing the pedal to the metal in my red car :)
Only wish i had some dakka dakka on it though... can never have enough Dakka

hammurabi
04-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Don't you know? Red paint is more aerodynamic. Why do you think cops pull over more red cars then others. Its like a big "catch me if you can" sign.

Seriously one would think the one that takes the longest to get would be the fastest. But this issue is only for PR orders. Those that did not are just missing out. But more incentive to get the black one

4ndreas
04-25-2013, 05:40 PM
I use the buggy mainly because I find the Challenger drive / boost / idle sound god awful but also because I much prefer boosting.

Blackwolfe
04-25-2013, 05:47 PM
The Challenger might be the king of the road, but the dune buggy is definitely the king of the offroad :) I prefer buggies over challengers even though I have both the red and black challenger.

Kgummy
04-25-2013, 05:50 PM
I use the buggy mainly because I find the Challenger drive / boost / idle sound god awful but also because I much prefer boosting.
This. It might not be so bad if it wasn't louder than EVERYTHING ELSE. I'd turn it down, but then that would turn down everything that was in the same category.

What are we doing? Sticking our head in the engine? It's kind of funny it's an advertising car, but all it makes me want to do is NOT buy a Dodge Challenger, because I don't want a car that will cause hearing loss.