PDA

View Full Version : I know it's been discussed...

CaptObvious
04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
...and I know the options, but I really hope/wish they'd put out a Mac OS version of the game. My girlfriend wants to play with me and our friends, but she's on Mac with no PC in the house. Boot Camp and/or Parallels are great options, but you have to own or purchase a copy of Windows. This creates a problem of adding to the overall cost of the game. Parallels (if you don't want to have to boot into windows seperately) costs $80 on it's own, then you have the cost of Windows ($30 at the cheapest if you can swing the student discounted version), and finally the actual cost of the game license. So at the very least my $50 game just became a cool $160 plus tax. This is not at all pleasant on my wallet!

theyeti
04-25-2013, 03:30 PM
This game hasn't been pleasant to anyone's wallet.

CaptObvious
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Too true, too true. I think I'll just stick to finding Mac Based games for my girlfriend, then. Hopefully ESO will be FTP and have Mac settings, haha!

Xeex
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
u could just get a real computer =P i mean, a "gamer" who has a mac? srsly? lol
game has enough problems on its own, without having the wannabe elitest "mac users" crying on the forums.
perhaps i am biased. in fact, no, i am biased, but still. could get a gaming machine thatd run this, for like a quarter of what that mac cost, and itd still be a better machine

Archangel
05-03-2013, 03:57 PM
...and I know the options, but I really hope/wish they'd put out a Mac OS version of the game. My girlfriend wants to play with me and our friends, but she's on Mac with no PC in the house. Boot Camp and/or Parallels are great options, but you have to own or purchase a copy of Windows. This creates a problem of adding to the overall cost of the game. Parallels (if you don't want to have to boot into windows seperately) costs $80 on it's own, then you have the cost of Windows ($30 at the cheapest if you can swing the student discounted version), and finally the actual cost of the game license. So at the very least my $50 game just became a cool $160 plus tax. This is not at all pleasant on my wallet!

Im sorry but this is my inner PC tech speaking out.

You are stressing the financial frustrations about owning a MAC and how these extra costs are not pleasant on your wallet.....

yet...

You bought a MAC which is historically $300-$600 more than an equivalent PC with most likely a faster processor and more memory.

So the question is...

Why did you or your GF purchase a computer which cost much much more if you are concerned about your wallet? Also, knowing you like gaming. Why would you consider even purchasing a MAC?

I find your thread very entertaining.

If you have concerns for your wallet you should jump off the Mac ban wagon because Apples business model is not about to make their products more affordable for the avg consumer.

PC > Apple

Dwane
05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
They should come with Mac version soon, as PC playerbase gona dieout pretty fast. Theres so many MMOs available for PCs, many of them better then Defiance and F2P. On the other side, XBOX players will defend it till death as they dont have much other MMOs out there.

Xeex
05-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Im sorry but this is my inner PC tech speaking out.

You are stressing the financial frustrations about owning a MAC and how these extra costs are not pleasant on your wallet.....

yet...

You bought a MAC which is historically $300-$600 more than an equivalent PC with most likely a faster processor and more memory.

So the question is...

Why did you or your GF purchase a computer which cost much much more if you are concerned about your wallet? Also, knowing you like gaming. Why would you consider even purchasing a MAC?

I find your thread very entertaining.

If you have concerns for your wallet you should jump off the Mac ban wagon because Apples business model is not about to make their products more affordable for the avg consumer.

PC > Apple

Said it far, FAR better than I did!

You sir, are my hero of the day :D

Madhava
05-03-2013, 05:25 PM

I'll admit my knowledge of mac is very limited I really agree with archangel however the 110 is for something not related to the game and will probably be used alot on a mac (some games don't work well on mac'c etc). So it sounds like an investment on all games not just this one. So 50 is all your actually paying for the game same as everyone else.

Cutlass Jack
05-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Well sure if you only balance the cost against that one game. But it opens up the potential for her to play many games with you, not just this one.

And giving your girlfriend a shared gaming addiction: Priceless.

CaptObvious
05-07-2013, 03:52 PM
u could just get a real computer =P i mean, a "gamer" who has a mac? srsly? lol
game has enough problems on its own, without having the wannabe elitest "mac users" crying on the forums.
perhaps i am biased. in fact, no, i am biased, but still. could get a gaming machine thatd run this, for like a quarter of what that mac cost, and itd still be a better machine

If you had read more than the words "I" and "mac" then you would see that I do own a PC and my GIRLFRIEND owns the mac. She is only recently getting into gaming and had no use for a Gaming Machine prior to this past several months. Thanks for trying to be a jerk and ending up lookin a fool.

CaptObvious
05-07-2013, 03:58 PM
You bought a MAC which is historically $300-$600 more than an equivalent PC with most likely a faster processor and more memory . . . Why did you or your GF purchase a computer which cost much much more if you are concerned about your wallet? Also, knowing you like gaming. Why would you consider even purchasing a MAC? . . . If you have concerns for your wallet you should jump off the Mac ban wagon because Apples business model is not about to make their products more affordable for the avg consumer.

Well, this would all be very applicable if I had actually purchased a Mac. My girlfriend has one, and has had one longer than we've been dating. She only just recently got into gaming as a way to do something together besides target shooting and hiking (as these activities are dependent upon other circumstances and we can almost always play games inside). I understand that making a "MACable" versioni of a game isn't easy or particularly cheap, but there are actually a lot of gamers who use MACs for other purposes, maybe they have one because that's whatever their job is requires for them to work from home? But what do I know, I'm just the guy throwing out an idea into a group of technological biggots, how silly of me to think people would care about the financial well-being of a company and the idea of growth across platforms into the future. What was I thinking?

CaptObvious
05-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Well sure if you only balance the cost against that one game. But it opens up the potential for her to play many games with you, not just this one.

And giving your girlfriend a shared gaming addiction: Priceless.

This is true, but most of the games I play have MAC requirements as well. More and more game companies are getting back around to supporting MAC, so this is the only game at the moment she wants to play and can't. I hate that I can't get her hooked on this one, too. Of course if Trion doesn't fix a real issue I'm having, I may not be hooked on this one much longer. But that's another thread and another support ticket.

SteveMND
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Speaking as a Mac user since it came out in '84, and who has his Apple tower dual-booted into Windows 7 to play video games, I sympathize. Unfortunately, the market share simply isn't there yet for most companies to spend the time and resources to make a Mac-OS-native game (and as software like Wine, etc. get better, the impetus is perhaps even less today that it was a year or two ago). That said, if you can convince her, and her system's robust enough (I'm assuming she's on a macbook), getting a copy of Window 7 and setting it up to dual boot would be a worthwhile expenditure if you two are planning on gaming together more often.