PDA

View Full Version : Beta = Easy?

TGxPriest
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Hey Guys,

Absolutely loving the beta..

Just one thing - Don't you find the beta incredibly easy, barely any challenging fights or events for me.

usrevenge2
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
traditionally mmos are pretty easy except raiding, pvp ect. plus remember this is only like the first area of the game.

kbrownridge
03-20-2013, 04:04 PM
If it is, you've played WAY too many shooters.
As a more casual shooter, more prone to playing RPGs, I've found it hard to find my stride, as it were.
I've played "shooters" like Bioshock, Uncharted, and Mass Effect, and I know they are not hardcore like CoD, GoW, etc, but I thought at least SOME of the mechanics would transfer over, and so far, although I'm starting to get the hang of it, it's been a learning curve.
Which is why all this complaining about "aim-snap" is frustrating to me. I agree, that headshots and criticals should NOT be part of auto-aim, nor available in PvP, but a LITTLE assist wouldn't be terrible, specifically for consoles, and more casual shooters who are more interested in soloing the storyline and exploring the world.

For the hardcore shooters, I can see though, how it might seem a bit easy, since you may be used to no aim-assist massive hordes swarming you and non stop adrenaline pumping action.

TGxPriest
03-20-2013, 04:10 PM
I can see that, i should have been more specific, ill explain below..

The boss we did in a 4 player instance dropped in like a minute as well with 3 brand new players, which was highly disappointing to all of us. We weren't hoping on an invincible boss don't get me wrong, but a bit of a challenge would have been nice.

I'm an FPS and MMO vet, and i know it should not be this easy.. Especially if rewards are going to be given out for it.

Don't take it the wrong way, its all constructive criticism, in the end of the day this game is still awesome and i'll definitely be playing it for a week straight come launch ;)

PRE
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
I agree with the op, the game is very easy.

Even ark falls are not that challenging, just more or less a grind.

The ai does seem to get a challenging when you solo missions but that's mainly do to the fact they throw a lot in your direction at once.

Bottom line I hope they spike up the difficulty a tad

pricey007
03-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Could you Vets tell me where I can get ammo after I run out? I've been jumping around for ages trying to find some and I'm being forced to Melee kill all enemies instead. What am I missing?

Can find ammo easily during missions but not when I'm exploring.

usrevenge2
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
there are random box/pole looking things, i think they glow yellow. they are at almost any site with lots of combat, or you can go to an arkfall location, almost all the enemies drop ammo and usually the dozens of other players will kill them so you can easily get ammo

Stoned Soldier
03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
I agree with the op, the game is very easy.

Even ark falls are not that challenging, just more or less a grind.

The ai does seem to get a challenging when you solo missions but that's mainly do to the fact they throw a lot in your direction at once.

Bottom line I hope they spike up the difficulty a tad
I also see more of a leaning towards hordes of enemys rather than tactical groups. also as pointed this is all early on game content, more than likely there will be encounters were more tactics and strategizing will take place. as for the solos they seem alright but from a MMO point of view the agroo range and not reseting is definetly leaning towards the all out guns blazing frags flying as oppose to hold down the left flank while we take out these rocket launchers in the tower or such.