PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody explain how the scoring works after a major arkfall?

crasher
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Can somebody please explain how a player gets 195 kills with '0' damage in an arkfall?

This was this evening, the player ranked 20/20 on the list (the bottom of the list in #20th place).

I'm wondering if the scores and data base just need tweaking, or whether the database is hosed and its just guesses.

I'm not complaining that I'm not ranking high enough, I make the list often enough that I know the database can see everyone fairly, and since I'm the only one who see's my name for just that split second, nobody cares. :)

I'm just trying to figure out how the numbers work, and what makes the scoring work.

The whole concept of the algorithm that decides who fired the last bullet in a mob scene that killed any one particular NPC is way above my pay grade.

Thanks for any insight.

Archangel
04-25-2013, 04:02 PM
that was a bug. Some weapons dont count damage such as VOT MASS Launchers.

So in Ark falls or pvp or co-op you may run into this issue. Its been reported but doesn't hurt to report your experiences since it may be different than others who reported it.

Grizzly
04-25-2013, 04:03 PM
It doesn't work, that's how :)

Fraga
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Apparently, if you throw a cluster grenade, you can say goodbye to your damage count on that ark fall.

crasher
04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Y'all.

I appreciate the learnin'

Shada Mori
04-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Well scoring doesn't really mean anything anyways. But yeah its bugged right now and its based purely on how much damage you do anyways, which to me is stupid.. I've seen plenty of co-op runs where the "top" .. using the term loosely person did twice the damage as the next nearest person, yet had only a few more or even less kills. Its a badly flawed system.

Snowranger19
04-25-2013, 04:53 PM
That means they may have focued on objectives not so much killing. A lot of arkfalls, you don't even need to kill anything. I clear many scrapper arkfalls by focusing on the crystals and never the guys protecting it. They just respawn anyway.

Well scoring doesn't really mean anything anyways. But yeah its bugged right now and its based purely on how much damage you do anyways, which to me is stupid.. I've seen plenty of co-op runs where the "top" .. using the term loosely person did twice the damage as the next nearest person, yet had only a few more or even less kills. Its a badly flawed system.

sraray
04-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Apparently, if you throw a cluster grenade, you can say goodbye to your damage count on that ark fall.

WTF....I was trying to figure out why all the sudden I was getting 0 damage for the last 3 arkfalls. Thanks for the info, and thank you Developer who decided I should get a cluster grenade as a reward. :)

Bored Peon
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Not apparently, absolutely true. As son as I stopped using them I stopepd receiving 0s in co-ops and arkfalls.

TheLaughingMan
04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
You get xp, scrip, ark pieces, and random items just for participating. So kills and dmg really have no meaning. Cluster Grenades works alright if they hit but Trion really needs to fix the bugs. I prefer using frags w/ a 26 sec cooldown.

Nero
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Also I've noticed that getting 0 credit doesnt just mean you get zero credit. All the 0 damage counts get added to a random player. Nothing like doing 95% of an arkfall solo and some Jek comes in as your are finishing off your major arkfall and bam instant first place and you get second place with 0 damage.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
kills dont matter, total damage does, he probably did more damage on the crystal itself instead of killing bugs.

Also killing 10 skitterlings, wont get you as much damage as killing 1 matriarch
Someone can have 70 kills and have less damage and be lower on the list than someone with 0 kills. It depends what they were focusing on and what type enemy they were killing

Tgreen
04-25-2013, 10:08 PM
kills dont matter, total damage does, he probably did more damage on the crystal itself instead of killing bugs.

For your e-peen maybe, you won't get awarded anything special because you score #1.
In a way it's exactly the opposite of what you said since there are tons of pursuits that revolve around kills, Arkfall specific and otherwise.

Cluster's are the secret, yes. They're magic. ;>

Nate Murder
04-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info. It's happened to me about 8 times today. I normally take first or second place, just about every time. The only time I'm not placed 1st or 2nd is if I'm really late and I'll still place in the top 10. I just started using the cluster grenades today because my clan mate got is first legendary weapon today and he got an orange cluster grenade. He got 0% damage about 4 times as well. We even went to two different Major Afkfalls in San Francisco today, where we were the first ones there and destroyed the first two crystals by ourselves, TWICE, before others came and joined for the last three crystals. Just me and my buddy. So all together, we completely destroyed 4 crystals out of a total of 10 crystals combined, and two Hellions, while we were in San Fran, BUT, we ended up with 0% damage, TWICE lol. And I always get at least a million in damage. Again, thanks for the info.